What you resist persists

Not just for linguists and logophiles (word lovers)
The exploring, discovering and discussing of words, language & communication from different perspectives.

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 am

Before I can change anything, REALY change it, I have to live it.

Did Randell think this??

so u must live war before you can change it..
what a question came to mind!

=0)
I'll restate it a different way. For me to affect PEACE I have to live Peace. For me to affect LOVE, I have to live love. I am very driven to this idea :)

I cannot truly affect change within myself or outside of myself, unless I live that change.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:27 am

So, let me recap and try to make sure we are all on the same page...

1. Money is energy, and it doesn't matter how it is accumulated, all that matters is the intent behind its use.

2. Although emotions are energy as well, in the case that you are resisting something negative, the simple fact that you are resisting means that the energy behind your resistance is automatically negative and therefore the intent rule of the usage of energy no longer applies.

3. So, regardless of retrospect where resistance actually affected change, since an anti-war rally is a resistance to war by attending one you are in fact creating the longevity and persistence of the war.

4. The logical conclusion would be that in order to ensure the longevity and persistence of peace we should attend anti-peace rallies.

Ah... but don't tell me that the "resistance through anti" rule only applies when it is against something negative and that although (in your opinion) resistance through anti-war demonstrations advocates more war, resistance through anti-peace demonstrations does not advocate more peace?

Randall wrote:Historical references.... well if my personal experiences dont count... that kind of stinks. LOL
Yes, well... we are referring to things that affect the majority of people.

So, in your opinion... out of LOVE you can't PEACEfully resist anything because any resistance is based upon fear and therefore it is negative and will only attract more negative. However, I don't see why resistance can't be peaceful...
Wikipedia wrote:Gandhi employed non-cooperation, non-violence and peaceful resistance as his "weapons" in the struggle against British.

Wikipedia entry on non-violent (peaceful) resistance

And on another note, I am wondering just how your "Deep Spirit Quote" comes into play...
Randall wrote:Fear is the root of all that people have called evil, negative or bad. It's at the core of every anger, mistrust, hatred, deceit… and its still LOVE. ...

80| =0o =0X
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby Sabina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Randall wrote:Historical references.... well if my personal experiences dont count... that kind of stinks. LOL

My personal experiences are what I've built myself from =0/

They are real to me.

Randall,

Personal references are great for any kind of personal problems and they are most welcome. Especially when they are truly personal, and not just stories about other people. Of course they are real to you and nobody doubts that.
However, when it comes to change on a large scale, then we can only look at history and see how change has been made on a larger level. What worked... that's why the question for historical references in this particular talk, because it is about something very large and not just personal.
I hope this helps.

Randall wrote:I'll restate it a different way. For me to affect PEACE I have to live Peace. For me to affect LOVE, I have to live love. I am very driven to this idea :)

I cannot truly affect change within myself or outside of myself, unless I live that change.

That's what we are talking about here Randall... an active approach to your environment, and not only yourself. Spirituality is not about focusing only on yourself, unless you live secluded somewhere on some secluded planet - which you obviously don't.
Living peace doesn't mean ignoring war!

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby GenerousGeorge » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:03 pm

The idea that the United States is trying to occupy the world is simplistic and not true. =0o 80S
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 pm

I am very interested in hearing more... I have presented you a map displaying the number of countries they currently occupy.

Oh... let me clarify... when I say "occupy" I do not mean "Belligerent military occupation" I am just referring to them having their military bases and/or troops there. Like you are occupying a chair when you sit down in it.
Ryan

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Ryan, you've done an excellent job at not listening again. But I'm hearing you.

Sabina,
That's what we are talking about here Randall... an active approach to your environment, and not only yourself. Spirituality is not about focusing only on yourself, unless you live secluded somewhere on some secluded planet - which you obviously don't.
Living peace doesn't mean ignoring war!

