Veils of Illusion...

By Dermot

Veils of Illusion...

Postby dermot » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:20 pm

This could turn into a rant, or a deeply personal impression of my own thoughts and experiences ...who knows?
My life turned upside down in the last year, all that seemed predestined and ordained became loose and flimsy. People i thought i knew became strangers, their thought processes alien and distant. Discord ran deep, hurt and pain became daily companions, my own being was in doubt. Of course not everybody was involved, there were people, friends, who reflected back to me my own story, thereby framing my thoughts with their certainty and mine.
In the end the world caved in and a new dawn arrived. Yes, thats what it felt like, still does on a daily basis almost.
What i want to talk about here is the new dawn. There is a growing feeling that i am being given an opportunity to look at the world through new eyes. When i do this it feels like veils have been stripped away revealing my own truth and its reflection warms my heart.
New people have rapidly become trusted friends without the need to dance endlessly to prove allegience. This is because i am prepared to finally be me, and what i encounter is a direct reflection of my own sincerity.
It all seems simple, and probably should be, maybe it is in your life or in your town, but for me its just happening fully now. Conditioning had imposed regulation, self disclosure came as a bargaining tool, i didnt believe i was loveable fundamentally. Now i do.
There are direct effects of this in my daily experience, i find it easier to connect with what really matters, i spend less time in the endless see/saw of emotional uncertainty, and more time in Truth.

Anything is possible, as long as i am true to myself.

And its not all about me......

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Re: Veils of Illusion...

Postby mirjana » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:26 pm

dermot wrote:...
What i want to talk about here is the new dawn. There is a growing feeling that i am being given an opportunity to look at the world through new eyes. When i do this it feels like veils have been stripped away revealing my own truth and its reflection warms my heart.
...d.

Dear Dermot,

I enjoyed very much how you described the state of your feelings at the time =0) I read your report few times...I wanted to be sure I understood It correctly.I think I did. You realized everything (great), you have an awareness of the moment( even grater) and enjoy it (that is the crucial point).
When we pass through the hard time in life, not many learn from such experiences, and even less get full awareness about that experience, because most of people keep their attention attached to the problem, and it keep them away from life and from moving on. You opened toward yourself and life and enjoy this beautiful inner reward. [El]
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Cyrene » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:42 pm

The best of all is feeling capable to see all the promises that new day brings.
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
Cyrene

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: The Little Prince
Favorite movie: What dreams may come
Things I like: All kind of music, historical novels, books that allow me to learn something, good films, travelling, visiting museums, knowing new cultures
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 1

Postby Sabina » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:19 pm

dermot wrote:This could turn into a rant, or a deeply personal impression of my own thoughts and experiences ...who knows?

This could be a poem? Beils of Illusion is a good title for a poem.... (hint hint)

dermot wrote:New people have rapidly become trusted friends without the need to dance endlessly to prove allegience.

Conditioning had imposed regulation, self disclosure came as a bargaining tool, i didnt believe i was loveable fundamentally. Now i do.

Very nicely said Dermot. Here's a cup of coffee for you: []D
It looks like an average cup, but it is actually friendship.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to The Cloggernaugh West Diaries