What you resist persists

Not just for linguists and logophiles (word lovers)
The exploring, discovering and discussing of words, language & communication from different perspectives.

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:46 am

Randall wrote::) it was never an argument.. just how I see things.


Dictionary.com wrote:ar·gu·ment –noun
    1.an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation.
    2.a discussion involving differing points of view; debate: They were deeply involved in an argument about inflation.
    3.a process of reasoning; series of reasons: I couldn't follow his argument.
    4.a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point: This is a strong argument in favor of her theory.
    5.an address or composition intended to convince or persuade; persuasive discourse.
    6.subject matter; theme: The central argument of his paper was presented clearly.
    7.an abstract or summary of the major points in a work of prose or poetry, or of sections of such a work.


It was your argument and there is nothing wrong with it being your argument. An argument isn't a negative thing...
=0/
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
User avatar
Ryan
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:54 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

March 20th

Postby Sabina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:46 am

Just a little bit of information about current events, organized by people who have been there, seen all the wrong that is done and are therefore trying to change things.


And while they are the ones demonstrating, millions of others are considering whether is is energetically correct to go to something that is called an anti-war rally.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
User avatar
Sabina
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:11 am
Location: Vienna, Austria
Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: What you resist persists

Postby alija » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:53 am

mirjana wrote:I know for the approach of Mother Theresa and how this correlate to the Law of Attraction. But, we have a very interesting phenomenon here.
Let’s look our words we use for this what we are talking about:
“Protest expresses relatively overt reaction to events or situations: sometimes in favor, though more often opposed.” Wikipedia
“Demonstartion is a public display of group opinion.” Wikipedia
::::::::::::::.
Wars beget more wars (meaning they will grow)
Unhappy people begets more unhappy people (it will be more of them)
Ignorant people begets more ignorant people (more possibilities for powerful to do what they want)
I wouldn’t like to contribute to the world like that and leave it to my kids to live in it.


I really do not understand you, at all. This is not correct interpretation of laws you are talking about, or I am not in my best shape. What Fibinacci’s numbers have to do with this subject I would like, please, you explain me.
In nature everything is in balance. Entropy an ectropy are always in balance but this law is so unperceivable for us from our so limited circles. I believe it is so, just by my intuition.

I’d like to remind you about Kurd Goedel’s theorem back from 1931 sais "Anything you can draw a circle around cannot explain itself without referring to something outside the circle-something you have to assume but cannot prove". We, humanity, we live in one of such circles.”
This thought is much, much, much above any Einstein’s or any other scientist’s thoughts.
If we understand this thought we have chance to start grasping step by step who we really are and what do we know and at the end, or first thing to ask ourselves whose game do we play, with whose music we dance.

I didn’t know Mirjana you are at home acting violently to the violence. Oh yes, I remember how many times you have bitten you kids when they were aggressive toward each other.

I would like very much you explain me in which context you see this:
“We are not responsible only for that we do, but for that we do not do, as well”

And at the end, I would like to ask you all pro action to tell me how do you see this terror can be stopped?
What would we get if China, Europe, Russia cooperate, unify and say no to USA, we are not going to tolerate your behavior any longer?
Obviously the rest of the world is not able to create sufficiently serious opposition to the USA and they chose inward work at home in their countries and little outside with permission of the USA. Why don’t you understand this is the best thing what could happen to the world. This USA superiority has enabled peace in bigger part of the world. When there is no more opposition there is no more need for the war.

Very soon they will control the entire world, have their bases all around world, and what. They need us.

We are already creating new dichotomy “spirituality vs. force”. New world power is Spirituality which is not possible to be defeated being spread all around world. Even their soldiers are soon going to be infected by this powerful energy.
Go inward is the only advice, find your peace and forget word war, politic and similar stuff on this forum.
Minus kudos are not allowed even before getting positive one, =0D
but if you want me to stop coming here give me one kudos “+”, or invite me as your friend like on some forums do.
Namasthe and Love
alija
User avatar
alija
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:40 pm
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

The question

Postby mirjana » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:03 am

If we stand for the demonstrations for peace, we are abstract and those who lead wars do not have any reason to change anything as nobody points the reason for it.
If changing the level of consciousness to the critical mass will change things, what I have also thought, then we confront the facts that show different results. Those who are working in the direction of changing the level of consciousness(including myself) are less efficient than those who are progressing in leading wars, which is evident according to the results and further spreading of that (war) energy.
Imperialistic system is like a rolling stone. It is not easy to stop. Rolling stone cannot be stopped by the small stone, not only because it is small, but because it is passive and therefore weak in comparison to the other which has the advantage of inertia and awareness of having it.
Flood can be stopped with barriers or not at all. Both are choices and have adequate results.
I would put us all the question:
If our home and kids would be attacked/violated, would you/me/any of us start contemplating about the reason why it happened , peacefully praying , starting changing something within self or would you try to defend your family, home, dignity, integrity...?

