What you resist persists

Not just for linguists and logophiles (word lovers)
The exploring, discovering and discussing of words, language & communication from different perspectives.

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 am

1. (noun) sharing
using or enjoying something jointly with others

2. (noun) sharing
having in common
"the sharing of electrons creates molecules"

3. (noun) communion, sharing
sharing thoughts and feelings

4. (adj) sharing, share-out
a distribution in shares

5. (adj) sharing
unselfishly willing to share with others
"a warm and sharing friend"
Communication with negative connotations is arguing to me. Words that express belittlement or dissatisfaction with another.
Maybe its from my own personal experience that arguing means that to me… it always feels “YUCK” to me.
I try to communicate through an act of sharing. I’m not always successful but that is my aim.

Thank you for your explanation of what it means to you Ryan. ;0)

There is a woman I hold very very dear to me that has been harmed repeatedly by others in all manner of terrible ways. Not on one account, but repeatedly during the first half of her life. The end of it came when she confronted the one that would do her harm and looked at them with tears in her eyes and said, "You are much bigger than I am, you can do this thing, I can't stop you, but you cannot stop me from loving you and you cannot hurt my soul." She relaxed and didnt struggle against them.

That took more courage than anything I can possibly imagine. Know what else.. the person that came to hurt her left. It never happened again to her from anyone.

I can give more examples of the power within this understanding... :) maybe fifty or so.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby Sabina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:44 am

alija wrote:I would like so much to see with you, together movie "Across the Universe" and everything would be explained.
Just to talk, speak, write, is it your intention, or maybe to go to demonstrate your unhappiness?

The Vietnam War?
That is what Across the Universe is about... that period in time and everything revolving around it, including demonstrations which actually helped end the war.
Thank you for reminding me of this movie. Here are a few clips.

alija wrote:Once you go this way, either you have to go until the end or it is pure entertainment and calming down of own consciousness.

As for a clear conscience, you are just projecting. B0)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Sabina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:58 am

Randall wrote:Maybe its from my own personal experience that arguing means that to me… it always feels “YUCK” to me.
I try to communicate through an act of sharing. I’m not always successful but that is my aim.

Hm... arguments can be yuck.. many things can be bad, meaning they have the potential to become that, it doesn't mean they are by default.
As for sharing... we are all here to share, but also to listen, to offer what we have learned as well as learn from each other. If you say you only want to share it sounds a little bit like you are here to preach? That can't be right... I am only guessing here of course.

Randall wrote:I can give more examples of the power within this understanding... :) maybe fifty or so.

I just thought I'd point out that the question was about historical (not personal) examples. ;0)

Sabina
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 am

TY Sabina :)

No I dont intend to preach.. but if I get up on my high horse and you feel like I am... let me know ;0)

Historical references.... well if my personal experiences dont count... that kind of stinks. LOL

My personal experiences are what I've built myself from =0/

They are real to me.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby Alvino » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:50 am

Before I can change anything, REALY change it, I have to live it.

Did Randell think this??

so u must live war before you can change it..
what a question came to mind!

There is nothing certain in life, except death and taxes.. can we add war?

You folks, this includes almost all of usa citizens have changed the war
in Afghan... it is now 82 percent a LETS MAKE FRIEND job =
killing has ALMOST ENDED due to peace rallies or lots of input
from CITIZENS on the streets of Afghan and ENGLAND AND USA streets.
I think we are making headway toward ending the Killing part of War.
WAY TO GO, AMERICAN CITIZENS AND WORLD CITIZENS

And Iraq is no longer a real war = it is LET THE IRAQUIES
fight among themselves job.
\ i wonder what will happen in Irag after we achieve the JOB
of leaving and letting them Fight among themselves??
Getting American troops out of there, I am certain will
END ALL war type fighting in ANCIENT IRAQ.

PEACE CAME TO VIETNAM AFTER we left. folks, so you
are on the right track = by pulling back troops and bases
by us AMERICANS === PEACE WILL come to the nations
we move out of = like PEACE CAME TO VIETNAM.

This DS group effort will help the world some or a lot.
Alvino

State of Mind or Tendency: Angelic
Kudos: 6

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 am

Before I can change anything, REALY change it, I have to live it.

Did Randell think this??

so u must live war before you can change it..
what a question came to mind!

=0)
I'll restate it a different way. For me to affect PEACE I have to live Peace. For me to affect LOVE, I have to live love. I am very driven to this idea :)

I cannot truly affect change within myself or outside of myself, unless I live that change.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:27 am

So, let me recap and try to make sure we are all on the same page...

1. Money is energy, and it doesn't matter how it is accumulated, all that matters is the intent behind its use.

2. Although emotions are energy as well, in the case that you are resisting something negative, the simple fact that you are resisting means that the energy behind your resistance is automatically negative and therefore the intent rule of the usage of energy no longer applies.

3. So, regardless of retrospect where resistance actually affected change, since an anti-war rally is a resistance to war by attending one you are in fact creating the longevity and persistence of the war.

4. The logical conclusion would be that in order to ensure the longevity and persistence of peace we should attend anti-peace rallies.

Ah... but don't tell me that the "resistance through anti" rule only applies when it is against something negative and that although (in your opinion) resistance through anti-war demonstrations advocates more war, resistance through anti-peace demonstrations does not advocate more peace?

Randall wrote:Historical references.... well if my personal experiences dont count... that kind of stinks. LOL
Yes, well... we are referring to things that affect the majority of people.

So, in your opinion... out of LOVE you can't PEACEfully resist anything because any resistance is based upon fear and therefore it is negative and will only attract more negative. However, I don't see why resistance can't be peaceful...
Wikipedia wrote:Gandhi employed non-cooperation, non-violence and peaceful resistance as his "weapons" in the struggle against British.

Wikipedia entry on non-violent (peaceful) resistance

And on another note, I am wondering just how your "Deep Spirit Quote" comes into play...
Randall wrote:Fear is the root of all that people have called evil, negative or bad. It's at the core of every anger, mistrust, hatred, deceit… and its still LOVE. ...

80| =0o =0X
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby Sabina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Randall wrote:Historical references.... well if my personal experiences dont count... that kind of stinks. LOL

My personal experiences are what I've built myself from =0/

They are real to me.

Randall,

Personal references are great for any kind of personal problems and they are most welcome. Especially when they are truly personal, and not just stories about other people. Of course they are real to you and nobody doubts that.
However, when it comes to change on a large scale, then we can only look at history and see how change has been made on a larger level. What worked... that's why the question for historical references in this particular talk, because it is about something very large and not just personal.
I hope this helps.

Randall wrote:I'll restate it a different way. For me to affect PEACE I have to live Peace. For me to affect LOVE, I have to live love. I am very driven to this idea :)

I cannot truly affect change within myself or outside of myself, unless I live that change.

That's what we are talking about here Randall... an active approach to your environment, and not only yourself. Spirituality is not about focusing only on yourself, unless you live secluded somewhere on some secluded planet - which you obviously don't.
Living peace doesn't mean ignoring war!

Sabina
Sabina

Postby GenerousGeorge » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:03 pm

The idea that the United States is trying to occupy the world is simplistic and not true. =0o 80S
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 pm

I am very interested in hearing more... I have presented you a map displaying the number of countries they currently occupy.

Oh... let me clarify... when I say "occupy" I do not mean "Belligerent military occupation" I am just referring to them having their military bases and/or troops there. Like you are occupying a chair when you sit down in it.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

PreviousNext

Return to Words & Language