Would you rather

Exercise your mind through 'what if' scenarios, moral
dilemmas, brain teasers & other playful ways.

Re: Would you rather

Postby Mikaila27 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:48 pm

1. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
It depends... could I still write? Sing? If I could still express myself in those ways, I might give up speech, because although I try to be honest, I like the privacy of my thoughts.

2. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future?

This is a tough one! I think perhaps I'd rather know their future, if I HAD to pick one. The press of everyone's thoughts all the time would be awful, and I would never know if I thought something or if my thoughts were being implanted in my mind. But knowing people's future might be awful too... it would be a burden either way. But really, I'd rather be able to pick neither. Some things we're not meant to know, not because we can't know them, but because it would undo us to know them.

3. Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich?
Happy for 8 hours a day. (this from someone who plans to pursue the Arts... I KNOW I'll be poor! But I'll be happy doing what I love.)

4. Would you rather forget who you were or who everyone else was?

I'm not sure how to answer this one, because who I am is so tangled up in who I know and love. They all leave a mark on me, so I wouldn't be who I was if not for them...

5. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years?
3 wishes in ten years. I can wait. :)

6. Would you rather not be able to use your phone or your e-mail?
My e-mail. (IF, that is, facebook doesn't count as email. Otherwise the answer definitely changes)

7. Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
Only be able to whisper. Whispering has its own way of making people listen.

8. Would you rather have smart friends or fun ones?
Fun ones. Although I think those traits coincide quite often, and I'd rather have a mix of both!

9. Would you rather cheat on your partner or your partner cheated on you?
I'd rather be cheated on. There are few people who can really tear me apart, and I am good at handling it. I can forgive almost anything if I love someone enough. But guilt... oh, I hate that. I feel worse than the person I've wronged.

10. Would you rather be a man or a woman (in a new life)?
A woman. I admire the subtlety that seems to come more often in women. But if said life was in, say, Medieval times? I'd probably be a man, just because I couldn't stand being owned and controlled.

11. If you had to be stuck in a movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose and why? Who would you be?
Hmm... that is a tough one, too. I'd probably pick a BOOK, and not a movie. However... I guess I wouldn't mind being Maureen from Rent, haha. :) Truly, I don't watch many movies, so I don't have a lot to work with.

And why?
Why? Because she's fun loving, and outspoken, and she has someone who loves her. (and she gets to sing all the time) And she's one of the characters not doomed to die within years of the movie.
Mikaila27

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: A Great and Terrible Beauty
Favorite movie: Easy A
Things I like: I love music. Any art, really. Painting, photography, drawing, dancing, singing, writing, reading, travelling... The world inspires me. I love to create things, and to capture them.
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

Postby mirjana » Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Mikaila27 ,
Welcome to DS. =0)
I like your reply. You have chosen a very good post as your first one because DS members have an opportunity to know you better.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby StarMunchkin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:14 pm

1. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?

I think I would rather remain silent. I generally prefer to keep my thoughts to myself anyway, so being forced to say them out loud would be against my nature. Besides I'd probably just make a fool of myself.

2. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future?

I would rather always know their future. I really, REALLY don't want to know what people are thinking. Knowing everyone's future would make me more epic. I think the only thing that would be bad about it was if I knew something tragic were going to happen to someone, and was unable to do anything to change it.

Definitely happy and poor. I'm already poor, and mostly happy, so this works for me. I wouldn't want to be sad every day even if I was rich. What's the point of having lots of money anyway if it can't make you happy?

I think forgetting who everyone else was would be far more troublesome, so I'd choose forgetting who I am. Besides, it could be like getting a completely fresh start on life. If I can't remember who I am, then I can't remember all my mistakes and faults which is very freeing.

5. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years?

One wish granted today. I would wish to be completely debt free. That would be really nice. Getting that one wish now would definitely be worth more than three wishes in 10 years time.

My phone. I find my phone more a nuissance than anything anyway. It would be a blessing to get rid of it.

Whisper. Shouting would give me a headache (not to mention everyone else a headache as well) and hurt my throat.

Hmm...I think I would rather have fun friends. Since most of the time I spend with my friends is used having fun, I don't really need my friends to be that smart, while fun friends are preferable.

I'd rather have my partner cheat on me. I know that I would be able to forgive him, and while I do believe he would forgive me, I would be afraid that he might not. And I would never cheat on him.

I'd be a woman. I enjoy being a woman too much.

11. If you had to be stuck in a movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose and why? Who would you be?

Probably Lord of the Rings. Definitely Lord of the Rings. If I couldn't just insert myself as a character, I would be Eowyn.
StarMunchkin

Favorite book: A Song of Ice and Fire series
Favorite movie: Dances With Wolves
Things I like: Books, Computer/video games, Cross-stitching, Cats, Going to the zoo, Exercise, Some t.v. and movies, Cooking and Eating, Travel.
State of Mind or Tendency: Feisty

Postby amandrea » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 am

In dealing with the devil you never recieve what you thought you had bargained for. It doesn't have to be the devil either. In Norse mythology a female god blessed a man saying all his lays would come true. Her enemy cursed him saying he would forget them as soon as they wer said. His blesser said he would always be victorious in battle. His curser said he would always be seriously wounded.
This all means that how ever I may answer these questions may not be the results I expect.
amandrea

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Flashman
Favorite movie: Last of the Mohecans
Things I like: Honeybees
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 1

Postby dermot » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:19 pm

1 Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
i would rather speak my mind, to be confined to dealing with ones own thoughts and feelings without the option of speaking out would be worse than any death...i imagine. I dont know how long i would last if i did speak my mind though,but at least i would have had a voice.

