WHO ARE WE:MIND, BODY OR SOUL??

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: WHO ARE WE:MIND, BODY OR SOUL??

Postby Sotwa » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:08 pm

@naveen

Permanance,
Take a tree, it is obviously not permanent, and a boulder, perhaps more solidly being, yet still not permanent.

What I can point to as permanant is the mystery itself, for now lets call this mystery by a few common labels, ill start with force, energy, or being.

The tree may be burnt but though its form is changed its being is now the grass from the ashes and the deer from the grass. But also what of my memory of the tree and how a moment spent viewing it has altered the course of my entire life.

I propose that what we are is the same as the tree, the thoughts, the wind. I said we are what does but can not be done. This beingness is the labelless one or om from which all sprouts. Have you ever had what some call intuitive knowledge, or gut feeling, dejavu, or mystical insights or dreams? Theses arise
from this beingness as the everything .

You asked of permanence, I'm trying to convey that what "is " even though it shows up in countless variety, always is. That the deep awareness we are drawing our consciousness from is also asorbing back into itself "memory " of all that it has been and is now, and uses this memory or knowledge in countless ways to be all that it is being.

The spider is not taught to spin such a marvelous web yet it does so from something deeper than knowledge, we are not always taught to seek into life and ourselves yet generation after generation go in search of their source. This "way " of what "is " some call the Tao, the way. This ever present eternal depth is the permanence you speak of. Sotwa has not died but the energy making me has died countless times across eons and universes.

There is an opposite to birth, it is death. There is no opposite to life, life passes through birth and death, we see this in people, incects , trees, and flowers. We are we are we are om. As with the word mystery or energy, om is a vocabulary pointer which aims the attention at the limitless ineffable beingness that constitutes all things and nothing.

We are indeed body and mind and spirit as in love, but what is it that IS BEING these bodies these minds these spirits, the trees and the flowers, the answer can not effectively be put into words for the meaning of words can not contain such a truth.

Ending, I will say this, it is only a pointer of words but it may help.
"You are the force of life that has come into a form with an ability of consciousness, and now this life force marvels and wonders at its own intriguing miracles. This lifeforce is the wielder of the tool called mind, and mind is a wonderful tool. But let go of using mind to do what it is not purposed for, understand the om. You are the om and all you see is what you are observing with
Sage of the way
Sotwa

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: my journal
Favorite movie: this life
Things I like: The inner of all that is, its way, the unity of the flow
State of Mind or Tendency: Magical
Kudos: 1

Postby Sotwa » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:16 pm

( sent before was done) :)

Naveen you are what you are, both as what you seem to be and what you exist as can not fathom.
What is born and dies but remains,
what is using mind to find itself,
What is now here and nowhere,
What is deeper and higher and in and as all things.

We are om. Om is mystery, mystery. Is.

Loves I know how far out this all sounds. I am nothing more than a sage, one who loves learning finding and living. But I hope this has helped. Please if need be ask me what you wish, be detailed though, as a detailed question will allow a more detailed answer. And if I don't know ill certainly seek to discover. With love
Sotwa
Sage of the way
Sotwa

Postby Naveen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:23 pm

The om, the way, the mystery- is it there? I dont know 80S
Naveen

Personality: Ambivert
Kudos: 3

Postby Naveen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:24 pm

is there something or is there nothing =0@
Naveen

Personality: Ambivert
Kudos: 3

Postby Sotwa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 pm

The way, it is like a string. You, you are like a knot in this string. The string exists with or without knots. The knots cannot exist without the string.

The om, it is like an ocean. You, you are like a wave. The oceans way is to wave, no matter what happens to a wave the ocean remains. You, like the wave have come from the ocean, are the ocean, and the ocean will remember its wave named naveen even after the wave itself has faded back into the ocean.

The way, is like the wind. You, are like a hand. When you are open you have it all, you feel it all. When you are closed and grasping to grab it, you catch nothing.

The one, is like a body. You, are like a finger with a face drawn on it. As you say I am naveen it is the body doing the talking. As you say I am one body, it is the one body telling the truth as a finger.

The om, is like water. You, are like a cube of ice in the water. You seem to be separate from your source, but you are simply the source formed into a body. You and the source are one. The ice is the water but slowed down and more solid.

The way, is like a tapestry. You, are like a portion of the single thread. You look and seem one way, the tree another way, a rock a third way, yet all is , the, way.

The om, is like the imagination . You, are like a thought. You came from mystery, you " are " mysteriously, you return to mystery, and the om remembers you forever.

The one, is like air. You, are like a house. The same air is in every house. A house with open windows has an understanding of the one living breeze, a house with closed windows is stale and the breeze wants in and the air inside seeks for the breeze. The air is like one awareness, out of the houses it is vast. A house with open windows is connected to the vast awareness. A house with closed window is still conscious from the aware air inside, but the closed windows cause the air to feel small and the house thinks and feels separate from all that is.

The way, is like light. You, are like a window. When you have much gunk on you little light shines in. When you are clear much light shines in. When you are gunky, the inner light seems small, so small. When you are clear, much light shines in and the inner light is tremendous.

We are we are we are om.
All is the way, the way is all things.
All is one appearing as many.

Seeing out of you is om. It is you're awareness. Your window is your consciousness. Your mind is a dry erase marker. You draw on the window the way you see the world. The more things you have about life , the more labels and concepts and beliefs and perspectives and thoughts the more clouded and unclear your vision. Erase all this mess off your window, and the om which is inside will flower and your window will be witness to what is as it is. The bird, she needs no concept and she looks only with the om for it is the way which looks out from her through her little window. Look at how the way has come as the tree, it does not want and yet all it needs is given. Look into the master sages eyes, see how it is not the sage looking, it is the om. Look into a mirror, see it is not Lisa or Tom or baghdy or namru looking, these are lables written on the window. It is om looking into om. See how you search for god or truth or enlightenment, it is because you have believed you are the mind self written all over the window and the stories about it. Clear away the many stories and labels and you will see you are not the name, you are the om, you are the om oh Yess I tell you truthfully! You are the one what looks but cannot be seen, the one that has but cannot be owned. We are we are we are om ........ we are om.

With truth and love service and devotion
sotwa
Sage of the way
Sotwa

Previous

Return to Spirited Debate