The Emblem of David

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

The Emblem of David

Postby amandrea » Fri May 20, 2011 12:45 am

King David of the Christian Holy Bible started out as a simple shepherd. As such it is possible that he was additionally a bee keeper. Not being in an occupation that required literacy he would not have been able to read and write. He would still need to mark his property and identify himself for such tasks as paying taxes and engaging in other social and financial transactions. For this purpose he well might have chosen as his identifying emblem a rendition of a piece of honeycomb. Because the heavens were the abode of gods and other supernatural creatures, symbols pertaining to them or their celestial domain would have been reserved to the upper classes; those favored by and even related to such denizens as dwelt there. A common shepherd would not be allowed to use, and it would probably be illegal for him to do so, anything that could be connected to the firmament as his totem or emblem.
David’s rise to king would have cause consternation among the courtly and priestly classes. In a stable society these people would have occupied their professional niches of astrologer, mathematician, priest and so forth for generations, passing the secrets of their methods and knowledge from father to son. The necessary small size of this elite group required them to participate in foreign delegations and the receiving of foreign embassies as the principle means of interacting with their peers. By this socialization they further developed an institutionalized a sense of self-importance and learned ideas that were not always in compliance with the beliefs of the unwashed masses beneath them. Having a common shepherd for a king would have then been an embarrassment and they would have felt antagonistic towards him. An attempt would have been made to upgrade and stylize his emblem to ease their anguish. In drawing this emblem, a discovery would have been made. Within the honeycomb was a star! A sign from the heavens that David was the chosen of God! This would have been flattering to the king’s ego and helped to legitimize his reign while allowing the courtiers to hold their head up again in their international relationships and intercourse. In The Land of Milk and Honey, God would favor as King not the astrologer with delusions of grandeur but rather the humble bee keeper.
amandrea

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Flashman
Favorite movie: Last of the Mohecans
Things I like: Honeybees
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 1

Re: The Emblem of David

Postby mirjana » Fri May 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Welcome to DS amandrea =0)
These are interesting speculation and therefore there are some questions:
- How did you come to these ideas?
- What is your standpoint regarding this information?
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby amandrea » Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 pm

I made the observation that the shape of the Star of David was contained in honey comb while working with my honey bees. This being my favorite spot to sit and read and think I did this about the shape in the honey comb and applied my knowledge of culture and civilzation.

Interestingly, thinking about the organization and origin of the bee colony I came to the conclusion that there is a biological explaination for some instances of homosexuality. I posted this on a social web site and had two people misunderstand what I said and accused me of saying homosexuals were child molesting perverts.
amandrea

Postby mirjana » Sat May 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Thank you for the answer. =0) I like your approach to things you have shown here so far. NIce to have you as a DS member.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Metatron » Mon May 23, 2011 10:23 am

Intriguing observation :) Although what caught my attention was your ideas on homosexuality. Could you elaborate please?
Who the hell is it you try to impress?

All you have to do is learn to care less!
Metatron

State of Mind or Tendency: Sleepy
Kudos: 13

Postby amandrea » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Observations at the Beehive
The difference between a worker bee and a Queen is nutrition. A queen gets fed a better diet, one consisting of more royal jelly, while in the pupa stage and thus emerges fully mature. The worker gets less and thus emerges with a less mature body. This strikes me as unnatural, a perversion of nature to not allow your young to mature. What could have caused it? An inferior diet suggests severe and prolonged environmental stress and deprivation.
Among animals in nature, a response to severe and prolonged environmental stress is to reduce their population thus creating less demand for reduced resources. In an experiment with rats placed in a deprived environment they did just that. The sex drive being too strong to turn off it became diverted and many became homosexual. In addition to this some became infertile and others cannibalistic with many acquiring more than one symptom. This indicates that there are natural homosexuals, individuals who are born with a predisposition in different strengths to become so. It can then be considered a type of birth defect unless there is an environmental cause. Under such a scenario there would be a rapid increase in the occurrence of homosexuality and in such numbers that society would have to change and accept it as a viable life style. Viewed as a biologically induced tendency child molestation can be considered a type of cannibalism that cannot be controlled or corrected but would be much harder to gain acceptance.
Because the beehive is a cooperative community requiring a certain population according to the season, reducing the population below needed numbers would mean the death of the community. Not allowing the young to mature would reduce the number of hives and the demand for food by the individual colony. In this way the perceived perversion is explained as a survival of the species mechanism as is homosexuality.
amandrea

Postby paradigmwell » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:34 pm

So you're saying a cause of being born gay is inferior pre-natal diet..? This is interesting to think about. It may be important to note that there is a marked difference in female and male brains and often gay or trans-sexual males have more feminine brains. Genital development, also, can be deformed in some other cases and is usually dependent on the amount of testosterone supplied to the developing fetus. This is what I've heard, at least, I'm not pretending to be an expert.
paradigmwell

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: the Quran
Favorite movie: Gladiator
Things I like: criticism and analysis
Kudos: 0

Return to Spirited Debate