Verdirosi

Paintings, photography, graphics and other visual arts.

Verdirosi

Postby Sabina » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:38 am

I thought these three paintings by Verdirosi to be rather interesting, especially from the point of view of a truth seeker, or deep spirit.

Ambition

The Moment under Discussion

The Game

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Verdirosi

Postby mirjana » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi Sabina,

I agree. All three paintings are of that kind. I visited his site and admired some other paintings too. I like very much The Mirror. Each painting is a clear expression and his spiritual answer to the chosen themes, but leaving to us as many personal answers as we want. "The moment under discussion" shows personal aspects involved in discussion, like shadow of the person, mask... I like his approach very much...it is witty and deep. Thank you for introducing him here in this forum,.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:48 am

For me it involves one of my central themes - honesty. In 'The moment under discussion' the jester drops/loses the mask.. anyone wearing a mask is ultimately only a jester and nothing more. An actor entertaining others, in one way or another. By not being honest, we are not genuine, we are just actors or jesters, clowns.. in our life, and that's a sad way to spend your time, especially when in the habit of constantly living in this manner.

Maybe the artist meant something completely different, but this is my interpretation.. :)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:26 pm

What a great interpretation! I love it and after reading it I can not imagine any better for this painting. That is the beauty of art, inspiring true thoughts and realizations.
Thank you Sabina for this insightful words.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Visual Arts