Would you rather

Exercise your mind through 'what if' scenarios, moral
dilemmas, brain teasers & other playful ways.

Would you rather

Postby Sabina » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:55 pm

1. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?

2. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future?

3. Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich?

4. Would you rather forget who you were or who everyone else was?

5. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years?

6. Would you rather not be able to use your phone or your e-mail?

7. Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?

8. Would you rather have smart friends or fun ones?

9. Would you rather cheat on your partner or your partner cheated on you?

10. Would you rather be a man or a woman (in a new life)?

11. If you had to be stuck in a movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose and why? Who would you be?

And why?
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Would you rather

Postby Ryan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:10 am

Sabina wrote:1. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
Never speak again... because... I have a bad temper...

Sabina wrote:2. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future?
Always know their future... because I am irritated by stupidity...

Sabina wrote:3. Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich?
Happy for 8 hours per day and poor... I don't like being sad...

Sabina wrote:4. Would you rather forget who you were or who everyone else was?
Forget who I was... I forget why...

Sabina wrote:5. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years?
One wish today... Because I want to make a change now...

Sabina wrote:6. Would you rather not be able to use your phone or your e-mail?
Phone... because I don't like talking on the phone...

Sabina wrote:7. Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout\
Whisper... it's less aggressive...

Sabina wrote:8. Would you rather have smart friends or fun ones?
Smart...

Sabina wrote:9. Would you rather cheat on your partner or your partner cheated on you?
My partner cheat on me...

Sabina wrote:10. Would you rather be a man or a woman (in a new life)?
Man... woman have a hard life...

Sabina wrote:11. If you had to be stuck in a movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose and why? Who would you be?

And why?
Star Wars... and I would be Yoda... and really... why? He's green, he's wise, he's over 600 years old, he's smooth and funny... plus his ally is the force... and a powerful ally it is. Plus, cruising around in the stars would be pretty cool in my opinion.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby Metatron » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

1. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?

Uh, never speak again. You sometimes can't stop your thoughts, they often go in ways that could embarrass you so, so much (and get you beaten up if girls aren't your only object of desire =0/ )

2. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future?

Read their mind. Life is more interesting when you don't know what's coming, and people are a natural part of your life, so you'd eventually meet someone whose life will somehow be connected to you, so you might risk finding out your own future as well. I might have liked that some time ago, not anymore though.

Hey, this one's tricky. What about the rest of the day? If I am happy for 8 hours, I might be unhappy later because I am poor. But If I am sad for 8 hours, I might be happy that I am rich later! So I'll go with the second option :P

How could I forget who everyone else was, and not forget who I am?

5. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years?

In ten years. I could rob loads of banks and after the ten years I could wish to get out f prison and get my money back B0) And I'd still have one to spare... :P

My email. I can't go anywhere without my phone, without it I feel like Harry Potter without his wand. It's pretty weird, but I feel uncomfortable without it.

Whisper. People who shout tend to be stupid, those who have something really groundbreaking to say, can whisper it too and still make a difference, I think.

Of course fun ones! I havemy philosophy teacher to talk smart with, friends are for fun.

Me cheat on my partner :P

I guess I'd try woman, just for a blast. I couldn't last like that though. I'm a guy and loving it :D

11. If you had to be stuck in a movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose and why? Who would you be?

Billy Elliot and I'd be Billy, because he becomes a successful ballet dancer and makes his dream come true.
Who the hell is it you try to impress?

All you have to do is learn to care less!
Metatron

State of Mind or Tendency: Sleepy
Kudos: 13

Postby Sabina » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Neither of you two answered the "why" for the 9th question! B0)
What's up with that?

Sabina wrote:1. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?

Say everything on my mind.. I pretty much already do it, so it wouldn't be a big change.

Sabina wrote:2. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future?

Be able to read everyone's mind... The future can be changed, the now matters.

Sabina wrote:3. Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich?

Happy for 8hrs and poor... I would never choose an option where sadness is predetermined.

