Vivid Dreams

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Vivid Dreams

Postby Sabina » Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 pm

What exactly, or what all is it that influences how much we dream, how vividly and how much of the dream we remember the following morning?

Holly has been having very vivid dreams since she came to visit us, and we were both wondering why that is so, or what all contributes to this.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Vivid Dreams

Postby Ryan » Fri May 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Maybe vivid dreaming is due to certain "awakening" type moments in life?
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby mirjana » Fri May 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Maybe vivid dreams are a kind of confirmation that the person who dreams becomes more aware of self and the life s/he has been living.
In last two days I had two very vivid dreams.
The first one was a realization about one important event from the recent past and the second was a realization how things only can change about something that until now has significantly influenced my life in both, physical and emotional way. Until now I was somehow stacked with both these issues. After these two dreams things seem simpler to me and I do not feel any more attracted to solve them myself.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby searching » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:31 pm

I dream quite a bit and often my dreams are quite vivid. Sometimes they are very weird and make no sense to me at all. I wish I could find some way to interpret some of these things. But one very vivid dream that I had back a few years ago always stands out in my mind and comes back to me now. In this dream I was standing at a window watching an airplane take off. It was ascending horizontally across my vision, over a body of water with a stretch of land running alongside it. All of a sudden when this plane got up to a certain altitude there was an explosion, the plane broke in half and fell to the ground. Disturbing to say the least. When I awoke the next morning, I thought about it briefly and then it went out of mind. A couple of weeks later the plane accident over Long Island, NY took place - where it appears a missile struck the side of the plane and it crashed to the ground. The re-enactment digital photos of this accident were idential to what I saw in my dream. I immediately told my husband. Oh my God, I dreamed about this a couple of weeks ago. Very strange! What is that all about?
searching

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 1

Return to Mysticism