Time as limitation

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Time as limitation

Postby dermot » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:05 pm

I'm not sure what i believe or understand regarding time or what this existence is about. That does'nt mean i need to know or need to understand.
Sometimes i wonder why life is a struggle with things that need to be put right, why so much effort is expended on what doesn'nt really matter at all. I can catalogue the number of times in a day when i am 'present', and it annoys me how few they are. I also know how to step out of the trap of 'time' and be present, so living life gets in the way of that and theres the challenge for me. This life is full of disappointments, full of lost opportunities to live, love, exist with passion, and still there is a message, an opportunity, that i am refusing to acknowledge.
Today i stayed home from work (dont think my boss is on DS!), conscious of my need to engage with this day, rather than struggle with wasted time. It took a head cold to make me do that, now i feel like im living, dealing with reality.
The nature of time, the meaning of life, i suspect has to do with reincarnation. Living many lives, learning many lessons, evolving slowly and steadily to become a better person. I feel thats a greater probability than any other.

While some run in circles, deep spirits need to connect!
dermot.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Dermot,

I also do hope that your boss is not here. Still, if he were, it would only mean that he also has a deep spirit and his reaction wouldn't be bad then. ;0)
Enjoy your time today with full awareness how beautiful it is to make a choice.
I love your explanation about being present with love and passion in the moment. I also think that when we have such moments, time is not part of that, but awareness that we are fully alive.

=0)
Mirjana
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby mirjana » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:26 pm

I have just come cross this quote and cannot resist to post it here:

"There has been a great misunderstanding between life and time. Time is thought to consist of three tenses: past, present, future - which is wrong. Time consists only of past and future. It is life that consists of the present:"
Osho

Mirjana
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Previous

Return to Spirited Debate