The show must not go on.

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: The show must not go on.

Postby mirjana » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Ryan wrote:Thank you, I cannot watch it right now as people are still sleeping but I will definitely do so later.

I just mean that I seem to bring out the worst in some people, and make others uncomfortable, and so from now on I will leave them to their opinions since that is what it seems to me they would like... we can just agree to disagree... and leave it at that.
<3

It is your will Ryan. =0(
Personally, I can only say that I have always learned much more from the confrontations than from agreements. If the confrontation in opinions does not turn into the personal aggression, but stays respectful and motivating provocation for further thoughts development, this is what brings people to move on and extend their personal understanding about anything. All parties actually. Because in such kind of talks, all involved have to think about personal points of view again from many different angles which refresh personal approaches and only can bring good to everybody.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Ryan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Yes, well... those are my thoughts as well but some disagree and I must make balance...
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby Sabina » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:46 pm

mirjana wrote:Personally, I can only say that I have always learned much more from the confrontations than from agreements. If the confrontation in opinions does not turn into the personal aggression, but stays respectful and motivating provocation for further thoughts development, this is what brings people to move on and extend their personal understanding about anything. All parties actually.

Mirjana,
I also concur with this approach wholeheartedly.

Because in such kind of talks, all involved have to think about personal points of view again from many different angles which refresh personal approaches and only can bring good to everybody.

This part is essential as well. If presented with a certain information, take it in, think about it, answer respectfully, with the provided information in mind. However, if the talk continues like nothing has been said, then even presenting information seems kind of pointless, doesn't it?
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

It does, definitely. =0(
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby dermot » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:44 pm

I of course understand that informed comment is invaluable, nobody is going to argue that point. I believe that it is important to be respectful to anothers opinion.

If anybody is interested, the reason i threw all my toys out of the pram is because time after time, after time, all i read was intransigence being thrown back and forth, back and forth.
All of us have opinions on many topics, what rings your bell, may be different to what rings mine, but eventually when i hear the same bell ringing it becomes monotonous.

If any one of us has a point to make, lets make it. If you make your point and someone does not agree or is less moved by it, then let it lie please?

You do not know where the other mans shoe hurts, or what experiences have brought him this far, personally i think its inappropriate to assume you do.

This has been a sad episode in my time with DS.

Personally .....all i wanted was people to be aware of their own part in what was going on, i felt some members were not aware.
d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby Ryan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 pm

I am not really sure if I understand... the statement...
Dermot wrote:You do not know where the other mans shoe hurts, or what experiences have brought him this far, personally i think its inappropriate to assume you do.

Am I correct with my understanding that I am to think about people's difficult lives and that they may have some deep seeded problems and therefore I should just leave them be? I have that general opinion when it comes to the elderly because I know they come from a different time and "things" of "today" may be difficult for them to understand or really grasp. Meaning they might not be "up to the level" in order to participate as an equal... and therefore you just kind of let them live out their years in peace without having to worry about the problems of today. And also with children because I know they have not had the experiences in life to really understand a topic or discussion. Do you think we should put an age limitation to filter those people out or allow them in but just humor them and leave them in their opinions and continue the talks like they didn't really say anything?

Or are you saying that this should apply to everyone in general? That there shouldn't be any "debates" but just people sharing their opinions? A person posts a topic, everyone replies, and we move on to the next...? (to put it simply)
Ryan

Postby dermot » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 pm

No Ryan..........you would be completely incorrect.
dermot

Postby dermot » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Ryan, reading the delicate piece of prose above directed to me, made me feel small...was it your intention to have that effect.

If it was'nt then you might consider how it was written, please?

If it was, then you automatically assumed my words were directed to you personally, and accelerated from there.

Either way i did'nt like it.

Dermot.
dermot

Postby Ryan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 pm

No, my words were sincere and not meant to demean you or anyone else... I just don't understand the statement...
Dermot wrote:You do not know where the other mans shoe hurts, or what experiences have brought him this far, personally i think its inappropriate to assume you do.

And I let you know how I deciphered it and asked for clarification if I was incorrect.
Ryan

Postby GenerousGeorge » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Don't give up too easy or be too hard on yourself. <3 Critics are a dime a dozen, authors are much more rare.

Like you said people are entitled to their opinions. Deep Spirits should be able to survive more than a few clashes of egos and hard headed opinionated folks.

Perhaps we all have to examine our ability to be honest with ourselves and our attachment to our own egos a little. Starting with me. 80S

Maybe we could all try to write down one thing we discovered about ourselves during this little disagreement. =0X
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate