THE EXISTENCE OF SUPER-INTELLIGENCE

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

THE EXISTENCE OF SUPER-INTELLIGENCE

Postby pawanraj » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:19 pm

WE HUMANS BELIEVE IN THE EXISTENCE OF GOD. BUT WE ARE NOT SURE AT LEAST SCIENTIFICALLY ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OF GOD. LET ME PRESENT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT THE IN-EXISTENCE OF GOD?
WE ARE SO CALLED CREATIONS OF GOD. THIS WORLD IS ALSO HIS CREATION. BUT JUST LOOK THE PAIN AND SUFFERING THAT IS IN OUR WORLD TODAY. HOW CAN GOD LET ITS OWN CREATION UNDERGO SUCH MISERABLE CONDITION? DOESN'T HE LOVE HIS CREATION?? SO HOW CAN WE SAY THAT THE SUPER INTELLIGENT GOD EXIST? NEITHER CAN I SEE HIM, NOR HE TALKS TO ME IN THE SCHOOL BREAK. I DON'T FIND HIM IN BOOKS NEITHER IN THE ROCK OUTSIDE MY HOME. IN MY VIEW PHILOSOPHERS COINED THE WORD: "GOD" JUST TO BIND HUMANS IN ETHICAL BARRIERS OR TO MAKE THEM MORE SOCIAL BECAUSE HUMANS FEAR GOD WHEN THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG..........
pawanraj

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: you can win - by shiva khera
Favorite movie: 3 idiots
Things I like: philosophy, philosophy and philosophy
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 0

Re: THE EXISTENCE OF SUPER-INTELLIGENCE

Postby dermot » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:24 pm

To start with .....its not actually true to suggest everybody believes in God, there are some who simply dont?

The word God is just that...a word, it means different things to different people. To some its a word associated with Love, to others its associated with Fear.

To base any discussion around a word that has so many associations is going to lead to problems, because you are dealing with different interpretations of a ....word.

I think this is the problem though, we assume others have the same idea of what God is, and we argue and disagree about the theory of this and the theory of that. Too much time is spent discussing divisive matters, we look for reasons to believe this or disbelive that. We are in fact just exercising our minds, in doing that we stray from our hearts and miss the Truth of what we are ......thats what we need to connect with.

Spend time getting to know your own heart and God ..no matter what your God is ...will reveal himself/ herself / itself / self.

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:53 pm

pawanraj wrote:[i]....
BUT JUST LOOK THE PAIN AND SUFFERING THAT IS IN OUR WORLD TODAY. HOW CAN GOD LET ITS OWN CREATION UNDERGO SUCH MISERABLE CONDITION? DOESN'T HE LOVE HIS CREATION?? ...[/u]

Although I agree completely with every word Dermot has answered to this question( I could sign it as mine), I just want to answer to this part, which could be answered separated from the idea of God, whoever She/He/It is/means to you, me or others.
Parents also love their children. In spite of that it happens, and unfortunately quite often that children start seek problematic experiences which are connected with suffer, pain and miserable conditions. And in spite their love, parents are not always able to do anything or not much.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby mirjana » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 pm

dermot wrote:To start with .....its not actually true to suggest everybody believes in God, there are some who simply don't?

The word God is just that...a word, it means different things to different people. To some its a word associated with Love, to others its associated with Fear.

To base any discussion around a word that has so many associations is going to lead to problems, because you are dealing with different interpretations of a ....word.

I think this is the problem though, we assume others have the same idea of what God is, and we argue and disagree about the theory of this and the theory of that. Too much time is spent discussing divisive matters, we look for reasons to believe this or disbelieve that. We are in fact just exercising our minds, in doing that we stray from our hearts and miss the Truth of what we are ......that's what we need to connect with.

Spend time getting to know your own heart and God ..no matter what your God is ...will reveal himself/ herself / itself / self.

d.

