Subconscious Activities & Mind Control

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Subconscious Activities & Mind Control

Postby Sabina » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Unconscious activities
a.k.a
Subconscious activities
(See the difference between subconscious and unconscious)

Ubermensch has mentioned subconscious activities in another topic (sub-conscious ...dreams) which brought up the ever-fascinating topic of mind control. So, here is a little more about the connection between the two.

First however, I must point out the following.
Wikipedia wrote:Mind control (also known as brainwashing, coercive persuasion, mind abuse, thought control, or thought reform) refers to a process in which a group or individual "systematically uses unethically manipulative methods to persuade others to conform to the wishes of the manipulator(s), often to the detriment of the person being manipulated". The term has been applied to any tactic, psychological or otherwise, which can be seen as subverting an individual's sense of control over their own thinking, behavior, emotions or decision making.

That's a very negative definition indeed! I can't argue this definition, though mind control can definitely refer to something else as well, and that is the ability to control one's own mind.
The methods need neither be unethical nor manipulative. It's not about conforming either.. so it's, all considered, a completely different thing.

The following information is from Peter J. Carroll's book "Liber Null".

__1__

MIND CONTROL

To work magic effectively, the ability to concentrate the attention must be built up until the mind can enter a trance-like condition. This is accomplished in a number of stages: absolute motionlessness of the body, regulation of the breathing, stopping of thoughts, concentration on sound, concentration on objects, and concentration on mental images.

Motionlessness
Arrange the body in any comfortable position and try to remain in that position for as long as possible. Try not to blink or move the tongue or fingers or any part of the body at all. Do not let the mind run away on long trains of thought but rather observe oneself passively. What appeared to be a comfortable position may become agonizing with time, but persist! Set aside some time each day for this practice and take advantage of any opportunity of inactivity which may arise.
Record the results in the magical diary. One should not be satisfied with less than five minutes. When fifteen have been achieved, proceed to regulation of the breathing.

Breathing
Stay as motionless as possible and begin to deliberately make the breathing slower and deeper. The aim is to use the entire capacity of the lungs but without any undue muscular effort or strain. The lungs may be held empty or full between exhalation and inhalation to lengthen the cycle. The important thing is that the mind should direct its complete attention to the breath cycle. When this can be done for thirty minutes, proceed to not-thinking.

Not-Thinking
The exercises of motionlessness and breathing may improve health, but they have no other intrinsic value aside from being a preparation for not-thinking, the beginnings of the magical trance condition. While motionless and breathing deeply, begin to withdraw the mind from any thoughts which arise. The attempt to do this inevitably reveals the mind to be a raging tempest of activity. Only the greatest determination can win even a few seconds of mental silence, but even this is quite a triumph. Aim for complete vigilance over the arising of thoughts and try to lengthen the periods of total quiescence. Like the physical motionlessness, this mental motionlessness should be practiced at set times and also whenever a period of inactivity presents itself. The results should be recorded in your diary.

The Magical Trances
Magic is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will. The will can only become magically effective when the mind is focused and not interfering with the will. The mind must first discipline itself to focus its entire attention on some meaningless phenomenon. If an attempt is made to focus on some form of desire, the effect is short circuited by lust of result. Egotistical identification, fear of failure, and the reciprocal desire not to achieve desire, arising from our dual nature, destroy the result.
Therefore, when selecting topics for concentration, choose subjects of no spiritual, egotistical, intellectual, emotional, or useful significance — meaningless things.

Object Concentration
The legend of the evil-eye derives from the ability of wizards and sorcerers to give a fixed dead stare. This ability can be practiced against any object — a mark on a wall, something in
the distance, a star in the night sky — anything. To hold an object with an absolutely fixed, unwavering gaze for more than a few moments proves extraordinarily difficult, yet it must be
persisted in for hours at a time. Every attempt by the eye to distort the object, every attempt by the mind to find something else to think of, must be resisted. Eventually it is possible to
extract occult secrets from things by this technique, but the ability must be developed by working with meaningless objects.

