What is past the Blue Sky

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

What is past the Blue Sky

Postby rae53cr » Wed May 19, 2010 8:26 pm

I was looking out of my office window up at the Blue Sky , and started to wonder about what was beyond the Blue Sky. The stars the we can see at Night, our Moon,Venus, Mars Jupiter, these planets we know we can see sometimes,but what is beyond this. All any of us can see with the Eye is only Blackness. I found a movie on a Hulu the other day that was about Black Holes, and as I started to watch, I found that when viewing this program, The Earth just seems to sit out in space with nothing else around it and everything out side of Earth seem endless,like it just kept going and there was no end.This made me feel so small. So i asked myself, if we are Sprite in a physical form,,then when we Die and our Sprite leaves that form and returns to the Universe, do we see beyond the vastness, are we part of this never ending space. What do you think?
rae53cr

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 0

Re: What is past the Blue Sky

Postby Sabina » Wed May 19, 2010 9:02 pm

rae53cr wrote:...if we are Sprite in a physical form,,then when we Die and our Sprite leaves that form and returns to the Universe, do we see beyond the vastness, are we part of this never ending space. What do you think?

I wonder if "seeing" is even the right verb? Maybe when we die we just feel everything through and through. Maybe feeling, when in spirit form, is completely different than feeling in this current human form. In that sense it is possible we become part of it, as well as see beyond it.

I also believe in reincarnation, so in that sense, if someone dies, and they are not yet ready for the connection, they return to Earth once again, to live life and learn what they haven't learned in their previous lives.
Those who don't return to Earth, so those who are ready, move on, and in that moment also become more aware of the connection (which they already felt during their life on Earth as well).

I hope my answer makes sense...
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby dermot » Wed May 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Good question!
I agree with Sabina, the evoloution thing makes sense in a way nothing else seems to.

As for where we go...whats out there?
Meditating often without actually making a decision to, takes me to a serene peaceful awareness, that seems like home to me.
You know how it happens, you find yourself staring off into the middle distance, or maybe captivated by a scenic view, staring out to sea...thats the feeling i am trying to describe, the feeling of belonging to something bigger.

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby rae53cr » Thu May 20, 2010 3:22 pm

I believe that we have many lives because we are on a road as Sprite in Form to total awareness of What we truly are(Sprite), and with each life experience we add on to our knowledge and grow ,then at some point we end the journey on this level and move to the next to continue our learning process until we reach a point of all knowing and become one with the Universe. I don't believe there are lessons to be learned, but rather experiences to be experienced.That may come in the form of being Born and Dieing within minutes, the Experience we came for is Being Born , it may be the Experience of being Gay to know what it is like to be Hated by others for who you are. I think you get the picture. Life as we know is never ending, we as Sprite have to either experience or not experience , but as Sprite we can not truly know until we do. If on the other side is only peace , love , harmony, then how do we know as Sprite that this is peace, Love and Harmony unless we know of No Peace, No Love and No Harmony.
rae53cr

Postby Sabina » Fri May 21, 2010 3:17 am

rae53cr,
Don't you think that we get lessons through various experiences?

Some people need personal experiences in order to learn something, others can learn from their own as well as other people's experiences, but I think we either way get valuable life lessons that way.

If we can agree on that, then what exactly is the difference between the two?
Or perhaps we disagree... (?)
:)
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby rae53cr » Fri May 21, 2010 9:41 pm

I agree life is one big Lesson. From the moment we first open our eyes and take our first breath till we close our eyes and take our last breath. I guess the point I was trying to make in reference to reincarnation was that, I think we make our plan out before we come back to Earth to experience what ever is we want to experience, and if that results in a lesson learned when we return to the other side great, it's all good.
rae53cr

Postby ThePermster » Tue May 25, 2010 4:27 pm

A strangely sensual way to begin thinking about human insignificance but I can't help but think it's rather anthropocentric.

I mean granted when you're thinking in terms of space then we are physically speaking dizzyingly small but like I say that would be anthropocentric of us to stress any kind of importance of space just because we appear to be spatial beings.
In fact if you consider space for its nature and not how we perceive then it is in actuality a very small thing. Space is simply the dimension used as the axis for position. Yes it is infinitely large but that's inherent to its nature, you can't put a beginning or an end on a dimension and what real meaning does that have anyway? It has some meaning to the spatial parts of ourselves but most phenomenological thinking stresses the unimportance of physical phenomena so surely it'd be wiser to consider the magnitude of our existence in terms of consciousness and not physics, no?

In regards to the ensuing conversation as well, some of what's been said has its merit in the world of philosophy, mostly the phenomenological. For whomever may be interested its a brilliant study for solidifying and reasoning with these ideas of consciousness and human experience.

For instance:
Sabina wrote:
I wonder if "seeing" is even the right verb? Maybe when we die we just feel everything through and through. Maybe feeling, when in spirit form, is completely different than feeling in this current human form. In that sense it is possible we become part of it, as well as see beyond it.

Phenomenology gives us the prerequisite tools so that we may be able to explore this kind of epistemological thought. Phenomenology would posit that a "sense" is a purely "lifeworld" based concept (lifeworld being the term for all of directly and indirectly perceivable reality, kind of the epistemological bubble that we experience) and that understanding what sensing would be like outside of the lifeworld (presumably when you die) is epistemologically impossible (and unfortunately meaningless too) for us to posit about.

On the same line of thought, here's a fun lil short story concept I worked with once, I forget what I did with the actual story but the gist is fun enough:
-A man finds himself bathed in a white light and a brief recollection of an accident having recently occurred.
-A voice speaks to him and he addresses it with concern for the safety and well-being of his family to which the voice notes simply his concern as being "positive progress".
-The man probes the voice for answers about his situation to which the voice tells him he has recently died and he is suspended here in this place until he acquires the necessary revelation required to "move on".
-Asking about what the voice means by moving on the voice responds that he is due to soon inhabit the life of a rice farming peasant woman in some time 400AD.
-The man assumes then that this must then be the process of reincarnation and asks the voice if this is true, which the voice confirms and then tells the man he has many lives to live before he is done.
-The man asks how many and the voice answers "any and all, just as many as is required to understand properly". The man finds out that he is the sole perpetrator of all lives ever lived, past, present and future and with this the voice says the revelation has begun and that he is ready.
-The man hurtles towards his next life, all the while the realisation comes that he has both committed and been on the receiving end of every action ever taken by man, he has known all repercussions ever dealt to him, positive, negative and otherwise.
-Finally coming to rest within the foetus of his next life he can only reflect upon the reasons for having such knowledge of all lives and all consequences and how such wisdom can only be the knowledge of God and just as the veil of his new life is set to come down over his eyes he is left oh so momentarily knowing that this is how Gods are made.

Just a story but I really liked the idea myself and given the subject matter in this thread I thought you all might enjoy it a little too.
ThePermster

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 1

Return to Spirited Debate