Always know their future i think, i could probably come to terms with that, and possibly i would understand how their mind worked as a result? It might make me more tolerant too!...Anyway i think i make a good stab at reading most peoples minds at it is!

Imagine being happy for 8hours each day, i dont know anyone who is. Being poor is a state of mind, most of the time

I would happily forget who everyone else was...with the understanding that i could get to know them again without any of my own projections/ prejudices / judgements being a factor

One wish today please.

I would rather be able to connect with someones voice.

Think about it, whats romantic or interesting about shouting?

8.Would you rather have smart friends or fun ones?
Fun ones please, the ability to make someone laugh is a talent that shouldnt be underestimated. Smart has positives and negatives.

i would rather not carry the guilt thanks.

I love women, and i try to embrace my feminine side, but im not sure i could do the stuff they do!

I would be Brian, in The Life of Brian, theres no reason i can think of that would change my mind.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:34 pm

1. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again? I would rather always have to say everything on my mind. It must be hard nor to speak ever…

2. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future? I would rather know their future. As the model of thinking contributes to that what future we shall have, knowing their future will be also like understanding their model of thinking.

3. Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich? To be happy for 8hrs/day is a beautiful goal. And as everything in life has its price, so much happiness on daily basis is worth some sacrifice too.

The immediate association is the movie "Regarding Henry" . That movie shows the importance of personal approach and love toward the person who has forgotten who s/he was. I think that I would rather give my love to others helping them to make a new start than putting those I love in that position.

5. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years? I always remember the advice to be cautious about wishes. So to make a wish about the wishes is not an easy task. But, I think that I would rather have one wish granted today.

My phone.

Whisper would be my choice.

Fun friends are a blessing spicy to the life.

I would rather have my partner cheat on me.

Although it is said that we live in the men´s world, I am happy that I am a woman.

11. If you had to be stuck in a movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose and why? Who would you be? And why?
I think it will be the movie Something´s Gotta Give. Erica Barry is smart and witty, she is independent and talented. She has her own life and she loves her work being the same time quite a successful writer. All others she loves have their place in her life too.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:34 pm

1. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again? Never speak again. Doesn't say anything about writing though ;)

Know their future- for a person's mind is their own business.

3. Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich? Hmm this one is interesting. I suppose the happiness option seems enticing given that the 8 hours a day option for happiness seems to imply that that the other 16 hours are not happy.
However its difficult to answer - there are so many variables in the question.

Forget who I was -then everyone I know could fill me in.

One wish, today. There's no guarantee I'd be around in ten years.

Phone - can't stand the telephone.

Whisper.

8. Would you rather have smart friends or fun ones?[/b
]Fun. Definitely fun. What's the point of smart without fun?

[b]9. Would you rather cheat on your partner or your partner cheated on you?

Have my partner cheat on me. Forgiveness is bliss. Guilt is hell on earth.

I'd have a crack at being a man. Just for funsies.

Bethany out of the movie Dogma. For I have a penchant for strange and unusual modern day quests.
Rachel

Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Postby saffanna » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:18 am

I'd never speak again, as long as i could still use written or electronic communication.

I'd much rather read their mind so I'd know when to leave. Or better yet, when to stay.

Happy & poor would be my choice.

I'd go mad either way, but would prefer to forget everyone else. What fun always meeting new people.

If it was the right choice, I'd only need one.

I'd lose the phone. I much prefer the written word. I think process better when writing.

Too much shouting in the world, a whisper draws people in.

I don't think the two are exclusive of the other.

I'd rather be the cheater. Something would be wrong with the relationship for me to cheat. Easier to apologize and leave than heal my broken heart.

A woman again if I could benefit from what I've learned this time around.

Benny and Joon. I'd be Joon.

And why?
Joon learns to be fulfilled in her eccentricities.
saffanna

Favorite book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Favorite movie: The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons
Things I like: Alternative music, back road travel
State of Mind or Tendency: Lazy

Postby pernicious » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:06 am

Have to say everything on my mind. I think it would make my life a lot easier.

Mind reading. I've always thought it would be cool to read minds.

Happy/poor. I'm already poor, but I can't say the same for happy.

A little of both. I have done some things I would rather forget, and a few people close to me have done things that I will never get over.

One wish granted today.

phone. I use e-mail way more often.

Whisper. People can't hear me even when I'm shouting so whats the point?

Fun ones. You only live once.

I would rather cheat. I'd like to think that I could always trust this "partner".

Woman. Because I enjoy it very much.

Beetle Juice. Lydia Deetz.
pernicious

Favorite book: Girl Interrupted
Favorite movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Things I like: Carousels, Music, Psychology, Sleeping, Day Dreaming, Staring, Observing, Drawing, Writing, Learning, Photography, Internet, Hands, Eyes, Body Modification, Paranormal, Imagination, Philosophy, Sociology, Insomnia, Mind, Body, Art, Clowns, Roller Derby, Babies, Contacts, Words, Breathing, Dogs, Snakes, Moose, Sloths, Sphynx, Perfume, Bones, Veins, Hospitals, Red, Blood, Cities, Victorian, Gothic Cathedrals, Pale Skin, Olive skin.
State of Mind or Tendency: Worried

Previous

Return to Imagination Exercises