That 'Dirty' Word

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: That 'Dirty' Word

Postby mirjana » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Of course not. =0@
I thought that is clear as the whole subject was about the relationship between woman and man.
Sex for me is the way Love has found to express its passion.
It is not simple, because each of these words could be a study for itself separately because each of them has existence for itself.
But, my choice is not to look at them separately but to see and live them as united.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:52 pm

The subject is not about the relationship between women and men, it is about sex. Not the same thing. There aren't only heterosexual sexual relationships, lol

Mirjana wrote:Sex for me is the way Love has found to express its passion.

Yes... and that can still mean something other than what you mean by it... that's what I'm trying to say. You don't only feel love for your partner, right? So what is the difference?
That's where the question about society and its relevance pertaining to morals, etc. comes into place.
You said your choice is to not look at the words separately, but to see and live them as united.
That's fine, I am not suggesting to separate the words. They are united, they are one.
Now, what stops any of us from 'making love' to everyone we feel love for?

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Sabina wrote:The subject is not about the relationship between women and men, it is about sex. Not the same thing. There aren't only heterosexual sexual relationships, lol

Yes, you are right, but in these cases it is again connected with love, or at least I see it like this.
My answer about this subject(sex) is connected with love who ever is involved. I can imagine that when younger and when hormones are working stronger , love can be an illusion one dresses personal need to experience physical pleasure connected with sex.

"Pleasure is a freedom song,
But it is not freedom.
It is the blossoming of your desires,
But it is not their fruit.
It is a depth calling unto a height,
But it is not the deep nor the high.
It is the caged taking wing,
But it is not space encompassed.
And your body is the harp of your soul,
And it is yours to bring forth sweet music from it or confused sounds."

Khalil Gibran
Sabina wrote:You said your choice is to not look at the words separately, but to see and live them as united.
That's fine, I am not suggesting to separate the words. They are united, they are one.
Now, what stops any of us from 'making love' to everyone we feel love for?Sabina

Only when my inner music is awaken and it is connected with so many vibrations, then my soul recognize the inspiration for all expressions it has to become one with this inspiring force.
Such kind of love is not possible to feel for everyone. It is special vibrational connection. I think that each of us knows what kind of notes make the soul to feel so inspired to unite all three, love, passion and sex.

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby theadvertheretic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:24 am

Sex: An act of copulation.

Do you think the same when you are in the very same act?

It is because how you elevate to that situation. Similarly, there are many instances where people go by the way that a word or an instance sound. Sex, is the precise description to the pact of intimacy.

Sex for me is the way Love has found to express its passion.
- Mirjana.

A very apt quote to what love-making is in the very sense.
Love making is a spritual contraption when you lease the life-force within you and share it as an appreciation.

Sabina, is very clever though but she has quite rightly stated -
So do you mean the 'limitations' or 'rules' of a monogamous relationship?
Is that something that is imposed by society's standards or is it a choice? Or both?

Yes, very much we have traversed the path to not choose a polygamous relationship. It is so because we have had looked at the distraction of the act of sexual intimacy rather than seeing the difference between the distraction and the sublime sense of it.

Distraction - What is the distraction? 80|

Distraction is the chaos that the mind embroils in the retention of the sexual urges. Where I do not take courting as a very chauvinistic idea.

Which Dermot has put it rightly -
When you choose to put emotions in dark hiding places they become contaminated.

What you have to realize is that much of the sexual propulsion is through acknowledgement of sight. "Magik" is a similar propulsion but it is not through our very basic senses. =0o

So then what is Sex?

Sex is that strife where you wish to evade the very stance of the current consciousness plane and reach a better state of being where you are to enjoy the real enlightenment of the very transcendental nature.

"A strife to be a human and a battle to be a man" =0@ kidding.

Enjoy your love-making.

Love,
Maheep <3
महीप

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
theadvertheretic

State of Mind or Tendency: Adventurous - male
Kudos: 7

Postby GenerousGeorge » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Dermot........ I will never forgive you! =0o Now remind me what it was you were forgiving me for. =0o

Sex is such a difficult subject to be honest with yourself about. For sure there is a big "physical attraction" component involved. However, there is so much more to it than just that. For me the persons spirit and zest for life in general is a big part of sexual attraction. That is why the more of an intimate relationship of sharing many experiences, feelings emotions often develops into a sexual attraction because of wanting to "know" that other person more in every way.

Maybe that is self serving thinking and in addition society formally frowns on non-fidelity ........ not to mention all the other problems that arise from sex with "unauthorized" significant others....... the balance sheet makes the trade off not very appealing in the long run.

I had an experience long ago with a person I found physically attractive. We dated a few times and I was quite attracted to her individuality, spirit and zest for life. In due course we ended up in bed together and I made a rather remarkable discovery that she had not always been a she! =0o

Never mind how that became apparent 80S but it was not the most obvious way. It was on the way to the most obvious way that set of alarm bells and I had to kind of excuse my self for the evening. I still stayed friends with her, she was a jewelry designer, (in a different life was a stock broker) but was not happy and had the courage to change EVERYTHING about her life. (I still regarded her as "her") but the "spell" was broken and our friendship was then different than it had been before or might have developed into.

