The show must not go on.

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: The show must not go on.

Postby dermot » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Ryan, i dont want to engage with you on this, i dont find the way you conduct yourself in words either pleasant or entertainting.

You remain the common denominator in these 'virtual disagreements', if you want to consider that and engage in adult debate without rancour i may or may not be available.
d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Postby Ryan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Ok
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby GenerousGeorge » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 pm

GOOD ANSWER
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Postby chiara » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 am

You remain the common denominator in these 'virtual disagreements', if you want to consider that and engage in adult debate without rancour i may or may not be available.
d.

I took you a kudos away dermot and I hope you are not angry with me, but since I am new here I have been reading the last posts and topics, so I am aware of the ongoing situation..

but now I really do not understand the problem...ryan simply just didn't understand your statement and asked for clarification, and actually why shouldn't he, when one does not understand something??
Is it not better to ask before missunderstanding and causing through that only (more) problems?

he asked for better understanding and then you even ask him, why he is demeaning you, and if that is on purpose?? how do you come to such a conclusion?
So for that I took a Kudos away, because I simply see it as unfair of you to say that you "may or may not be available"...to me it seems disrespectful to a man who just asked for clarification...
Absit reverentia vero
liberté, égalité, fraternité
chiara

Favorite book: Shadow The Wind
Favorite movie: Gladiator
Things I like: listening to Music, spending time with loved ones, summer,
good food, sea,..
State of Mind or Tendency: Annoyed
Kudos: 4

Postby dermot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Thank you Chiara,
Welcome to Deep Spirits!

Whilst i have no issue with what you have done, i would just point out that this is quite an ususual step to take on DS.

In the same way that you thought i should have sought clarification, and maybe i should, i would suggest you take time to get to know us all a little better before making your presence known in this manner.

I do look forward to reading your posts.
dermot
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby chiara » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:09 pm

I can imagine one taking kudos can be pretty unusual here...my guess/thought is that you all probably just give each other kudos whenever your impressed, or like the post or many other good and positive reasons..
it's actually like in the "real" world...people don't like being critisized, so people don't do it, thinking, that if they don't others won't also criticize them...so the majority isn't open to useful critcism...
I'm not trying to imply that this is the case here...but what you should know, is that I am a very honest person.with the good stuff and the bad..so if I don't understand something I will ask for clarification or if I think that soemthing should be said to a person, you will usually find me already talking to that person..
I know there are some, who don't like people being too honest with them..so if I was dermot, I'm sorry for making my presence known in such a manner to you....look forward to our future talks =0)
Absit reverentia vero
liberté, égalité, fraternité
chiara

Favorite book: Shadow The Wind
Favorite movie: Gladiator
Things I like: listening to Music, spending time with loved ones, summer,
good food, sea,..
State of Mind or Tendency: Annoyed
Kudos: 4

Postby mirjana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Chiara,
What you have said to all of us here is very inspiring in fact. As Dermot said it is unusual here as I cannot remember last time any of us did it, although we used to have some situations when, maybe, taking Kudos from each other, would help us more to be more understanding about the subject in course instead to take each other personally. As much as I know Dermot, he can only understand it correctly, as he has already shown it with his answer, so the whole action with taking the Kudos back is a good lesson for all of us. I would appreciate such actions toward myself especially when coming with explanations as you did and with explanation about how one who did is as a person.

dermot wrote:Thank you Chiara,
Welcome to Deep Spirits!

Whilst i have no issue with what you have done, i would just point out that this is quite an ususual step to take on DS.

I do look forward to reading your posts.
dermot

Dermot,
<3
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:25 am

chiara wrote:it's actually like in the "real" world...people don't like being critisized, so people don't do it, thinking, that if they don't others won't also criticize them...so the majority isn't open to useful critcism...

Well... I know I, for one, am perfectly capable of criticism. Most of the time my criticism is constructive. Very rarely it is not and then I will usually add that piece of information immediately, but that can only happen when I am angry, so virtually never....
=0@

chiara wrote:I can imagine one taking kudos can be pretty unusual here...my guess/thought is that you all probably just give each other kudos whenever your impressed, or like the post or many other good and positive reasons..

Decreasing kudos is something that has indeed not happened once here on DS as far as I remember, so Lara.. Dermot... I believe you two made history!
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:59 pm

How dare you do something different? 80S =0o 80S
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Previous

Return to Spirited Debate