What is reality, what is illusion?

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Re: What is reality, what is illusion?

Postby mirjana » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:51 pm

GenerousGeorge wrote: Mirjana, if show business does indeed grow to the threat level of religion, I will hop on board, however that is certainly not the case now and I am not going to empty my firehose on that grass fire.

You see, just this little sentence is a good example that the understanding of that what was said is missing. My point was, and everything I said was in that direction, that whatever starts wrong, can only grows worse. I took an example of Christianity because of you, as religion and Christianity is your theme where you are not willing to put the things under the carpet. But, it is not only about religion. That was my point. Whatever is wrong deserves to be named with such a name at least when people talk about it. If we close our eyes by talking, there is no chance to act in time. You say that you will jump when it happened. Me, I prefer to prevent things when I am aware that they are wrong rather than to cure effects. That was my point. Girls are transformed into the goods or merchandise in the show business, more and more. This is the tendency. I do not think that we can change things over night. But, I am not ready to play an ignorant person like something does not exist because it is not my personal problem. It does exist. There are people who make money based on that, who make money based on twisted values they previously managed to suggest because people like we haven't reacted. Because, the smallest wave when started will in one moment provoke some change.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby mirjana » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 pm

These are two more interesting perspectives about reality and illusion, from the point of view of Matrix and great philosophers Kant and Descartes:

Matrix and Descartes

Matrix and Kant
mirjana

Postby GenerousGeorge » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:20 am

I understand Mirjana......I really understand the principle of an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". =0/ I understand that the ethics of show business and the perceived injustice of the judges comments are perceived as worthy of taking significant action to correct by you and Ryan and Sabina.

In this case I personnaly did not think the judges comments or the American Idol Show represented something that if not stopped by me, would grow into a much greater evil or injustice. We just have different views on that. IF I perceived a threat to moral and right behaviour even 1/100th as serious as Hitler, that would be a different case. I did not accuse you of attacking me or my character because you disagreed with me. (as it appears some are doing to me) We just both viewed the whole thing very, very differently.

What doesn't seem to being communicated very well (by me at least) is that while I find some part of big time business (including Show Business) as not particularly healthy or attractive to me, I just was not moved that way in this case. For me it was not so aborrent that I needed to go to any legths to stop it.

I was just stating my difference of opinion on that and what kind of viewpoint I perceived that difference might have come from. I WAS NOT ATTACKING ANYONE, or accusing anyone of having character defects that needed to be fixed.
Last edited by GenerousGeorge on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Postby Sabina » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:24 am

Mirjana wrote:These are two more interesting perspectives about reality and illusion, from the point of view of Matrix and great philosophers Kant and Descartes...

Sweet! <3
A while ago I remembered the documentary about the Matrix movies and wanted to at least put pieces from it somewhere and you found the perfect spot for these two!

*KISS*
Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby GenerousGeorge » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:28 am

I look forward to listening to them. :)
GenerousGeorge

Postby mirjana » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm

George,
I do not mind if you have different opinion from mine not only in this case but in any other one as well.
As about debate what I always try is to explain as better as I can what I think and why I think so. In this process I react whenever it seems clear to me that somebody didn't understand me well and I try then to explain it better. What also happens is that I put the question when I do not understand something or if it happens that to my opinion somebody with whom I talk has lost the line or put in the wrong way two or more things together. Everything has always served and will always serve to better clarification, as I think that is what debate are for.
What I do not remember is that I have ever said anything personal to you judging something as a negative or anything of that kind. If you understood it that way you should have said to me immediately and clearly what you understood that way so that it can be explained and then no hard feelings would stay as a result. If we leave things to stay within our understanding which is hurtful without checking the credibility of such experience, then it is very easy to be found in the possition of an attacked and therefore hurt person. I , myself, definitelly do not like to give such impression or feelings toward anybody. But, I cannot make choices in the name of anybody too. Who thinks that something was said with such a conotation, it would be nice to check it before making final conclusions. That is at least how I do. In all kind of talks I am open and direct, which means what you shall hear from me about you or the subject or anybody else will be said clearly, openly and directly at the place where the talk is led so that everybody can see it and take equal part in that. It can be said more or less successfully from the point of understanding, but that's what questions are for and I am always open to answer.

GenerousGeorge wrote:I look forward to listening to them. :)

I didn't understand this. Sabina meant these two: Matrix and Descartes and Matrix and Kant, the post above Sabina's answer to me. =0) Either you didn't understand this or I didn't understand your sentence. =0(

Sabina
mirjana

Postby GenerousGeorge » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:24 pm

Maybe I did not understand it...... ADD strikes =0o
GenerousGeorge

Postby Ryan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:39 pm

The obeserver decides its reality...

[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby Sabina » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:31 pm

determinism.jpg
determinism.jpg (118.89 KiB) Viewed 10363 times
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 pm

David Lynch explains what is the real reality

mirjana

PreviousNext

Return to Mysticism