The Road Less Traveled

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

The Road Less Traveled

Postby Sabina » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 am

The road less traveled, the path not taken, in whichever way you choose to word it, what does it mean it today's times?

The road less traveled usually refers to something that is not common.
There is talk of the level of human consciousness rising, but then again, the population on Earth is drastically rising as well.

In the year 1 the estimated world population was 200,000,000 (200 million).
In 1750 the world population was roughly 791,000,000 (791 million).
In 2008 the world population was roughly 6,707,000,000 (6707 million).

One could theorize that the drastically increased population, along with the presence of media only makes it seem like the level of consciousness is rising, but is it really?
The media speeds up the spreading of any information and therefore we today know of more people that are "aware" than people in the past knew of. It doesn't mean that the ratio of the people that were "aware" or awakened was any smaller in the past than it is today.

Is "the road less traveled" today any different than the road less traveled in the past?
Is the level of consciousness rising or just the world population? What are your thoughts?
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: The Road Less Traveled

Postby Ryan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:03 am

I do not concern myself with "the road less traveled" of the past...nor, for that matter, of the present neither. I simply try to take the road that will lead me where I would like to go. However, if I just had to provide an answer I would say that I do not imagine the roads (of the past and present) to be too different.

I created a random number generator to give me an answer because whether or not the level of consciousness is rising does not play a role in my life (so I have no thoughts). The results were... 8 out of ten times the answer was yes the level of consciousness is rising. Now whether that is the answer for just at that moment when I was getting my answer and the level of consciousness dropped again afterward, if it was my level of consciousness or that of the entire Earth, or maybe it was 8 out of 10 that the level was not rising...I can't be sure.
=0/
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby mirjana » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Sabina wrote:The media speeds up the spreading of any information and therefore we today know of more people that are "aware" than people in the past knew of. It doesn't mean that the ratio of the people that were "aware" or awakened was any smaller in the past than it is today.

Is "the road less traveled" today any different than the road less traveled in the past?
Is the level of consciousness rising or just the world population? What are your thoughts?[/size]

It seems that the media believes that good news is a bad news, and based on that they spread much more bad than good news. Following the Universal Law of Attraction, like attracts like, doing that they directly contribute to speeding and growing of negative energy around. The comforting thing is that such things, although they repeat, don´t last long.
Parallel there are other ways of communication between people (Internet is one of such) that make possible spreading other kind of information as well which directly positively influence understanding of world and personal importance in that and those information are based on sharing knowledge and understanding which directly contributes to the personal and therefore global change of consciousness. Again the same principle, like attracts like. Forums like this one belong to such.
"Is the road less traveled" today any different than the road less traveled in the past?"
I think that this road is different today than it used to be, as the possibilities to cover larger amount of population grows because of certain technical development. That is what I tried to explain in the above text.

"Is the level of consciousness rising or just the world population? What are your thoughts?"
Technical possibilities to cover larger amount of population with information make possible that people who could not have been previously in the situation to hear, learn and develop different approach to life, are now. It makes possible that the rate of consciousness on the global level grows.

Mirjana

PS: There is a wonderful book The Road Less Travelled by Scott Peck which shows how the results are different dependanding the path we travel. This was a kind of psychoilogical research bsed on the praxis. Great book that deffinitelly contributes to the different understanding of many things.
And there is a beautiful poem here in Life-Changing Arts:Greatest Books: The Road not Taken
by Robert Frost
http://www.deepspirits.com/life-changin ... -taken.php
Last edited by mirjana on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby mirjana » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Ryan wrote:... because whether or not the level of consciousness is rising does not play a role in my life (so I have no thoughts). ...
=0/

Have I understood you correctly, that the changes on the global level of consciousness do not influence the individual change?

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Ryan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:14 pm

You did not understand correctly, the measurement of the global level of consciousness does not make a difference.
Ryan

Postby Sabina » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Ryan,
In reference to your first answer, and you not being sure, I don't think anyone can be sure. This isn't about facts, but rather about our thoughts and feelings on the subject.

Mirjana,
So are you saying that without the knowledge that can be spread through technical means the consciousness wouldn't rise, or wouldn't rise as quickly? Or do you mean something else?

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Heidi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:16 pm

In comparison with the population, I think that the road less travelled is the inner path of self-realization. On the other hand, I believe that the collective consciousness is rising and it will continue to rise.

They say that 2012 will be the end of the world. In my opinion, it's going to be the end of the world as we know it. The big change is going to be the massive shift of global consciousness to a much higher level than it is today.

We'll just have to wait and see...
Heidi

State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 17

Postby mirjana » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Ryan wrote:You did not understand correctly, the measurement of the global level of consciousness does not make a difference.

How is this possible?
"...whether or not the level of consciousness is rising does not play a role in my life ..."
How is this connected with measurement? Please try to explain it in few more words, as it is not clear to me this way.
=0(

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby mirjana » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Heidi wrote:In comparison with the population, I think that the road less travelled is the inner path of self-realization. On the other hand, I believe that the collective consciousness is rising and it will continue to rise.

They say that 2012 will be the end of the world. In my opinion, it's going to be the end of the world as we know it. The big change is going to be the massive shift of global consciousness to a much higher level than it is today.

We'll just have to wait and see...

Hi Heidi,
I share your point of view. And as about 2012, I gave my thoughts from the numerology points of view in our Parapsychology forum:
2012-t29.html
Your thoughts?

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Ryan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:02 am

Mirjana wrote:Please try to explain it in few more words, as it is not clear to me this way.

In order to determine whether or not the level of consciousness is rising I have to measure it from one point and compare it to the measurement of another point. If it were possible to measure it, the knowledge of whether it is rising or not doesn't change anything. If the level of consciousness is rising and I don't know it things will be just the same if I do know it...

Sabina wrote:In reference to your first answer, and you not being sure, I don't think anyone can be sure.

'Tis the day to be misunderstood...my "...I can't be sure" closing wasn't in reference to my answer but to the response of the random number generator... in that I was not sure if the random number generator was confirming or rejecting the rise, or what exactly...
Ryan

Next

Return to Spirited Debate