What is a soulmate

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Re: What is a soulmate

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Interesting answers, everybody =0)

I think about this a lot, and wonder sometimes about the notion of the lifelong romantic soulmate that has come to be a part of many people's hopes and dreams.

I am of the opinion that there are contracted souls - souls that you have met before or souls that you have a binding agreement to meet in this life. These may include your romantic partners, they may include your lifelong friends, but they also may include your enemies and people you meet only briefly.

The commonality between them all is that you all serve a purpose for one another's learning and growth. In some instances you may be taught, in some you may be the teacher, and in others you may both give and receive teaching.
Rachel

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Postby mirjana » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:14 pm

I like your answer Chessa. . What I specifically like in this answer is mentioning enemies as such too. Very good point. =0) I gave you Kudos for this.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks Mirjana =0/

Perhaps we all here in the DS forums are soulmates?
Rachel

Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.

Postby mirjana » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Chessa wrote:Thanks Mirjana =0/

Perhaps we all here in the DS forums are soulmates?

It seems that we vibrate closeness and understanding, readiness to open and to listen...nice thing to be common. I think that we are kindred souls.
mirjana

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I love the term 'kindred souls' or 'kindred spirits'.

A question: Has anyone ever been suprised by a depth of unspoken connection with someone? eg. A kindred or soul connection with a person in the most unlikely or unexpected situation or place?
Rachel

Postby dermot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi Chessa, i love your new avatar.....

I regularly have moments or times when i connect easily with people, have an understanding of a strangers character, personality, sense of humour, etc......its very heartening when it happens.
I felt very comfortalbe around the people here on DS as soon as i joined!

Maybe you are talking about the 'one'.......that might be different, it certainly would be for me!
d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:23 pm

dermot wrote:Hi Chessa, i love your new avatar.....

I regularly have moments or times when i connect easily with people, have an understanding of a strangers character, personality, sense of humour, etc......its very heartening when it happens.
I felt very comfortalbe around the people here on DS as soon as i joined!

Maybe you are talking about the 'one'.......that might be different, it certainly would be for me!
d.

Dermot.
I like very much this word - heartening. =0) This also belongs to a kinderd touch.
mirjana

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks Dermot - I too like your new avatar =0D
Rachel

Postby alejandrocerv » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 pm

I like this topic a lot. I, as a 16 year old boy with a sensitive streak, and with a history of not being the most 'manly' (we're talking stereotypes here for a second; sorry) boy around, have always sought refuge in a person with a soul meant for mine, a person I'm meant to be with, usually in the form of a girl of course.
80S

I like the kindred spirit thing too, and if you read my post entitled "Darvish Mustafa Ali" in the "Mysticism" forum, this is a time when I have met a kindred spirit. I think I met many over the weekend, if anyone is interested in hearing about more people. (Just let me know)

As a student of phenomenology, I seek to study (and discuss) things not only in terms of theory, but in light of sensory perception and experience. I am by no means a nihilist (in the usage of Turgenev), but I believe that theory must be separated from preconception, and that experience must be transformed into learning. Better to be the participant-observer than the hermit-sage! So, does anyone else want to share stories about soulmates, kindred spirits, etc.? For me, would you mind posting ones that may have mystic connections on "Darvish Mustafa Ali"? Thank you so much!

[S] [A] [L] [A] [M] ,
[@]
Alejandro

__2__
Zen Buddhist, mostly vegetarian, soon-to-be avid hiker.
alejandrocerv

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Siddhartha - Herman Hesse
Favorite movie: Capitalism A Love Story
Things I like: I love music more than any other worldly thing. It is how I connect with God.
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 2

Postby Ideflitch » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:44 am

To me a true soul mate is one I have shared more than one life time with. Someone who fits in beside me without words to describe who they are. The first time I saw my future husband a very large voice inside me said 'Oh! there you are! I've been looking everywhere for you'. I negated it, but realized later that it was true. We were lucky to have finally found each other and I will look for him again in the next life.
Ideflitch

Favorite book: Colleen Mc Culloughs First man in Rome
Favorite movie: Far too many good ones to make a choice.
Things I like: History, especially ancient history, Jazz and big bands music. Potting. Politics.
Enjoying being with family and friends. Good Merlot.
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Mysticism