Sabina wrote:4. Would you rather forget who you were or who everyone else was?

Forget who everyone else was... because I could simply get to know them again.

Sabina wrote:5. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years?

One wish today... because I don't know what will be in 10 years.

Sabina wrote:6. Would you rather not be able to use your phone or your e-mail?

Not be able to use the phone... I use e-mail more.

Sabina wrote:7. Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?

Definitely whisper... I don't like shouting anyway.

Sabina wrote:8. Would you rather have smart friends or fun ones?

Smart friends... because if they are so smart, they would be funny too. If they have no sense for humor, they are not very smart.

Sabina wrote:9. Would you rather cheat on your partner or your partner cheated on you?

Cheat on my partner... because I know myself better than I know anyone else.

Sabina wrote:10. Would you rather be a man or a woman (in a new life)?

Always a woman... because... B0) of millions of reasons. Since one suffices, I'd say because they (for the most part) have a natural tendency to harmony.

Sabina wrote:11. If you had to be stuck in a movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose and why? Who would you be?

I know it's my question but can it be a game instead? I would choose the Tomb Raider game. There is a movie too, I know, but I would never ever choose that. I would be Lara Croft, in the game, obviously. Why.. because she explores and discovers and travels, and wherever she travels to, there are only ancient buildings, nature and no tourists. =0@
I will think some more about this, maybe I can think of a movie that would fit as well.

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Heidi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:23 am

Although they say that silence is golden, I'd rather say everything that's on my mind, Speaking your mind enhances communication.

Know their future. In this way I could provide them with the best of advice.

First we need to define poverty. There are people who consider themselves poor because they can't afford a Ferrari or to keep up with the treadmill. Above poverty level, the relationship between income and happiness is remarkably small, so if I were to be below the poverty level, that is not to have the minimal income to support myself, I would be sad and worried 24/7. In this case I'd choose the second option.

It's difficult to live among strangers or not being able to recognize the ones you love. I'd rather forget who I was. After all the others would provide me with plenty of information.

“One bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!” So one wish today.

My e-mail. I think phones are more useful in case of emergency.

Only be able to whisper.

Smart ones.

My partner on me. I would be able to forgive him, he wouldn't!

A woman, just for the privilege of becoming a mother. And since I'm in a mood for
proverbs: “Maternity is a matter of fact, paternity is a matter of opinion.”

11. If you had to be stuck in a movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose
and why? Who would you be?
Lady Guinevere in the film “First Knight,” for her tender love for King Arthur, her deep
love for Lancelot and for the fact that she was loved by both of them.
Heidi

State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 17

Postby Ryan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:37 pm

So, Heidi... are you an earth sign?
Ryan

Postby Heidi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:16 am

No, I'm a fire sign... Aries, ascendant: Scorpio
Heidi

State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 17

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 am

... and there you have it! I was off on that one, huh?
=0/
Ryan

Postby HGolightly » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:08 am

Always share what's on my mind ...

Neither - I'd rather it stay a mystery ...

I'd rather be sad for 7hrs/day (minus 1/hr for lunch) and rich ... the other 17 hours post work, I'd be happy. In addition, to 48 hrs over the weekend - pending I wasn't just working four days a week. Therefore, the 32 (28 w/lunch)to 40 hrs. (35 w/lunch) deemed as unhappy, would provide me the ability to significantly help "many" people economically - food, housing, health care, creating programs for children, and the list goes on ... a small sacrifice for the greater good.

Forget who I am ... a blank slate sounds refreshing (lols).

Hold out for the three wishes granted in ten years ... this way I could use one (if needed) and grant two wishes for two other individuals/families.

Just say "no" to a la' phone ...

Whisper sweet nothings ...

Now come on, does it really matter?! I'd rather have a mix - makes life a little more interesting. <3

Bah!! =0o Bad either way - No rather/or here!

