Yikes!

By Agate

Yikes!

Postby Agate » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:15 am

I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've written here until Sabina sent a PM to check on me. (By the way, thanks for that, hon!)

So, update time. Fair warning, I'm running on coffee and adrenaline, so this may be kind of rambley.

I guess I wasn't writing much because the veggie journey has been going quite smoothly. Most of the things I was worried about turned out to be not-issues.

The current news story here is that I am MOVING in two months! Sunshine has been bugging me to move out to California for almost a year now. My current lease expires soon, so I'm taking advantage of that opening to get out of St. Louis. The past couple years I've felt trapped, smothered here. Now that I have a chance to leave, I'm getting out while the getting's good!

One lesson I have learned well is to always bring something I can eat to a potluck! I went to one recently where the only meat-free dishes were the pasta I brought, the salad another lady brought, and the desserts. However, that will (probably) be easier after I move...if nothing else because Sunshine is also a vegetarian and can give me some good tips. And it means that she won't be the only one ignoring the turkey on Thanksgiving!

Mom and dad still don't have a clue...either about my radical change in diet or my moving plans. I've got a bet on with Sunshine that they don't figure out the former before mid August; personally I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't figured it out by the time I move.

Telling them that I'm moving with so little notice is gonna be hard. Maybe I should have said something months ago...but my gut advised against it. While I am stronger than I used to be, it would not be that hard for Mom and Dad to lean on me hard enough to make me change my mind. I'll tell them when all the plans are set, present it to them as a fait accompli.

This might go well, it might not. Recently Dad got a phishing email saying that I was stranded in London. When I called to let him know I was okay, he laughed and said he guessed it was a fake. He also said that I'm enough like his mother that he could see me flying off at a whim. He would have been okay with my going, he just wanted to know how I'd done it!

Much as I love my parents, we don't get along very well. All three of us will be far happier with me half a continent away.

I had forgotten how packing can be a cathartic experience. Going through stuff that's sat in my apartment for years, seeing, thinking, deciding if it's valuable enough to haul with me...it's a very physical aspect of cleaning out my Temple! I find it rather amusing that when all is said and done, I'll have easily twice as many boxes full of angel figurines than I will of kitchen stuff...

Anyhow, that's a quick and distracted update from this Temple steward. I'll try to get back here more often.
Everyone's got a tale to tell,
I know I'm not the first, or last but somewhere in-between;
Not best but not the worst.
Agate

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 8

Re: Yikes!

Postby Sabina » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:47 am

Moving to another place and packing, which can be nicely combined with cleansing and minimizing as well, can be a lovely Feng Shui experience! Getting rid of everything that we don't really need, anything that doesn't really serve us.
I have moved plenty of times in the past, and always found it to be exciting in a multitude of ways. I hope it is just as good for you.

As for your parents, your father's call and the e-mail he received seem like the perfect mood setter, as well as helper for your case. Nice "coincidence"! :)

It's good to hear from you again, and I hope you catch up on some of the other topics as well.
In the mean time however, have fun feng-shui-ing! ;0)

"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Sabina » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Addendum:
I just saw your new avatar photo, and I can't tell you how happy I was to see the real you instead of a stone, however pretty that stone may be, seeing you is so much better!!
[El] Wonderful!
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:58 pm

Welcome again Agate. *WAVE*
I also think that all this moving is very healthy thing.
When we clean our life we make place for new things to come.
I wish you that all new things that will enter into your life enrich it the most beautiful way.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Agate » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 am

Sabina wrote:Addendum:
I just saw your new avatar photo, and I can't tell you how happy I was to see the real you instead of a stone, however pretty that stone may be, seeing you is so much better!!
[El] Wonderful!

Glad you like it. It's not all that recent...but I don't have anything recent!
Everyone's got a tale to tell,
I know I'm not the first, or last but somewhere in-between;
Not best but not the worst.
Agate

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 8

Return to Full of Beans