I never implied I ignore war, not once.
I also never implied that I dont have an active environmental approach. If I live a thing, doesn't that affect everyone in my environment?
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Kudos: 17

Postby mirjana » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Randall, first I answer to your story about the girl as this inspired my whole further answer to all here to explain the best I can my opinion about the whole one more time.
Your story about the girl and her feelings of Love toward her enemies is inspiring story and I understand the impact that such experience can have on you or anybody else who it has touched. I also have similar experiences in my praxis that has always inspired me enormously to stay on my Life Path, which has always been Love by choice.

Personally I have been working on myself and I shall continue doing this until the end of my life in this reality. I know that is my contribution on the personal level to contribute to the change of consciousness.
I also try my best to help other people when they need it to do the same, which is to become aware that Love as emotion should be our driving force that changes us personally within and influencing by this change the surrounding too. I am the one who has been talking here and in private life about the waves of such influence and that the last wave, even if very weak is still an influence.
But the same time other forces do the same and those waves, destructive and destroying, are spreading faster. I am not standing for violence, but for showing that I see what is wrong and for pointing the way what is right. Demonstration is anyhow the way to show another way. It is not important if it is for or against, in both cases it is pointing the way what is wrong. The logical need of everybody who points the way what is wrong is to show it so that the change happens, not just to play with it.
When I was a student, there were demonstrations in my country. Although peaceful, they were against certain things we wanted to change. And we changed them. After that for many generations of labors and students the life conditions were much better.
When the critical mass would show the voice against the wars, the change would also occur, obviously faster than the way it can be achieved just by saying we want peace. When we are hungry, we want to eat and get something to eat. We do not stay only by wish; we do something about it in order not to be hungry any more.
Time Machine is full of rebellious people who made us to live like we live today. Without them it wouldn’t have been possible. And all the time the line of those who were contributing to the change of the consciousness is also there. That is why it grows. But without others who did something concrete to make all those changes, it wouldn’t be possible.
I am not telling to start new wars in order to stop those already blossoming, but to say clearly whenever the chance occurs that this what is happening is not my choice and that I am against that. This is how I understand personal responsibility in the quote:
“I am responsible not only for that what I do, but for that what I do not do as well”.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Randall wrote:Ryan, you've done an excellent job at not listening again. But I'm hearing you.

It has been explained to me that the idea behind the Randall and Ryan is to clear up such matters because they are not on topic at all... So, I have addressed this there...
Ryan

Re: Do not resist

Postby alija » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi,

I would like to share with you my first last night’s dream; very symbolic one.

I remember only the end, and it goes so: We, I and another person with me but not my wife who is in the most of my dreams present, are preparing for an attack on the lorry with some enemy who is coming, soon expected from the second street left. We are in the first parallel street and one bus is blocking entrance toward us. Just before expected lorry arrival from the other side of the bus I saw the head of Kevin Klein, actor who looked in our direction and turned back without any change on his face.

Expected lorry with enemies is entering the street direction bus and I have my hands and pockets full of bombes and in a last moment I noticed these are not bombes but sandwiches with eggs and cheese in nice rolls. In the moment I started throwing my first two bombs-sandwiches on the lorry I noticed and saw in my imagination missing machine gun on my chest, I have forgotten it, thought came through my head.
By throwing sandwiches-bombes on the enemy I saw the image enemy in the lorry disappearing. No explosions, no blood, no their reactions, just they started disappearing.
In one moment I thought they could catch the bombs and through them back, but miracle happened, throwing sandwiches on my enemy they all disappeared, they got disintegrated in the lorry without traces.

More clear message I couldn’t get.
I went to the toilet, continue sleeping knowing another dream is waiting for me, but for at least 20 minutes I couldn’t fall asleep, and two hours later alarm woke me up and I had another dream, very interesting but not for this topic.
Namasthe
Alija
alija

Kudos: 0

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:57 am

Fighting for peace is like *ucking for virignity. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! 80S =0o 80S
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19