Mirjana
User avatar
mirjana
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:09 pm
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: What you resist persists

Postby alija » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 am

Sabina wrote:Dear Alija,

As for inward work... ignorance does not mean working on oneself. Speaking out against something doesn't exclude you from working on yourself, nor does it mean you are not a pacifist.
That is all I have tried to explain, in a nutshell.

Sabina


I would like so much to see with you, together movie "Across the Universe" and everything would be explained.
Just to talk, speak, write, is it your intention, or maybe to go to demonstrate your unhappiness?Once you go this way, either you have to go until the end or it is pure entertainment and calming down of own consciousness.
Try to ask yourself why it was just me who was crying during watching this movie.
I wish you very much success in expressing your disagreement with the USA policy.
Namasthe and Ljubav
alija
User avatar
alija
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:40 pm
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 am

1. (noun) sharing
using or enjoying something jointly with others

2. (noun) sharing
having in common
"the sharing of electrons creates molecules"

3. (noun) communion, sharing
sharing thoughts and feelings

4. (adj) sharing, share-out
a distribution in shares

5. (adj) sharing
unselfishly willing to share with others
"a warm and sharing friend"
Communication with negative connotations is arguing to me. Words that express belittlement or dissatisfaction with another.
Maybe its from my own personal experience that arguing means that to me… it always feels “YUCK” to me.
I try to communicate through an act of sharing. I’m not always successful but that is my aim.

Thank you for your explanation of what it means to you Ryan. ;0)

There is a woman I hold very very dear to me that has been harmed repeatedly by others in all manner of terrible ways. Not on one account, but repeatedly during the first half of her life. The end of it came when she confronted the one that would do her harm and looked at them with tears in her eyes and said, "You are much bigger than I am, you can do this thing, I can't stop you, but you cannot stop me from loving you and you cannot hurt my soul." She relaxed and didnt struggle against them.

That took more courage than anything I can possibly imagine. Know what else.. the person that came to hurt her left. It never happened again to her from anyone.

I can give more examples of the power within this understanding... :) maybe fifty or so.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
User avatar
Randall
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:08 pm
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Sabina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:44 am

alija wrote:I would like so much to see with you, together movie "Across the Universe" and everything would be explained.
Just to talk, speak, write, is it your intention, or maybe to go to demonstrate your unhappiness?

The Vietnam War?
That is what Across the Universe is about... that period in time and everything revolving around it, including demonstrations which actually helped end the war.
Thank you for reminding me of this movie. Here are a few clips.






alija wrote:Once you go this way, either you have to go until the end or it is pure entertainment and calming down of own consciousness.

As for a clear conscience, you are just projecting. B0)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
User avatar
Sabina
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:11 am
Location: Vienna, Austria
Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Sabina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:58 am

Randall wrote:Maybe its from my own personal experience that arguing means that to me… it always feels “YUCK” to me.
I try to communicate through an act of sharing. I’m not always successful but that is my aim.

Hm... arguments can be yuck.. many things can be bad, meaning they have the potential to become that, it doesn't mean they are by default.
As for sharing... we are all here to share, but also to listen, to offer what we have learned as well as learn from each other. If you say you only want to share it sounds a little bit like you are here to preach? That can't be right... I am only guessing here of course.

Randall wrote:I can give more examples of the power within this understanding... :) maybe fifty or so.

I just thought I'd point out that the question was about historical (not personal) examples. ;0)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
User avatar
Sabina
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:11 am
Location: Vienna, Austria
Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 am

TY Sabina :)

No I dont intend to preach.. but if I get up on my high horse and you feel like I am... let me know ;0)

Historical references.... well if my personal experiences dont count... that kind of stinks. LOL

My personal experiences are what I've built myself from =0/

They are real to me.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
User avatar
Randall
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:08 pm
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Alvino » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:50 am

Before I can change anything, REALY change it, I have to live it.

Did Randell think this??

so u must live war before you can change it..
what a question came to mind!

There is nothing certain in life, except death and taxes.. can we add war?

You folks, this includes almost all of usa citizens have changed the war
in Afghan... it is now 82 percent a LETS MAKE FRIEND job =
killing has ALMOST ENDED due to peace rallies or lots of input
from CITIZENS on the streets of Afghan and ENGLAND AND USA streets.
I think we are making headway toward ending the Killing part of War.
WAY TO GO, AMERICAN CITIZENS AND WORLD CITIZENS

And Iraq is no longer a real war = it is LET THE IRAQUIES
fight among themselves job.
\ i wonder what will happen in Irag after we achieve the JOB
of leaving and letting them Fight among themselves??
Getting American troops out of there, I am certain will
END ALL war type fighting in ANCIENT IRAQ.

PEACE CAME TO VIETNAM AFTER we left. folks, so you
are on the right track = by pulling back troops and bases
by us AMERICANS === PEACE WILL come to the nations
we move out of = like PEACE CAME TO VIETNAM.

This DS group effort will help the world some or a lot.
Alvino
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 pm
Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Angelic
Kudos: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Words & Language

Who is online

Registered users: No registered users

cron
StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Yahoo Google Live Facebook Twitter MySpace