Unique Artists

Paintings, photography, graphics and other visual arts.

Unique Artists

Postby mirjana » Tue May 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Sabina, congratulations. What a great article about Salvador Dali.
I have enjoyed every line and so many details that I haven´t known in spite of that that I thought I had.
Your selection of details from his life, of his quotes, videos about him, everything is excellent.
I like the way you organized his gallery. B0)
Great work!!
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Unique Artists

Postby Sabina » Tue May 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Thank you Mirjana. =0)
So... what's your favorite work by Dali?
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Unique Artists

Postby mirjana » Tue May 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Well, it is not an easy question. I admire his mind, his approach to life, the way how he explained the word freedom with all his life and that unique mind has a unique approach to art. More than the way how he paints I admire him as the whole as he is, his whole personality is art for itself.
The way he played with the idea of time and after that with perspective, myths...with everything.
I love all his paintings with watches as these belong to the most beautiful presentation of humor in the art.
Then I love Swans Reflecting Elephants, again great idea and great sense of humor and Galatea of the Spheres is a sublime expression of eternal admiration of his muse. I visited the house of Dali in Port Lligat, which is a very small fishing village. It became a museum in 1997 and my family visited that place shortly after that. Each step in that house was marked with the spirit of two of them and the originality and the warmth of the place overwhelmed me. He knew very well how much it is true when he said:
"I am too intelligent to be a good painter." I think that his life was art, he made of his place of living a piece of art in architecture, each piece of his furniture, and everything was a living art. When somebody succeeds to make art of his life and to make art everything that was part of his life, then such a person is a symbol for the true artist.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Visual Arts