Page 1 of 2

What is your music?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:01 pm
by mirjana
In the topic dedicated to Hans Zimmer, The Incredible Hans Zimmer, there is his quote:

"If something happened where I couldn't write music anymore, it would kill me. It's not just a job. It's not just a hobby. It's why I get up in the morning."

~Hans Zimmer

It inspired me to ask myself and you as well, how would you rewrite this quote?
What motivates you to get up in the morning?

Re: What is your music?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:59 pm
by Ryan
My life...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:18 pm
by Daywhite
I think it is often as simple as Ryan states, and maybe by necessity must be. Poet Lord Byron once wrote in a letter to Thomas Moore,

I can never get people to understand that poetry is the expression of excited passion, and that there is no such thing as a life of passion any more than a continuous earthquake, or an eternal fever. Besides, who would ever shave themselves in such a state?
Lord Byron, in a letter to Thomas Moore, 5 July 1821

I think we each have certain things we feel define us and push us forward, especially those with an interest in joining a site like Deep Spirits. Simply saying many who have an interest in such sites are curious and aware of the questions they asks, of themselves and life around them.

For me, the answer to this question would change from day to day, perhaps. Often a simple curiousity in what may the day bring. Sometimes I may be excited about something I'm creating, and other times it may be something as simple as seeing certain people. I may look forward to enjoying the feel of the sun on my face, or the sound of the rain on the roof.

As I said, it changes day to day, and, for me, that's quite nice.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:07 pm
by dermot
What gets me up in the morning....is habit!

its a bad habit, and someday i hope to conquor it and remain semi comatose until i spin off this mortal coil.

I can think of a plethora of reasons to fall/crawl into the scratcher whilst needing only one.

Getting out of it is a battle each morning, a mental battle in which i combat endless cycles of bargaining using mainly lateral thinking, or indeed any time wasting ruse i can think of.
This descends further into a physical battle with myself, which can involve bruising, and general bad behaviour.
Getting out of it.......with the sole intention of getting back in, can leave a smile on my face for ages.

In a previous life, i believe the 'fat lady' came and sang for me, now thats done and this life contains only endless struggle and humiliation , and a bleary eyed fondness for whats already been and gone.

The end.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:20 am
by IsonaliAki
Ya know I really had a hard time with this question. Mainly because there are a lot of mornings that I'm not entirely sure why I get out of bed in the mornings. Ultimately, though, good and bad the reason I end up pulling myself to my feet is my family.

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the personal revelation. There's a part of me that thinks there is truly no better reason to want to exist than to do so for your loved ones, but at the same time, I would rather like to have something more personal that is just as inspiring.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 pm
by theadvertheretic
METAL!

*rolls a joint and lights it*

Maybe, Reggae, Dub and Dubsteps too. ;0)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:30 am
by kai
My motivation for getting up: the fact that I have woken up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:30 am
by Agate
What motivates me to get out of bed in the morning?

One word: COFFEE!

Now, to answer the question in the spirit it's meant...my writing. There have been times when I was very heavily medicated. The upside of those times was stability; my moods did not swing with dangerous drama. But the drugs left me feeling dull and stupid, like a cat shorn of its whiskers.

Screw that. My body may breathe, but that's not living.

Writing, the words I use to create the worlds I live in, that's my lifeblood.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:49 pm
by Sabina
"Every morning upon awakening, I experience a supreme pleasure: that of being Salvador Dali, and I ask myself, wonderstruck, what prodigious thing will he do today, this Salvador Dali."
~ Salvador Dali

Same here, except that I experience the supreme pleasure of being Sabina Nore, and I ask myself, what marvelous things she will do today, this Sabina Nore.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 am
by peaceandlovegirl
My motivation is probably the fact that I have a whole life left to live. I have a lot of hope and a whole lot of enthusiasm for life that I have lacked in the past. Also I have a deep need to learn. I want to learn about everything I possible can while I am still on this earth. I have an extreme thirst for knowledge and I know that another day is another opportunity to learn something new. =0@