I'm not sure what that all has to do with this subject, but I offer it as food for thought. 80S
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Postby Sabina » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 pm

First of all, George, thank you for sharing that story with us. You are wonderful. =0)

theadvertheretic wrote:Sex is that strife where you wish to evade the very stance of the current consciousness plane and reach a better state of being where you are to enjoy the real enlightenment of the very transcendental nature.

GenerousGeorge wrote:That is why the more of an intimate relationship of sharing many experiences, feelings emotions often develops into a sexual attraction because of wanting to "know" that other person more in every way.

Mirjana wrote:Such kind of love is not possible to feel for everyone. It is special vibrational connection. I think that each of us knows what kind of notes make the soul to feel so inspired to unite all three, love, passion and sex.

I am sure we all, me included, have our beautiful definitions of what sex is to us. Mirjana, what I attempted to do, possibly unsuccessful, was to open that subject up to exploration beyond the preconceived definitions. George said "Sex is such a difficult subject to be honest with yourself about ", and he may be right.

What if we changed the word "sex" to "sensuality"? To having sensual feelings towards another human being. Would that change anything, or is it the same thing?

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Ryan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Before you turn this into a discussion about sensuality as opposed to sex I would like to toss in my two sexy cents...

Sex for me is simply a means to reproduce. I think that sex, as an act, has been twisted into something more in order to excuse our obsessions with it. I do not get so much physical pleasure out of it but I get more pleasure from the emotional and or co-mingling of energy/spirits/souls and through giving pleasure. However! I can get that in ways other than having sex... and a lot of times I can experience these feelings more amplified through those other ways in comparison to those feelings from sex.

Granted... my feelings toward sex maybe under affect of my experiences where I have been in relationships that were completely based upon sex. My conclusions as a result of these relationships are that they lacked substance... if you take away the sex there was nothing. What good is a roll in the hay if I can get the same fulfillment through other means that actually have substance? To my logics it is just to reproduce... and while still pleasurable (in whatever means) it isn't all that it is cracked up or presented to be.

If more were to view sex as a means to reproduce and search other means to find the fulfillment they currently try to get from sex there would be a wider scale of "good deeds" towards every person on the street. I mean, if you think about the masses that are going through great lengths to "get with someone" to achieve these feelings they have while having sex, regardless of the social and moral restrictions, and they were to find out that they can get those same feelings by giving pleasure to a complete stranger on the street... and they can do it 20 times just on their way to work alone... Wow! What a world it would be... but... maybe it is fear, greed, selfishness, the need to rebel, their own shame, or lack of self value that pushes people towards achieving these states in dark rooms and in privacy rather than open aired expressions of love toward every individual they meet... I don't know... just a thought...

To sum it all up, it has been my experience that while sex is an intimate, enjoyable and enlightening act it is given too much importance and that there are ways to connect with people regardless of gender, marital status... or whatever... that are possibly even more pleasurable and enlightening than sex...
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby theadvertheretic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Ryan, what an opening before the closure.
Brilliantly done. ;0)
महीप

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
theadvertheretic

State of Mind or Tendency: Adventurous - male
Kudos: 7

Postby mirjana » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Ryan wrote:...
To sum it all up, it has been my experience that while sex is an intimate, enjoyable and enlightening act it is given too much importance and that there are ways to connect with people regardless of gender, marital status... or whatever... that are possibly even more pleasurable and enlightening than sex...

Ryan, I agree with most of your answer, but these final words could be mine. =0) As Maheep said, great summary.
George wrote:Sex is such a difficult subject to be honest with yourself about. For sure there is a big "physical attraction" component involved. However, there is so much more to it than just that. For me the person’s spirit and zest for life in general is a big part of sexual attraction. That is why the more of an intimate relationship of sharing many experiences, feelings emotions often develops into a sexual attraction because of wanting to "know" that other person more in every way.

Thank you for sharing the story. Your words in quote are very close to my understanding.
Sabina wrote:What if we changed the word "sex" to "sensuality"? To having sensual feelings towards another human being. Would that change anything, or is it the same thing?

As usually Sabina, you have a good feeling for the moment and change, restless =0)

Thank you all for this nice and inspiring talk.
Mirjana
mirjana

Postby dermot » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 pm

George you are very Frank.

I think there is a division here in terms of some members are talking about sex as a 'why not' issue, whilst others are talking about fulfillment etc.
Ryans assertion that spending time being open towards other people is completely admirable to me, and we i suppose should all strive to show love towards others in ways that dont immediately give us a kick back. In fact doing random acts of kindness is probably the most effective way of feeding our own desire for happiness.

Does anyone want to argue for or against the idea that sex could or should be an exchange without loss, maybe best found with a friend, but without carrying the enormous emotional charge that comes with expectation of long term commitment?
dermot
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate