What we do shows who we are

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: What we do shows who we are

Postby Sabina » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 am

No, not if they "fake" it... I think that is what we eventually came to clarify. The intention behind the doing is most important.

If you want to be loving, you should behave loving. Start immediately and be consequent.
Then you will become loving.

If you want to only trick someone for your personal gain, then behaving a certain way will not make you become a better person in any way.

The intention behind the deed defines the outcome.

Randall, nice paraphrasing there.. :)
But... as for IBM, that's a little oversimplified. They became large because they didn't care who they sell what to. Success was all that mattered.
Did you watch the movie "The Corporation"?

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: What we do shows who we are

Postby Randall » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:22 pm

No Sabina, I've not seen that one. Back in the early 70's my brother was recruited by IBM. Back then they did a lot of recruiting of teachers and I remember my brother going on and on about how incredible the company was. He was impressed with the way they treated their employees and the business model they employed. After five years working in the field they sent him back to school to get his doctorate in Hospital Administration and he headed some teams that worked closely with large hospitals to provide them with more seem-less operating systems. :) Thats my limited exposer to IBM.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Previous

Return to Spirited Debate