The Journey of an Eco-Village

What should the ideal community or society be like?
Thoughts and ideas on making the utopian idea reality.

The Journey of an Eco-Village

Postby Ryan » Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 am

I have come across this site that is showing the stages and development of a group in founding their Eco-Village. It is definitely not an easy task and very interesting as a process. It is important to note that these villages are being funded by government grants and therefore there are guidelines and red tape galore. None-the-less an interesting journey so far and I, for one, am looking forward to seeing how it all develops.

This is a link to the first video out of twenty-seven. The others can be navigated by clicking on the numbers in the green bar slightly above the video...
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Re: The Journey of an Eco-Village

Postby HGolightly » Sat May 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Ryan, great post!! This morning I was able to watch 15 episodes. It seemed that the reoccurring theme here; apart, from the obvious (sustainable living) was that of having and being apart of community, getting out of the rat race, etc.. Thanks for positing this, as it was very interesting.

I also look forward to seeing how this progresses for them. I've heard a bit of that is going on here in the PNW, as well as Oregon too.
[El] [Pd]
HGolightly

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 15