The End of the Forum - A Proposal

By Sabina

Re: The End of the Forum - A Proposal

Postby mirjana » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi,
I am at home all the time, although it is sad that whenever I open the door of that home lately I can see that I am the one who is dominantly there. I love Deep Spirits and it has become a place of my daily visits accompanied with a joy of seeing other dear spirits with whom it has been interesting to share, learn, enrich...
But, it seems that even those of deep spirits who are against closing DS, just in this decisive time are not inspired to open new topic or to say anything else elsewhere except here in this topic, to do something that any host would do who defend the own home. And I have thought that this is OUR place, home for our spirits to evolve and explore.
Just this fact makes only easier Sabina and Ryan to stay by their primary thought and decision.
This beautiful gift that we, members of DS, have got has needed only one thing from us, to love it, to take care of it and be a part of that, not to neglect it or turn our back to it. Rejected love hurts.
And we have chosen to hurt that place of inspiration and sharing. That is why it seems logical that Sabina has got a thought to close DS Forum. Something which appears not to be loved and needed shouldn´t exist. Or…?
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby dermot » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi Mirjana, im a little uncomfortable with what you are saying about those of us posting on this topic ....not being active on the DS site.

Those posting on this topic have been
Sabina
Ryan
Louis
Mirjana
Dermot

For myself, i have been posting until i perceived that nobody was interested in responding. I do not think its the other way around.
If this situation is to be addressed, people need to accept responsibility for their own actions, before placing doubt on the participation of others.

That really is all im asking,

We all talked about debate before, now is the time..............?

The silence is deafening......

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby Ryan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 am

I am guilty... I apologized... I do not wish to point fingers at anyone. Things are how they are and people are how they are... so is life and life goes on.

My whole stand point is as I hoped to have explained earlier... maybe I didn't do a sufficient job?

I don't think anyone needs to explain their actions... or in this case... the lack there of. Or that anyone should feel guilty, or sorry... or anything. I cannot condemn anyone's actions when mine are just as "bad". In all actuality, even if the actions of myself with anyone else were equal it would be worse on my behalf because it is "my" forum. Yes, it was created for everyone not just me and in turn it is everyone's forum... not just mine. However, I didn't ask anyone if they wanted it, it is on my server, etc... I can shut it down, open it up, trash it, or save it... no one else can... that is why it is more mine than anyone's... and therefore my neglect is worse than anyone's. Which in turn is why... of course this is my own opinion... I can only be appreciative and thankful to anyone who participates, takes part, contributes... whatever... whenever... and however much they can and do, did, or will.

I don't think this is a bad place, I don't think it needs to be shut down, I don't think it needs to be replaced with a blogging system... I think the blogs could be a nice addition though... I think it may be appealing to some that might not find the forum interesting or maybe they could compliment each other?

I don't know... I know that I "love" (don't get all mushy... some of you I don't know that well... some of you I don't want to get to know that well... you all know who you are 80S ) you all and I hope that I can get back in here and kick up some dust when I have more time. I understand if other's are feeling a bit "out in the cold" and be just as depressed and sad as it is for those whom have put their energy into this place to breath life into it and get it all started.

I think we all deal with things the best we can and I believe all our hearts are in the right place. If we remember this and simply do our best... that's all that can be asked for... and what we should all appreciate in one another.

... anyway...

<3
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby Sabina » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:23 am

Loverly put Ryan..

Dermot, I am very interested and always have been!

As for Mirjana, she is not attacking, she is prompting/encouraging/trying to provoke. Something along those lines, and I am sure she means well.

I just read an essay which is very sad, so I will post a new topic and share it with you all so you can be sad too.
!

The forums are staying for now. Ok.

<3

Oh! And if you read something here... anything... anywhere.. and it makes an impression of any sort, do share please.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby dermot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 am

Cue the Simpsons Mr Burns........
Excellent

(whilst tipping the tops of his fingers together and wearing a manic half smile)

=0)
dermot

Postby mirjana » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Dear Dermot,
I am sorry if my post gave you such impression as this was not what I wanted. Besides, how could I when even by reading our posts (and my answers to yours), you must know that I consider you the same as I consider myself, as one who loves and does care for DS. It must be my English, (not my mother´s tongue) as I only wanted to say that even those who took part in this topic (I did meant you, me, Ryan as well, who obviously care) didn´t start something elsewhere in order to awake a dormant situation. After that I opened new topic in order to show what I meant.
Besides your face, in the meantime so familiar, your music and your post, especially in DS Breeze is one of my motivations to visit DS each day to see what´s new there.
=0)

I am very happy that forum stays. <3 Good decisiomn Sabina.
I gave you Kudos for your answer Ryan.
And I agree with each word you said.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby dermot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Mirjana thank you for clarifying that, it would have hurt me to be considered one who let the DS forums down.
My essential point was simply that this site, would not be what it is without R, S, and M, you people are the reason it works. Take that dynamic away and the site becomes a shelter.

I suppose for me that means that if Ryan and Sabina cannot give it attention, then yes that probably means it wont work. I dont doubt for a moment that anyone would want that to happen, lets just enjoy it while we can.

Thanks again........
d.
dermot

Previous

Return to DS Chronicle