Sound Concentration
The part of the mind in which verbal thoughts arise is brought under magical control by concentration on sounds mentally imagined. Any simple sound of one or more syllables
is selected, for example, Aum or Om, Abrahadabra, Yod He Vau He, Aum Mani Padme Hum, Zazas Zazas, Nasatanada Zazas. The chosen sound is repeated over and over in the mind to block all other thoughts. No matter how inappropriate the choice of sound may seem to have been, you must persist with it. Eventually the sound may seem to repeat itself automatically and may even occur in sleep. These are encouraging signs.
Sound concentration is the key to words of power and certain forms of spell casting.

Image Concentration
The part of the mind in which pictorial thoughts arise is brought under magical control by image concentration. A simple shape, such as a triangle, circle, square, cross, or crescent, is chosen and held in the mind's eye, without distortion, for as long as possible. Only the most determined efforts are likely to make the imagined form persist for any time. At first the image should be sought with the eyes closed. With practice it can be projected onto any blank surface. This technique is the basis of casting sigils and creating independent thought forms.
The three methods of attaining magical trance will only yield results if pursued with the most fanatical and morbid determination. These abilities are highly abnormal and usually inaccessible to human consciousness, as they demand such inhuman concentration, but the rewards are great. In the magical diary, record each day's formal work and whatever extra opportunities have been utilized. No page should be left blank.

And then comes Metamorphosis...

__14__

"Everything works by magic; science represents a small domain of magic where coincidences have a relatively high probability of occurrence."

~Peter Carroll

That's a lovely quote. B0)
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Subconscious Activities & Mind Control

Postby ubermensch » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:59 pm

WOW Sabina... this is great stuff. Thanks for posting . =0)
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Postby mirjana » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Beautifully said. Thank you for posting this, Sabina. =0)

Motionlessness and Breathing are also part of Breathing Meditation and it is beautiful and healthy relaxation technique.

Not-Thinking, The Magical Trances, Object Concentration and Sound Concentration are all parts of Gnostic Intensive Technique.
And yes, he is so much right, as it really brings Metamorphosis.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby StarofDavid » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Dear Sabina, after reading your post on Subconscious activities and Mind Control, I believe that I am a victim of this. I believe that someone I once knew is right now mind controlling me. I am experiencing all kinds of things such as mind control, tactile sensations that run throughout my physical body.
I am deeply disturbed and depressed by all of this behavior. What do you make of such things as I have described above? Thanks
StarofDavid

Favorite book: I dont have a favorite book
Favorite movie: Snow white and the hunstman
Things I like: I enjoy learning about the new age movement, using audio books, computers, houseboating, doing things on the weekends.
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

Postby mirjana » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 pm

StarofDavid wrote:Dear Sabina, after reading your post on Subconscious activities and Mind Control, I believe that I am a victim of this. I believe that someone I once knew is right now mind controlling me. I am experiencing all kinds of things such as mind control, tactile sensations that run throughout my physical body.
I am deeply disturbed and depressed by all of this behavior. What do you make of such things as I have described above? Thanks

Hi Starofdavid, welcome to DS!
I am sure that Sabina will answer you question, but, although not asked, =0) , there is something I like to address too.
The first part of Sabina's post and manipulative influences I understood more on the global level of institutional manipulation(brainwashing). As about evil eye, it is not so much said in this text and it caught your attention the most. It seems to me that you give the power to someone, making this imagination to become your reality. Actually you didn't say much about that why you think so.
My thoughts go in the following direction:
- read the whole text one more time and concentrate on these parts where benefits of self mind control are described so that you can use it for your benefit;
-when you yourself concentrate on that negative thought and feeling that somebody else is controlling your mind, you will make this to vanish;
-by using all described techniques you will be able to reach the stabile state of consciousness in which you will not feel threatened.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:17 am

Mind control refers to controlling one's own mind.
Nobody can control you if you don't let them. Read the introductory text to my original post, it's nicely explained right there, at the very top.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Mysticism