Tonight, I'll try to contact my spirit guide!

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Tonight, I'll try to contact my spirit guide!

Postby Fendreg » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:13 am

Hello fellow denizens of Deep Spirits:

For a long time, strange things have happened to me and now I'm ready to feel a bit grounded in my path in spirituality. There's a good few things I'd like to express about myself, about the things I've seen and felt but....it's very hard for me to express my experiences without feeling stupid. I have this stigma about trying to keep how I feel to a minimum, that I can't possibly be seeing this cat around the house that no one else sees, or shadowy figures in my peripheral vision. I believe my house to be haunted, and some strange things have happened to the other ( very skeptical ) members of the house, yet generally the really really strange stuff tends to happen to me ( shadowy figures looking in on me clearly. A man's voice screaming in my room with no one being there ). Ahh there's so much to say but....gosh I wish I were more comfortable. I don't want to hope for something that isn't there- as in I don't want to believe that I have an ability when maybe I'm just reading too much into normalcy.

That....rant being aside, tonight I'm going to try to contact my spirit guide for advice. I've never done anything like this before, but I have read a few things on it. I'm ready with my white candle and incense, but I'm worried about how to approach the situation. How will I know when something has arrived? Will I let something bad in? I'm afraid that I'll just feel like an idiot and call the whole thing off or...worse: I'll be scared of what I'll discover.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.
Fendreg

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: Gotrex and Felix First Omnibus
Favorite movie: Flight of Dragons
Things I like: Literature, iguanas and reptiles in general, aloof individuals, videogames, art, medicine, flora, things unseen
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

Re: Tonight, I'll try to contact my spirit guide!

Postby Ryan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:03 pm

I am sorry you received no replies, but it was probably because nobody had any advice... however, I am very interested as to how your evening turned out.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Re: Tonight, I'll try to contact my spirit guide!

Postby Sabina » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:59 pm

This reminds me of an episode from the old "Kung Fu" series with David Carradine. The episode was called "The Spirit-helper".

A young Indian (played by a very young Don Johnson) sits on the ground and prays for a Spirit Guide. In that moment Caine appears, which leads the boy (called Nashebo) to believe that Caine is (obviously) his spirit guide.

While Caine wasn't a mystical creature Nashebo called for, he did in Caine receive a helper that could indeed be seen as a "spirit guide".
A spirit guide doesn't have to be anything (or anyone) mystical or scary. Anything could serve as a spirit guide. Just something to keep in mind.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Mysticism