Super Brain Yoga...

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Super Brain Yoga...

Postby ubermensch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 am

I am always looking for ways to become smarter and if there is something I can do physically to aid myself mentally I will try it . So here is a video I recently watched on YOUTUBE about a simple 3 minute exercise that has registered some surprising results. I can not seem to upload a video here so here is the link for the vid.... happy to hear if anyone has any experience with this and if you do try would love to know what you think after 30 days of daily practice . Ill be posting my results back here on April 10 .
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Re: Super Brain Yoga...

Postby mirjana » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:22 pm

Thank you. =0)It seems very effective and definitely worth trying it.
Here it is:

mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:20 am

Cool, thank you for sharing this!
It seems too simple to not give it a try.

You are supposed to do the same exercise for 3 minutes, right?

I definitely look forward to hearing more about your results after the 30 day session and... mine may be here as well.
;0)

PS: As for adding YouTube videos, see these two topics:
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby ubermensch » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:53 am

[quote="Sabina"]Cool, thank you for sharing this!
It seems too simple to not give it a try.
I know the reward seems greater than the effort you would have to put in . Not too many practices I run across like that.
You are supposed to do the same exercise for 3 minutes, right?
It looks like they aren't definite on a specific time. I saw 3 minutes, heard 5 minutes, then the chart showing the brain showed after 15 minutes at the top of the page. I've started at 3 minutes a day these last 2 days and I am just going to work up to 15 minutes over the next 4 weeks and see how it goes.
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions

Postby ubermensch » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks a bunch Mirjana. Its much appreciated. =0)
ubermensch

Postby ubermensch » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:18 pm

A very late update on super brain yoga . Well im not sold on super brain yoga , although my legs are in much better shape now than when I started . 15 minutes of squats is not an easy task , in fact I didnt even make it to 15 minutes, but did do slow squats for 5-10 minutes . Definitely didnt feel the shift in consciousness like you get after a good session of meditation . Nor did I feel like i was anymore right brained than left brained.. With that said , Im not sure what I expected. Clarity of thought ? I think I have that for the most part . Better ideas ? I could always use more , but didnt notice any . I suppose if someone was suffering from the disorders on the video you might see a noticeable difference. I however did not ....
ubermensch

Postby Sabina » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:10 am

Thank you for posting the update!
So you really went through with it for a whole month?!
I must admit I didn't even start... and may never do so. Doing squats every day sounds cool though. I'm sure we would all feel the difference in that regard fairly soon... :)
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Spirited Debate