The show must not go on.

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

The show must not go on.

Postby dermot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:37 pm

After an interesting afternoon in which a disagreement was turned into an us against them scenario, did anyone stop to consider the nature of this 'conflict'.

Its ironic that a topic that turned into a debate on whether 'Simon is the devil or not is responsible for raising more negative energy than the show probably did.

Battle lines were drawn, some of us were given roles we didnt audition for, people were genuinely hurt.

How much of this was self inflicted, who assumed an assault had taken place when in fact none had.

Dont you think we need to choose our battles a lot more carefully?

Deep Spirits all scattered by a virtual argument about a talent show, this is where we need to draw a line, its ludicrous.

Some of us should be ashamed of ourselves.

No debate necessary.
d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Re: The show must not go on.

Postby Ryan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm

I don't think it is ludicrous... I think it points to a sincere hopelessness to where personal feelings and judgments cloud an external subject to the point where it is "war". If a small handful of people who have previously agreed that they all want to dig to the bottom of things to get to the truth finally come to a point where some change their minds to say... let's move on because I am not changing my opinion regardless of what information you provide me with... then I personally have no hope for anything to be different world wide...

I would like to ask a question and I would like each and everyone of you to give a straight forward yes or no answer...

Did you watch "The Corporation"? This is a very informative film and Sabina asked again and again and she was ignored each time...
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby HGolightly » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Yes, I watched the Corporation, and recall it being very informative. Although, it's been a while since I've seen it, so I intend on re-watching it again as a refresher. H
HGolightly

State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 15

Postby dermot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Nope.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Ryan, I did and said it. I even incorporated some argument based on that movie in some of my comments in another topic.
By the way, there is a question.
The phrase: “What unites us is greater than what divides us” seems to belong to President John F. Kennedy and back 1961 when he addressed it to Canadian Parliament. This phrase has become overused especially in the politics. Still, there is something in this phrase what is appealing.
My question is: What is that what unite us and that is greater than that what divides us?
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Queen - The Show Must Go On With Lyrics

Postby mirjana » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:46 pm

mirjana

Postby HGolightly » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Mirjana, I loved your video posting. The lyrics were great - just loved it. Respectfully, I began to laugh (sorry), but it came from a place of understanding and lightheartedness.

The show must go on ... luv to all.
HGolightly

State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 15

Postby Ryan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 am

George wrote:I watched the first part....is there more....how many segments are there...total time?

Sabina and I have watched it as well...

While I deeply understand that time is limited and there are more important things going on in life than what is happening on Deep Spirits and some people just don't have the time or resources to sit at the computer two and a half hours to watch a movie that was suggested in order to help inform people of certain things. I believe it to be important that when we speak our opinions that we do so from an informed point... and if we do speak from a knowingly uninformed stand point we should at least be willing to listen and give some credit to those that have made time in their lives to become informed.

That movie is directly connected with this "conflict" and explains that there is more "evil" behind it all than what you think... but it would seem the ones that haven't watched it still can't see it. And the one's that have taken the time to inform themselves are blowing things out of proportion... ignorance is bliss...

That movie gets in to detail showing how a corporation has made it illegal for a town of people to collect rain water in order to force them to pay for city water. Making people pay for their lives... pretty serious in my book...

It shows how corporations have researched and found that the majority of parents will eventually just buy something for their child in order to put an end to the complaining and/or pressure. And so they spend 12 billion dollars per year to teach children how to complain and pressure their parents successfully. Brainwashing children into becoming better consumers... also pretty serious as far as I see it...

How about knowingly letting the public drink contaminated and cancerous milk and the courts saying that while manufacturing and falsifying the news maybe unethical and immoral it is not illegal?

These are only a couple of interesting points of the film... there are many many more... I have watched this film several times... I have also watched Zeitgeist which I would recommend as well... you can find it on YouTube.

These people have taken mass amounts of time to put together good information to open people's eyes... it is deeper and more harmful than you think... and no, I don't think I do anyone any favors with letting them alone with their opinion based upon ignorance of a situation or to simply avoid confrontation to try and keep things pretty or pleasant. But! I certainly can do it, no problem. Heidi has shown very nicely how that is done. As have I on a number of topics as well... you state your opinion and then you move on. Choosing to try and get validation to your opinion when it is based upon insufficient information, I won't do... but I have made some decisions, in regards to recent happenings, that should help keep the waters calm so you all can sleep more peacefully.
Ryan

Postby mirjana » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 am

Ryan wrote:...

These people have taken mass amounts of time to put together good information to open people's eyes... it is deeper and more harmful than you think... and no, I don't think I do anyone any favors with letting them alone with their opinion based upon ignorance of a situation or to simply avoid confrontation to try and keep things pretty or pleasant. But! I certainly can do it, no problem. Heidi has shown very nicely how that is done. As have I on a number of topics as well... you state your opinion and then you move on. Choosing to try and get validation to your opinion when it is based upon insufficient information, I won't do... but I have made some decisions, in regards to recent happenings, that should help keep the waters calm so you all can sleep more peacefully.

Ryan, it is great that with few more examples from this movie you tried to motivate others to see it inspite of the length. It is important movie. I tried to explain my point about this movie in another topic randall-and-ryan-t339s20.html
200 people have been working on that for more than 8 years. It is not a small group of people. It is a respectful number of people who did something for all of us who were not aware of many things. I also posted another video with a dialogue between N. Chomsky and Michel Foucault because in that one, according to my opinion, M. Foucault explained brilliantly the same what is by examples presented in the movie Corporation.
As about your decisions and all of us who can sleep peacefully because they would keep the water calm, I do not dare to say how I understood it. Instead to make assumptions, I ask you, what do you mean by that? I just follow this:
" If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me. "

=0)
mirjana

Postby Ryan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 am

Thank you, I cannot watch it right now as people are still sleeping but I will definitely do so later.

I just mean that I seem to bring out the worst in some people, and make others uncomfortable, and so from now on I will leave them to their opinions since that is what it seems to me they would like... we can just agree to disagree... and leave it at that.
<3
Ryan

Next

Return to Spirited Debate