The miracle of the perspective

Short stories, good jokes,
witty sayings and anecdotes

The miracle of the perspective

Postby mirjana » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am

Attitude...perspective... approach to life and to others... you may call it as you wish, but the story tells everything so clearly.

Long Handle Spoons
Author Unknown

A man spoke with God about heaven and hell.
God said to the man, "Come, I will show you hell."

They entered a room where a group of people sat around a huge pot of stew. Everyone was famished, desperate and starving. Each held a spoon that reached the pot, but each spoon had a handle so much longer than their own arm that it could not be used to get the stew into their own mouths. The suffering was terrible.

"Come, now I will show you heaven," God said after a while.

They entered another room, identical to the first -- the pot of stew, the group of people, the same long-handled spoons. But there everyone was happy and well-nourished. "I don't understand," said the man. "Why are they happy here when they were miserable in the other room and everything was the same?"
God smiled, "Ah, it is simple," he said. "Here they have learned to feed each other."
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: The miracle of the perspective

Postby Naveen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:13 am

Nice story Mirjana :)

I wonder if it was necessary for the roommates to learn to feed each other to be happy.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together but how much does your happiness depend on him is the question :)

Probably it's the Joy of Giving. But can I give something I don't own. Do I own something ? Or is it the Illusion of control ? [El]
Naveen

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Magical
Kudos: 3

Postby mirjana » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:33 am

Naveen wrote:Nice story Mirjana :)

I wonder if it was necessary for the roommates to learn to feed each other to be happy.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together but how much does your happiness depend on him is the question :)

Probably it's the Joy of Giving. But can I give something I don't own. Do I own something ? Or is it the Illusion of control ? [El]

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together but how much does your happiness depend on him is the question :)"
I don't know, but to see that you turned back feels good. =0)

As about the Joy of Giving...well it could be also a nice manifestation of practical intelligence. But, whatever it is, it definitely shows possibilities and the beauty of choices.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Naveen » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:11 pm

I am humbled :) I was right here.. Life! It's a fantasy this...
Naveen

Personality: Ambivert
Kudos: 3

Postby Sotwa » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Perspective :)

There was a man in his home having tremendous faith in god.
There on the news on TV the announcement said a flood was comming to the faithful mans area.
He said "its ok, god shall deliver me , I have faith."

The water came up four feet and the coast guard came in a boat collecting stranded people.
they came to the man's house where he was looking out the second floor window.
The coast guard said " come on sir! The water is only going to rise! Get in the boat! We will take you to safety! "
The man with faith said " no oh no, save the room for those who need it. I have faith in god, god will save me I know this. "
The coast guard drove off like the man suggested.

The water rose very quick. The man was in water up to his chest even on the second floor of his house.
Another boat came driven by a fisherman. The fisherman said to the man of faith " hello! Come now! The water is going to rise more! I'm almost out of gas but I can give us a ride in to safety! "
The man of faith said " no no, I wont risk it! The extra weight in your small boat may make you slower and you may run out of gas! Its ok! I have faith in god! God will save me OK! "
The fisherman said ok and drove off to safety.

The water came up so much the man climbed up on top of his roof and still the water was at his toes.
A helicopter came overhead and from the loud speaker boomed the voice of the coast guard man, "SIR! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO COME WITH US! WE CAN HOLD ONE MORE! LET US TAKE YOU IN TO SAFTEY! "
the man of faith shouted back " ITS OK! GO FIND SOMEONE UNABLE TO SWIM! MY GOD SHALL SAVE MY LIFE FOR I HAVE FAITH!!! "
the helicopter flew away to do just that.

The waters rose and the man was swept off his roof and the current pulled him under. He held his breath as long as he could. His last thought was, its ok, god will save me, I have tremendous faith in god.

He died.

He then awoke in the presence of what he knew was God! He payed down low in respect to his maker. God said rise child, and the man did. The man looked at god and felt overwhelming love. But the man then remembered his death and his last thoughts. He asked god " god, why did you not save me? I loved you my entire life! I had tremendous faith in you! Why did you let me drown??? "
God looked at the man lovingly and said ,
" child, I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you want of me? "
Sage of the way
Sotwa

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: my journal
Favorite movie: this life
Things I like: The inner of all that is, its way, the unity of the flow
Kudos: 1

Return to Witticism