Dear Dermot,
I have always liked your approach to things and the way how you present your thoughts. Still, lately there is something in your posts that has a kind of touch of a new YOU, a kind of a new certainty, so that each time when reading your answers I see you like a butterfly who has just left his cocoon and feel free and well. This is a very nice image connected with good vibrations of emotions and I am curious, does it only seem like that to me, or ...?
mirjana

Postby dermot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 pm

My dear Mirjana, you can truly read between the lines.....having said that its nice to know you can feel a difference. My life has turned a corner after a pretty terrible and uspetting happening which you know all about earlier this year.
Its early days, but life feels fresh and there are possibilities that some months ago i couldnt have dreamed about. All this is based on nothing other than my own well being......so nobody or nothing can take it away, and i wont give it away!

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Kudos: 52

Postby Xen » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:27 am

Salutations,

Please allow me to start by saying this will be my first post here with you all, on this forum. Philosophically speaking I was brought here tonight in search to help a friend ease a pain due to infractions in his love life. I sought a different mode and when I found out he had a thing for philosophy, which he never expressed before, I got the grand idea to Google 'Philosophers Forum' . As soon as the search went through I found this site at the top of the list. initially I found myself intrigued by what I consider to be good taste in a graphical interface. Long story short I found myself reading through some of the articles and after finding inciteful content I proceeded to direct my friend to this forum. But still intrigue beyond my initial fascination I happened upon this particular thread and caught myself smiling.

I simply love topics like this because like you said, Dermot, the term God has very many liberal interpretations. For some people god is the answer, for others it's their romantic interest (those deeply involved), and for others it's a word used to express disdain in less than appealing situations (Oh god, not again). Whatever the term really means all one can really deduce is that God is believed to be many things and thusly used in many ways. Whether or not this was intentional when the term was coined there is concrete evidence that in essence a super intelligent being of this caliber would certainly incite many wandering thoughts.

For me god is not a rife 'Sit-in-the-throne' over see-er who's only mission is boiled down to guiding good over evil. In my view God is both good and evil and this could be easily derived from the Christian, Muslim, and Jewish belief being that God created the devil; Beelzebub, or Lucifer; and thus had this sort of evil within. Now before I get carried away I'd just like to say that, to me, god is the creative capacity of this calculatory universe, which without any doubt, provides immense amount of detail that can be discovered through the distant horizons. We are all connected for one reason or another and it is my personal, very short & young, journey that I've come to feel that there are no coincidences. Life is a pool of vibration where everything is respondent to the sources around it. Even science, as limited as it is, explains this --> "Even the mere act of viewing a situation is form of participation which affects the outcome.'" Isn't it true you can feel somebodies eyes on you? ;)

Finally I'd like to say I think I found a new home for discussing the endless world of thought that swims in my head. For those of you coming to read this my name is Brandon and I am 20. I work as a security officer with the hopes of saving somebody someday. I am a simple man in the terms by which I live, but my mind is deeper than oceans breadth. Thanks for reading & I hope to have many great discussions with you folks. Until the next episode.

P.S.

Dear, Dermot

I have not been here more than an hour at this point, but I do recognize that you've said some very upsetting things have happened in the recent times. I will probably see about these events in the forums, but I hope that life is proving to bear more fruit for you. Many blessings in the road you walk.
Cherish this life; even if we have others; we will only experience life as we do now once. We cannot hope to replicate the finer details of our individual existence.
Xen

Favorite book: The Waterborn by Greg Keyes
Favorite movie: Howls Moving Castle
Things I like: I like to write, discover truth in the little things, look beautiful scenery, Talk with everyone, Find light in darkness, and many other things that I will eventually get in to.
State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 1

Postby Metatron » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:51 pm

As it was said above, the word has different interpretations. A being that is all powerful and all knowing can't possibly fall only under one image, right?

Although, I think from your post it is pretty much clear which version of god you're referring to (the loving heavenly father) so that's what I'll try to address. If you look at this world, you'll find that there is really only one basic, fundamental principle to it: opposites. You have everything and you have nothing and then you have their relationship. They mutually define each other. You can't have one without the other. Just like this world would fall apart if an electron didn't have it's proton, humanity would also be quite weird without the existence of 'evil' (I'm trying to use this word as loosely as possible).

