What if everyone was telepathic

Exercise your mind through 'what if' scenarios, moral
dilemmas, brain teasers & other playful ways.

What if everyone was telepathic

Postby Sabina » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:03 pm

What if everyone in the world suddenly became telepathic?

What would be the challenges or problems, if any?
What would be the benefits?
In which way(s) would your life be different?
In which way(s) would life on Earth be different?
What all would be affected in your opinion?

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: What if everyone was telepathic?

Postby Ryan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:16 am

The challenges would be getting some "alone time", dealing with stress, sleeping.

I don't see any real benefits. It's communication, you still have to have the thought and express it for the other to read/feel it. So I don't think it will change much in that sense, its only real benefit is that you would probably be able to know if someone is lying or not... not that it would change much because the discrepancy would still be in the interpretation... and that will always be the back door to any trap.

At any rate, I think for the most part people would think "that's cool" at first and after a very short period of time they would be looking for ways to keep people out of their heads. I think the majority of people are dishonest with their surroundings in one way or another to "simply survive" and if you took that away from them they would be forced to look at themselves and I feel that most rather point their finger's at others and blame them for how things are rather than viewing their own roles.

I didn't specifically address all your questions individually but I believe I did answer them indirectly through the other things I said.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby mirjana » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Sabina wrote:What if everyone in the world suddenly became telepathic?

What would be the challenges or problems, if any?
What would be the benefits?
In which way(s) would life on Earth be different?
What all would be affected in your opinion?

Sabina

Interesting questions Sabina and I shall give some answers how I feel about it at the moment.
I think that the answer to the first two questions is that having telepathy as a general characteristic will be the sign of global consciousness´s change which will prove that the critical mass of positive changes is achieved and therefore caused such changes. That would be then the proof that for people who are there and with this ability it will be a normal part of communication like the word was at the beginning.
As a part of such a big change, I will be changed too. I can imagine that I will be very happy because of thinking that there is no possibility to be misunderstood, or better to say, what ever I would have to say, it will be correctly understood, and that has always been my attention in any communication.
I can imagine that those who tend to hide truth(manipulate) or to lie would be faster educated not to do so, realizing no effect of behaving like that.
I can imagine that it will be easier to live with each other as we would understand each other to the deepest which will make easier application of all other spiritual tools, working on self, understanding others...
Nice hypothesis Sabina. You know how people say, we first have to wish something and from that moment on this to happen is only the question of time...

Mirjana
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:14 pm

mirjana wrote:I can imagine that those who tend to hide truth(manipulate) or to lie would be faster educated not to do so, realizing no effect of behaving like that.

So you see it that the people who currently do that not only would, but could do that then as well?

mirjana wrote:Nice hypothesis Sabina. You know how people say, we first have to wish something and from that moment on this to happen is only the question of time...

I don't neccesarily wish for this to happen, it was only a question at this point.

Sabina
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby mirjana » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Sabina wrote:
mirjana wrote:I can imagine that those who tend to hide truth(manipulate) or to lie would be faster educated not to do so, realizing no effect of behaving like that.

So you see it that the people who currently do that not only would, but could do that then as well?

mirjana wrote:Nice hypothesis Sabina. You know how people say, we first have to wish something and from that moment on this to happen is only the question of time...

I don't necessarily wish for this to happen, it was only a question at this point.

Sabina

Hi Sabina,

To answer to your question, I do not know why should I imagine that such a change would completely change all people to be different as they are. I see it more like a higher level of consciousness that would make possible all people to evolve and change faster. So, those whose pattern of behaviour is such, they would learn that there are no benefits of such a behaviour, they would learn to confront with themselves, with consequences, responsibility and much more...
On the other hand, who knows how things could turn. There are moments when something happen in our surrounding and someone appears like a person who behaves like that and we feel only scorn that blocks us to hear or understand or believe in the whole story that will be presented as a explanation. In such imaginable situation, it will be at least then clear if there was a case of such a kind or not. Then all parts could learn a lot, I can imagine. And that is how I see positive affects of something like that.
And now I come to answer to your last comment :
"I don't necessarily wish for this to happen, it was only a question at this point."
My last sentence in my previous post was not directed toward you, except the part "nice hypothesis, Sabina". The other part was my comment and the way how I would like things to be. That is the reason I said that your hypothesis(I understood it was only a question) was nice, as it is in my opinion and I could imagine that such a change could really contribute in many aspects further self development of each person as well as relationship between people.

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Sabina » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:44 am

I can see such a change possibly as being nice only if people are truly ready for it.
In my opinion, being ready for it cannot mean that they would try to trick each other about what their thoughts are. If there is still trickery, then they are not ready for the gift and then it will not happen.

Sabina
Sabina

Postby Heidi » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:14 am

I totally agree with you, Sabina. People have to be ready for such a gift. If we lived on another more spiritual realm, where thoughts could be pure, then telepathy would be an ideal form of communication.

But telepathy in the world as it is today, would have more negative than positive effects. The people who can control their thoughts must be few and far between and telepathy without thought control would have disastrous effects.

For example, what would happen if a hot-tempered person could read my mind if my thoughts about him were not at all favourable? And what about being able to read everybody's mind if you travelled on a crowded train? Wouldn't that drive you crazy?

Also, I would not be able to have a moment of peace if I could read the thoughts of the people I loved, and their thoughts concerned their fears, anxieties or insecurities.

I don't know, but I wouldn't like to be telepathic in our world. Intuition works better, I think.
Heidi

State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 17

Postby Sabina » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:47 am

But if.. we could turn it on and off, what then?
You mentioned intuition, which is a nice comparison.
Intuition is something we have from time to time, some people more often than others, but it is not constantly there. At least we are not constantly aware of it. It's like having a built in switch which comes on automatically, when needed. Something is suspicious or strange or doesn't feel right and we realize that our intuition is sending us signals.

What if telepathy would work in a similar way, so as something that is not always "on" (such as in a crowded place you would definitely want to keep it off), but when triggered, it comes on - naturally and automatically.
That could be interesting.
Sabina

Postby mirjana » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:57 am

Heidi wrote:...
Also, I would not be able to have a moment of peace if I could read the thoughts of the people I loved, and their thoughts concerned their fears, anxieties or insecurities.

The whole answer is beautiful, but this sentence touched me very deeply and personally. I gave you Kudos for this.

Mirjana
mirjana

Return to Imagination Exercises