This is not Utopia

What should the ideal community or society be like?
Thoughts and ideas on making the utopian idea reality.

This is not Utopia

Postby Sabina » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 am

"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: This is not Utopia

Postby mirjana » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:15 am

This is not Utopia, but pure beauty and perfection of the nature.
Great music accompanies these videos so that the whole impression is deeply touching.
Great material.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Alexander » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:41 am

Indeed it is not, because it exists!

Beautiful places!
"The high mission of any art is, by its illusions, to foreshadow a higher universe reality, to crystallize the emotions of time into the thought of eternity."
Alexander

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Adventurous - male
Kudos: 2

Postby mirjana » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:38 am

more of beautiful places...

mirjana

Postby David99999 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:44 am

I feel sorry for you, Sabina. You're over half of the way through you thirties, and, you still have an adolescent-type rebellious attitude. Life is what we make it. If you want the most ideal situation possible, you have to make the appropriate choices. Things don't always turn out the way we expect, or the way we would like them to. Utopia is, by definition, a non-existent place. One person's ideal may differ from that of another person. Life is short. Enjoy it, while it lasts! =0) =0)
David99999

State of Mind or Tendency: Feisty
Kudos: 0

Postby Sabina » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:24 am

Always nice to meet a fellow human being who is eager to jump to assumptions.
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby dermot » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 am

Yes Sabina, you are half way through you're 30's now, and its time to take stock. No more of this insane pondering on anything other than hard facts and empty reality. Not for you the adolescent untamed thoughts that only bring heartache and insecurity.
Have you considered taking out some more health insurance for example, putting some money away for dentures and zimmer frames, maybe buying a plot with a view?

Yes of course its tempting to daydream about utopian ideals, ponder the significance of another reality, girl you gotta get with it. Are you possibly drinking too much coffee, really dear cappuchino culture should be terminated at 27 at the latest.

Have you considered this scatty attitude and what it might do to the young people in your care?
Too quote Maud Flanders "think of the children, oh who will think of the children...". If you dont start to die slowly in your 30's they will grow up with false expectations of what this world is about. They may have overdeveloped imaginations, and dreamy expectations of travel and adventure, and even fun. Ok, thats hard but someone needs to say it, and who better than me...still dreaming of Utopia and half dead already.

Cast your eyes down dear, consider the pavement, avoid the clouds, walk dont run, it will all be over soon.

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Kudos: 52

Postby Sabina » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Thank you for your kind words Dermot. When explained so eloquently, how could anyone not see the light?! You are how every true adult should be, if they ever manage to grow out of the undeserving adolescent period.

What I find the most interesting is the conclusion, or the mysterious connection between a rebellious attitude and the insinuation that I somehow don't enjoy life.
B0)

I watched a really dumb movie last night, probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen, but one quote from it was priceless.
This mean capitalist prototype of a man has captured the rebellions daughter of poor country's leader.. a leader he otherwise controls with money, and now he wants him to permanently get rid of his daughter since she is such a troublemaker.
So the capitalist swine goes to her abode and looks through her quarters, rips one of her drawings of the wall, firmly walks to her father, and yells:
- AND SHE PAINTS AS WELL!!! THIS IS WHERE IT ALL STARTS!!! And this is where it ends....

Ryan and I looked at each other and burst into laughter.
Those very dangerous artists... that's where all the trouble begins. Beware, beware!
Sabina

Postby mirjana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 pm

David99999 wrote:I feel sorry for you, Sabina. You're over half of the way through you thirties, and, you still have an adolescent-type rebellious attitude. Life is what we make it. If you want the most ideal situation possible, you have to make the appropriate choices. Things don't always turn out the way we expect, or the way we would like them to. Utopia is, by definition, a non-existent place. One person's ideal may differ from that of another person. Life is short. Enjoy it, while it lasts! =0) =0)

Either it is a joke or ... =0(
I do not know for Sabina´s choices, but regarding her work, including this beautiful place, she doesn´t seem to be a person who is not able to make a choice. Contrary. Except if you think that spreading beauty doesn´t belong to the right choices? =0@
Talking about the most ideal situation possible we encourage our thoughts " to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before".
How anything would be possible without that kind of curiosity, daring, sharing and encouraging? As far as I understood you, you suggest us to enjoy life while it lasts. Isn´t it that one of the most beautiful enjoyments would be to prolong that enjoyment by doing something that will last even when that what we call life is not there any more. Because, as you said, " One person's ideal may differ from that of another person."
mirjana

Green School Bali

Postby mirjana » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:42 pm

This is not utopia, but reality. I do believe that these kids will contribute to the better future.
I have always believed that the holistic approach is the only real thing. This school seems to work on that principle.

mirjana

Next

Return to Utopia