I hate to say this (considering I'm quite heavily against religion, although not quite so against the idea of god) but the fact that bad things happen is a good support for the existence of god. Anything good that happens to you wouldn't be recognised as such if there wasn't something to put it against. 'Bad, wrong, evil' is a necessity and I think that's beautiful.

Think of negative emotions and happenings as a springboard that you use to leap to happiness.

Just so you know, ever since I've realized this my life has become so much better, in so many ways. I embrace sadness and depression when they come because I know they will make me see happiness when I bump into it. This principle is beautiful to me.

It is also a good support for free will (back to religion), which wouldn't exist if there wasn't a range to your ability to make decisions.

So in my opinion, what you brought up is actually a support FOR God.
Who the hell is it you try to impress?

All you have to do is learn to care less!
Metatron

State of Mind or Tendency: Sleepy
Kudos: 13

Postby MeThisGuy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:53 am

errrr....I love reading this but have no input of my own as I would go on quite the ramble. Good job peeps!
MeThisGuy

Favorite book: Tao Te Ching
Favorite movie: Fight Club
Things I like: everything that doesn't hurt...and some things that do. Whatever peaks my interest at the time. Nothing lasts and nothing is lost...
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 0

Postby mirjana » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to DS. It has been a noble search that has brought you here and your first post with your thoughts about God is also interesting. Although young as you said, you are aware of your path and it is great. I do believe that we shall enjoy more interesting posts from you. =0)
mirjana

Postby Xen » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:26 am

Salutations, Mirjana

Indeed, I do have plenty more for you and others to read through should any of you desire to be consumed by my thought. Though, the only problem is I usually take my sweet time in composiing a message. At heart I am a perfectionist, which in the long run is a horrid pursuit. But I will do my best to keep things simple as hard as that is for me at times..

If you'd like to glimpse a topic I started here is a link.

vivid-dreams-from-a-new-member--t1004.html

Also, I have consulted some of memories and I remember a very unique explanation I had for a lover of mine about 2 years ago. Though, we are longer together it still brings me back when I think of these words.

As I have stated god is a creative capacity and energy, as it were, on a basic level has some intelligence if not a great deal. Why do I say this? Science created a vacuum wherein they dispersed of all natural molecules in an air tight container to try and prove that life does not spontaneously form. They succeeded... for all of 17 seconds before energy starting accumulating in the vacuum once again out of thin 'air'. While this baffled scientists, and still does, it means one very important thing to me. - Life does not need a chance to create itself, the chance creates itself with an innate desire to exist. This also confirmed one of my deep philosophical beliefs which is as follows:

-->

1.) We all came from cosmic dust.

A. Stars formed from dust for no reason because of gravity that mysteriously bartered for power without reason.

B. These stars gravitated the dust around them and formed space debris such as asteroids, meteors, moons, and planets.

C. Remaining residue from all this creation, including the planets, formed us. As many scriptures have so wisely put it "From dust we came and so shall we return."

--->

Now having said all that I will tell you all what I told my EX and I quote;

"Life is a mysterious composition of desire. Energy, on a basic, level is comprised of sub-atomic - Atoms, nucleus, photons, electrons, positrons, etc..

Well, Energy wanted to be with energy so bad that on it's basic level it found gravity with an opposing molecule (negative and positive) that some how learned to desire this capacity for proximity it would eventually create the stars, cosmic dust, planets, and finally us. Energy rose from a basic level to become the complexities of emotion that are you and I so that we may become together as one. Just like our molecules did when they formed our bodies. We are a glimpse of a cosmic dream so infinitely complex that the simplicities that really definite us are over looked."

This to me is gods truest form; creative capacity that exists where nothing exists to make a gateway for creation. If you would like me to elaborate on any of this please let me know.
Cherish this life; even if we have others; we will only experience life as we do now once. We cannot hope to replicate the finer details of our individual existence.
Xen

Favorite book: The Waterborn by Greg Keyes
Favorite movie: Howls Moving Castle
Things I like: I like to write, discover truth in the little things, look beautiful scenery, Talk with everyone, Find light in darkness, and many other things that I will eventually get in to.
State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 1

Next

Return to Spirited Debate