Time as limitation

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Time as limitation

Postby theadvertheretic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:29 am

Evolution anyone?

Yes, the very act of evolution that is an escapade from every sort of metrical system. Evolution is through the very act of experiencing more and making the most of you rather than being a passenger on the "time machine". And with this thought, I also flirt with the idea that we are composed of the similar matter as the galactic matter. It is then formation and decomposition.

Vague, I may seem so but the generic living patterns are have accustomed ourselves as the pages of the solar existence we are prone to be more of the day-time beings. Making the most of our evolution is also valid for the night. It is so because it is regulated lesser with our sense and more with our sensitivity.

For example - Our birthdays, why do we celebrate them. It is a natural pattern of the planetary pattern against the sun. This happens to be a renewal in our zeal of existence. We are exhibited into another radii of experiencing. Note this, on your birthdays acknowledge what happens throughout the day and then take it as a symbol as a pattern for the rest of the year. If rightly done it happens to be true.

I take a leave now my health takes a toll on me.
I wish I have contributed something and have also provided with some food for thought.

Thank You Mirjana for such an excellent opportunity.

=0X
महीप

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
theadvertheretic

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Adventurous - male
Kudos: 7

Postby Sabina » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Here is an excerpt from an excellent movie called "Waking Life". This particular scene presents an interesting twist on time, or more specifically, the illusion of time...

So... what do you think? :)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby theadvertheretic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Sabina, I must say that was a pretty intense video.

But can time as an illusion hack our memories?
If it could then how do we learn?
महीप

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
theadvertheretic

State of Mind or Tendency: Adventurous - male
Kudos: 7

Postby Sabina » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:44 pm

=0)
That depends on what you mean by "hack our memories". ;0)

Sabina
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby Randall » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:53 pm

here is a story, something I've pondered over most of my life...

One of the things that's a bit odd for me, my memories and thoughts from age 4 to 6 were remarkably clear, and definitely not what you would expect from a little guy. My sisters often would talk to me as if I was an adult, getting things out they didn’t tell anyone else. They would use me as a sounding board of sorts, verbally processing what ever was going on in their lives. I must have seemed pretty safe...lol... a little fella isn’t going to tell anyone and there is no way that he is going to understand it anyway, right? For the most part I never said much, I was interested that they felt they could share so much with me. I remember one conversation extremely clear, when one of my sisters was sharing her frustration with having to decide where her life would go now that she was starting college.

She had just finished telling me what everyone else expected of her, and I asked what she wanted to do. She then went into her dream of being a veterinarian. She told me how much she loved animals and how she wanted so much to take care of them..... and before she was done she had given every reason why she wasn’t smart enough, good enough. She talked herself right out of it, with the conviction she couldn’t live her dream. It struck me as odd that she would allow others to direct her life so much, that what they thought of her and her abilities, meant so much that she owned them regardless of how untrue those thoughts were. And that is pretty much what I told her.

Its funny, I was in the car with her while we were talking. We were on the highway and when I told her this, she pulled over and stopped the car. When she looked over at me, she had a funny look on her face, and she asked me how much of what she had been telling me I understood..... I told her, "I don’t know, everything I think". I was five years old.

I remember thinking, with in that incredible space of clarity, "You have to get it right this time" and it came with a very distinct feeling I'd lived this life before... not a past life thought, but this life, this one right here.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby Sabina » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Randall,

The association I had when reading your reply, especially the last paragraph, was Groundhog Day. Do you know the movie?

Sabina
Sabina

Postby mirjana » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm

"I remember thinking, with in that incredible space of clarity, "You have to get it right this time" and it came with a very distinct feeling I'd lived this life before... not a past life thought, but this life, this one right here."

Lucky you. With 5 you have already entered your purpose and became one with you now and here.
It is beautiful feeling. I do hope that you enjoy this awareness.
Sabina, you are incredible with this immediate association, which is so accurate.
Amazing synchronicity.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Randall » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:23 pm

ah Mirjana.. In a way, I've been looking for that clarity ever since.
=0) I've seen the film Sabina. I wonder at the implications... And I think perhaps that was what my five year old mind came up with as an explanation for something else. Shrugs, it is what it is and perhaps one day I'll be able to answer that question.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby mirjana » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Sabina, thank you for bringing this movie. I saw it, but this movie belongs to such movie that should be watched again and again in order to get so much the movie offers.
The beauty of this scene for me is in this moment of telling explaining what does it brings to us if we accept and tell yes not prolonging meeting our destiny-self-life as it is- free self of illusions...the list can go quite nicely further.
There is another movie which is somehow about the same and I loved it:

Where are the limits? Actually the answer is, there are no limits. As soon as we understand that and say YES, we are free.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Mirjana, that was a very funny movie....
and while on surface it doesn't seem to have anything to do with "time", the above scene from "Waking Life" makes "Stranger than Fiction" appear in a new light. So, very nice parallel! :)

__4__

Randall, your words are, for me, a nice illustration of what it means to be genuinely open-minded:
"...And I think perhaps that was what my five year old mind came up with as an explanation for something else... "
Not limiting yourself in the sense of "I saw it as that so it's got to be that!"

__4__

Maheep, you caught my attention with this statement:
"Note this, on your birthdays acknowledge what happens throughout the day and then take it as a symbol as a pattern for the rest of the year. If rightly done it happens to be true."

What do you mean by "if rightly done"? What would the right way to do it as opposed to the wrong way?

Sabina
Sabina

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate