WHO ARE WE:MIND, BODY OR SOUL??

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: WHO ARE WE:MIND, BODY OR SOUL??

Postby blackfellawhitefella » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:51 am

:)
.ta luvvie.
.thanx for the welcome.

.right about it being my gruff manner ?

Ra.

... and can i just note ... the highlighted quote was not my construct.
relax, connect, allow.
repeat process.
blackfellawhitefella

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: the One i am allowing
Favorite movie: an australian story
Things I like: wisdom expressed
State of Mind or Tendency: Poetic
Kudos: 1

Postby sevenocram » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:11 am

Hi there bruvs.
Based on my OOBE experiences i believe that we are very mutable, mind body and soul and consciousness real work real good together in 5d , when i manage to move my consciousness to outside of my body and look to myself it doesn't match with the mirror image that im able to see when consciousness is inside my body. So i believe the the shift of consciousness sifts the body but i still can not answer witch one might be the most accurate picture of myself.
For example with psycadelics you move your consciousness to a kind of dimension were you can see the soul of people and our bodies look the same but you see auras, fairy's and aliens and that's a powerful way to realize the existence of a really complex world beyond imagination and realize that mind as believing mind real expands and allows to see things we hard to imagine.
sevenocram

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Fernado Pessoa
Favorite movie: Donnie Darko
Things I like: I get my dopamine from reading, documentaries,out of bounds thinking, playing and producing music, esoterism and body and mind workout .
State of Mind or Tendency: Magical
Kudos: 0

Postby MoonLightened » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:43 am

First of all, I'm new here and this is my first post, so if I blow etiquette, please redirect me gently.

Who are we... leads to "Who am I?" This is a very deep spiritual path. There is a famous guru, considered a true seeker, who lived in India not too far in the distant past. His name, and some of you may already be familiar with him, was Sri Ramana Maharshi. I point to this man because his path coincides so much with my own. He taught all things can be known in Silence by meditating on only 3 words... "Who am I?"

This is a path that will lead your right out of the intellect and into the realm of pure consciousness existence. He believed, as do I, that all things can be known by exploring those 3 words. It's said they eventually lead to "I am" as one becomes aware that the Self is more than just the mind/body, and "am" as one becomes aware of existence and the ego of "I" drops away.

So in summation, to provide the most accurate answer possible to the question "Who are we/who am I?" it would be Silence. It's a knowing that defies the intellect, hence words, that leaves us knowing there is no differentiation between what we perceive of as "I" and the rest of existence. We are mind, body, soul and we are not simultaneously. =0)
“Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.” — Emily Dickinson
MoonLightened

Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice
Favorite movie: varies
Things I like: I am fascinated by the mind and the Self. I'm also a freelance writer and blogger, working on my first novel. Having moved from America to India recently, I'm also enjoying learning the art of Indian cooking.
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired

Postby dermot » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Welcome to DS Moonlighened, your first post made interesting reading...i am looking forward to more!

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:44 am

Welcome to DS MoonLightened =0)
The question is actually wrong, as there are two questions within it, Who am I ?and Who is another?
I was working with both these koans and the moment of realization has been one of the most beautiful katharsis I have ever encountered .
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby zero898 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:07 am

"Our true consciousness does not exist in our brain's or our bodies. When you understand that there is a common spiritual bond with all things in the universe and that we are part of the divine intelligence, no phenomenon is unexplainable. The blank matter within the most basic building blocks of perceivable existence is malleable and molded by intent."

If you dont believe that you have no idea what you're missing

zero898

Favorite book: A Long Way Gone
Favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption
Things I like: Art (fine, street, guerilla), random acts of kindness, learning, Self improvement, enjoying the small seemingly insignificant things and moments, music, self expression
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral

Postby elephantman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Greetings to all who wrote on, who are we body, mind or soul, I have enjoyed reading this challenging questions, it truly makes my gray cells jump around looking for answers. I have also read your enlightening response to the inquiries, though I have problem understanding some, I am delighted to by part of your world and hope to grow spiritually and mentally.

My take on body, mind and soul and consciousness is that they are all one and also separate at the same time. Each is dependent on each other, if one is missing we can't say we are hole.

Let us say they are inter woven together.
elephantman

Favorite book: Jane Ayre
Favorite movie: onion field
Things I like: Books, Music, the outdoors, friends, cooking, tennis, horses,
State of Mind or Tendency: Angelic

Postby isetemankh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Peace All,

We are not the body nor the soul we are spirit. The soul is deep within the mind known as the pineal gland and the connection to our Higher Self and spiritual realm. The body is a vessel and protective garb. =0D
isetemankh

Favorite book: Sacred Books of the East
Favorite movie: Avatar Last Air Bender
Things I like: making new friends, activities with my family, reading sacred books, studying every school of thought that I can, music, swimming, my favorite like is the beach, nature, experiencing life, teaching knowledge that I obtain, love, truth, peace, freedom, justice
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy

Postby Sotwa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:15 am

Hello loves.
I say that which looks but can't be seen,
That which feels but can't be felt,
That which knows but can't be known,
That which does but can not be done,
That which seeks but can't be found,
That is what we are.

This also, we are mystery unto ourselves, we tell stories about our own mystery, but what tells the stories is like an author that has no self to know. We are the mystery, and around all, in all, as all this mystery is. As body, as mind, as spirit, but if we remove all stories and supposed knowing and delve into the recognition that we truly are mysterious, we may find the answer has been obvious all along, we are mystery.
Sage of the way
Sotwa

Favorite book: my journal
Favorite movie: this life
Things I like: The inner of all that is, its way, the unity of the flow

Postby Naveen » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:30 pm

@Sotwa: 'It' not being seen, felt, known, done or found is one situation/setting. Is there a situation/setting that is permanent?
Naveen

Kudos: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate