What you resist persists

Not just for linguists and logophiles (word lovers)
The exploring, discovering and discussing of words, language & communication from different perspectives.

Re: What you resist persists

Postby Randall » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 pm

:) I can Ryan... but I'll start with one ;)

Several years ago, I had the privilege of meeting a young girl in her early twenties. She was so full of love and light and happiness that it radiated from her. She was blind and had been blind since she was 14 mo. Old. Her childhood could be called a horror story but she chose to call it a blessing of Gods love.

When she was 2 months old, her mother died. Her father had been a "good" man till this time. The death of his wife and the prospect of raising an infant girl alone was more than he could handle. Her father started drinking heavily and lost himself in his pain.

At fourteen months old, her father in a fit of rage shook her violently, causing her blindness. Her father, after realizing what he had done became immersed with guilt and tried to commit suicide.

Social services stepped in to her life then, and she spent the next 16 years in and out of foster homes. During this time she was sexually and emotionally abused to a degree it’s hard to fathom. When I asked her how she came to find such peace and love coming from such a terrible environment, she told me that she was given a gift that no one she had ever met had.

While she couldn't see with her eyes, she could see with her heart and what she saw was the beauty of God's love in everything. From the grass we sat on, to the people that passed by, she saw His love. I wish I had a tape recorder with me to record how she described what she saw in people. Needless to say, I was in awe. She didn't want any one to feel sorry for her, she felt sorry for us!

She came to an understanding of love that few will ever know because of how she chose to see "evil".. as LOVE. She loved the gift her father and mother gave her. With out them she would never have the gifts she now possess.

There are many, many lessons within this one story for me...
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 pm

I don't get it, I am sorry... What was it she was supposed to have resisted?
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby mirjana » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm

I know for the approach of Mother Theresa and how this correlate to the Law of Attraction. But, we have a very interesting phenomenon here.
Let’s look our words we use for this what we are talking about:
“Protest expresses relatively overt reaction to events or situations: sometimes in favor, though more often opposed.” Wikipedia
“Demonstartion is a public display of group opinion.” Wikipedia
“Fear begets more fear...
Anger begets more anger...
Hate begets more hate...”
It is clear then that both will attract more of each if applied.
Protests beget protests…
Demonstration begets more demonstration…
But if you continue this progression, then it is also:
Wars beget more wars (meaning they will grow)
Unhappy people begets more unhappy people (it will be more of them)
Ignorant people begets more ignorant people (more possibilities for powerful to do what they want)
I wouldn’t like to contribute to the world like that and leave it to my kids to live in it.
So, somebody powerful who needs to rule the world, knows how to do it and even better to employ innocent people to become the tools just by turning their heads about certain things so that those things become their weakness instead being their strength.
If you then apply The Law Fibonacci numbers, which is The Law of progression, we have that what we have.
When something happens in my home like kind of violence or something like that, nobody but me can solve it. My close friends and family can tell me, as they could see things differently from the distance than me, being in the middle, that I should change something before it is too late. I can change things and changing things is not always changing me. Sometimes it is changing partner, job, town…Or I can ignore what I hear and stay although threatened by the violence and then lose my life or life of somebody close to me. If I had stopped, nothing bad would happen because I saw things clearly and behaved appropriable. If I would stay and not change things I would be personally responsible for the bad result.
I tried to explain that in my first answer when telling that the one who doesn’t react because it seems not to be personal problem, always comes to realization when it comes to Her/his door, but it is too late then.
There is a very good spiritual quote:
“We are not responsible only for that we do, but for that we do not do, as well”.
Last edited by mirjana on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Randall » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Ryan what I had said to start off was what we resist persists.... my stand on this is that when we dont resist we can change... this story is an example of how you can change things dramatically in a possitive way by not reacting to a need to resist.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:50 pm

I am sorry, but if anything this story shows how the girl resisted all the attempts in her life on making her a victim, both fearful and angry at her surroundings.

As a means to not pull attention from Mirjana's post please make sure to read it as well.
Ryan

Postby alija » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Randall wrote:
I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there.

Mother Teresa - War - Peace

It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start

Fear begets more fear...
Anger begets more anger...
Hate begets more hate...

I agree 250% with you. Pacifism in all field is the only solution, imo.
However, I wouldn't support this anti-war energy on this so beautiful forum. If you turn into this field you are in their game, in the game they control.
In any case they control the whole world. All world leaders are going to US presidents just like Muslims to the Mecca. If China and Russia do not do anything against them, they must be very, very military superior, so what is the purpose of anti-war demonstration.
Why to lose the energy for nothing instead of creating alternative energies, positive energies, developing human consciousness, awareness, non-resistance and showing the others ways toward the Flow, natural Flow.

And, before we start to think about anything of this kind we should ask ourselves what do we know about it. All information we have is what they gave us, what they find as very important for us to know and to be in their games. We watched some movies about corporation and they show us how much in advance they plan some brain washing programs; in the mother wombs. Yes, today’s children are prepared already in the fetus phase for their games, so let them be.

We have no slightest insights what will be within few days, years or what would be if you succeed in you anti-war campaign.
I chose non-resistance, pacifism, and they may call me ignorant, coward or whatever you like. I know since my childhood pacifism is solution, and later I discovered the inward search as the only one acceptable for me.
Namasthe and Love
alija
<3 =0X
alija

Kudos: 0

Postby Sabina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:00 am

Dear Alija,

I believe I speak for all of us here when I say we are all pacifists... this isn't about being a pacifist or not. Just to address that particular part of your reply.

As for inward work... ignorance does not mean working on oneself. Speaking out against something doesn't exclude you from working on yourself, nor does it mean you are not a pacifist.
That is all I have tried to explain, in a nutshell.

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:09 am

Perhaps where we arent connecting is the idea of resistance. Resistance is to push away and the emotional energy that pushes are negative emotions, fear, anger etc. Possitive emotions actually do the opposite... they accept and bring into.

This girl in my story chose to accept these terrible events in her life and transmute them into something incredibly powerful.

When I push... I get pushed back..
When I accept and bring things into me ... I can change it.

I can't change anyone... I don't have the power or ability... we can only change ourselves.

I'm not saying you should do nothing... I'm saying that for me at least... the most impact I can bring to anything is to follow my heart and not my fears.

When we spend our energy focusing on a negative situation we give that negative situation energy. When we spend our energy focusing on making things a possitive situation we give it a possitive energy.

Doing something is not to react .... but simply act.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:31 am

Ok, well I don't know about your pushing energy, but mine is always positive. =0)
I have very few fears because I have spent my life getting rid of my fears.

I am sorry but what kicked this all off is you saying that money is just energy... so are emotions. If you stand by your initial argument then
Randall wrote:What you do with it determines its value, its worth. It can be used for all kinds of things...

So in that sense you can go to an anti-war rally, regardless of what it is called (anti-war, pro-peace, etc), because its positive intent is all that matters.
Ryan

Postby Randall » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:37 am

I am sorry but what kicked this all off is you saying that money is just energy... so are emotions. If you stand by your initial argument then
Randall wrote:
What you do with it determines its value, its worth. It can be used for all kinds of things...

So in that sense you can go to an anti-war rally, regardless of what it is called (anti-war, pro-peace, etc), because its positive intent is all that matters.

:) it was never an argument.. just how I see things. And ya, I can go to anything and the only thing that matters is my intent... what I do with the energy. I can go to a church or I can go to a brothel.. What I do with the energy is what gives it its value... negative or positive.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

PreviousNext

Return to Words & Language