Neither ... I'd rather stay within the confines of the celestial Kingdom - I hear outer darkness is quite lovely ... =0@

Breakfast at Tiffany's B0) Holly Golightly =0@ And why? =0X ...
HGolightly

State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 15

Postby Daywhite » Tue May 04, 2010 6:38 pm

This is hard because to always have to say everything on my mind, I would be thinking out loud, constantly. I could be in line at the grocery, see a beautiful woman, and say, rather than think, "Man, look at the a$$ ⊗ on her!" or be interviewed for a job and say, again, "I can't believe what an idiot you are, and you'll be "My" boss; damn!" So, to have to say EVERYTHING on my mind, I don't know. Being mute might not be so bad. I could write down the things I really wanted to say and wouldn't be expected to join in idle chit-chat. Guess, I would go with mute.
Always know their future but not my own? Hmm? If I knew their future, maybe I could save them from some accident about to happen to them. Then again, reading their minds, being able to know what women are really thinking...hmm? I think I would go with knowing their future. Might be painful to know when someone you love is about to die, but at least you would know and be able to spend time with them. Besides, if I knew what women really think, I'd probably be even more confused than I am now.
I was thinking of something similar to Holly's answer. You could basically be asking would you rather have a job you hate and a lot of money, or a job you love and be happy. Someone said long ago if you find a job you love, you'll never work another day in your life. Since I've had the opportunity to pursue jobs that pay nice sums, but didn't because I knew I would hate the job, obviously, I would go with happy for 8 hours. However, you didn't say if I would be miserable the other 16 hours. May need to change my answer =0)
I think either one would be freeing and a chance to start over. However, if I were to forget who I was, but remember everyone else, including family, then it would seem I would remember some things about myself by knowing them. If I remember Gabby's my niece, then, by association, I would know I was her uncle. So I would know certain things about myself. But, that's what I would pick, I think, to forget who I was. Start over, tableau rasa.
There is the justification of saying eat dessert first, because one never knows the future (not counting question 2). I would go with one wish now (even though I have no idea what it might be), and hopefully be able to use that to work toward making a life in ten years where I wouldn't really want any wishes, being happy with what I had.
I am not a phone person at all, often avoiding it when it rings. Not avoiding anyone in particular, but simply not wanting to talk to anyone. I have no cell phone and will continue avoiding it until something makes it seem absolutely necessary. E-mail is fine, though nothing like a hand written note or letter. I used to tell a friend e-mail was more like c-mail, as in condom-mail. Communication is provided, but without the physical touch of something hand written.
I hate to shout and will rarely do so, even when called for. Whisper, definitely.
I think I will steal part of someone else's answer and say smart, assuming they would also be fun. Even if they weren't fun, being too geekish to have a sense of humor, they would be fun to make fun of, so always a laugh. Definitely smart friends.
Cheat on my partner. I would know if it really meant anything, as far as something I wanted to pursue, or if it was simply a one-time thing and would never happen again. If my partner cheated, although she may tell me all the right things, didn't mean anything, "I was thinking of you, and so was she. Oh, and I have pictures." Even if she said all of that and more, I'm not sure I would ever fully trust her again. Even if it were a matter of neither of us finding out, I think I would still choose to be the one who cheated.
I've told female friends for years, there's no way I would want to be a woman. Life is hard enough simply being a man, the one with all of the supposed advantages. From the big things to the simple things, like getting dressed, it's much simpler being a man. Not saying it's easy, but I think easier than being a woman.
Campbell Scott's character in Dying Young. Yes, he was dying, but didn't die during the movie, and since I was stuck in the movie, I would never die. Much of the movie takes place in Mendocino, California and the area around there. It's an absolute beautiful area, a place I visited and loved. So to spend my time between there and San Francisco wouldn't be a bad way at all to live a life. Oh, yeah, he was able to spend much quality time with Julia Roberts, so, yeah, that wouldn't be so bad, either.
"Sometimes you do it to save your own life, not anybody else's. That's mostly why I write. I'm not trying to change anybody else's life or the world; I'm trying to keep from blowing my own brains out. That's the real point." -- Guy Clark
Daywhite

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 18

Next

Return to Imagination Exercises