Who says

Not just for linguists and logophiles (word lovers)
The exploring, discovering and discussing of words, language & communication from different perspectives.

Who says

Postby drodgers37069 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Who said that doing the right thing wasn't sometimes painful

Who said being responsible was rewarding and fulfilling all the time

Who said treating people with dignity and respect always gets the same in response

Who said letting you get to know me was a smart and safe thing to do

Who said "never let em see you cry"

Who said that love is easy, fair, simple, honorable and everlasting

Who said being hurt was a license to be selfish and insensitive

Who said just because you say something with passion and conviction it must be true

Who said don't leave the top off the milk in the fridge. Ok so that one is pretty smart

But

Who said that loving is always kind and forgiving

Who said if you love me you won't ever hurt me.

Who said intimacy includes invasion (or evasion)

Who said being angry is a necessary part of living

Who said compromise is an appropriate way to improve relationships

Who said that building character through diversity is to be desired

I'm not sure who said most of these things, maybe nobody did. That would explain why I trust nobody. Nobody ever took the time to explain the whole exception to the rule idea. Now when nobody speaks, I am entirely too eager to listen.
drodgers37069

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: God is not Great
Favorite movie: Bob Dylan
Things I like: Sarcasm and witticisms, irreverence cleverly presented, Skewering of sacred cows, fishing, golf, coffee with friends and learning,
State of Mind or Tendency: Feisty
Kudos: 1

Re: Who says

Postby mirjana » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi drodgers37069 ,
Welcome to DS =0)
Who said -trust nobody. =0D Ok, I know at least the answer to this one.
Quite a list of questions. It would be really interested to talk about at least some of them in details . But, quotes like these always come from individual experiences and are understood, excepted or not depending again on the individual experiences of readers.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby drodgers37069 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:01 am

Thanks for the welcome and it is encouraging to find a site for like minded folks willing to at least consider diverse perspectives.

First let me say that most of the previous post was composed with tongue firmly planted in cheek. The questions were intended to be a rhetorical representation of an individual experience and a thought provoking exercise to stimulate interchange. I will assume you meant accepted and not excepted.
With that said, I too am eagerly interested in exploring the use of language to accurately express the vagaries of our individual journeys. I welcome and cherish insights and direction from those further along the path who inspire and encourage.
My personal experience is all I have to offer. My opinions are fluid and mercurial at the best of times and often as you point out subject to the passing fancies and popular pressures. I tend not to trust epiphany or revelation as a way of knowing so do not attempt to present from a position of authority without benefit of confirmation.
I do enjoy interchanges that incite and encourage a thorough examination of closely held concepts and values to help me bring light and integrity to my journey. I suffer from the unenviable affliction of perpetual self deception. That however, is my heritage and hopefully not my legacy. I strive constantly to broaden my exposures, and work incessantly to bring a smile or giggle into the lives of those I have the great good fortune to pass along the path.

=0@
drodgers37069

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: God is not Great
Favorite movie: Bob Dylan
Things I like: Sarcasm and witticisms, irreverence cleverly presented, Skewering of sacred cows, fishing, golf, coffee with friends and learning,
State of Mind or Tendency: Feisty
Kudos: 1

Postby ubermensch » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 am

If you were to write the directions on how to put together tables and chairs , I am positive it would make reading those seem poetic. Very good stuff.
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Postby mirjana » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Your assumption is correct. I meant accepted. =0@
I enjoyed your explanation, both thoughts and the language used to express them.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:07 pm

drodgers37069 wrote:Nobody ever took the time to explain the whole exception to the rule idea. Now when nobody speaks, I am entirely too eager to listen.

So are we. :)
Welcome to Deep Spirits. I hope you speak of more things.

ubermensch wrote:If you were to write the directions on how to put together tables and chairs , I am positive it would make reading those seem poetic. Very good stuff.

That's a lovely compliment!
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Words & Language