sub-conscious ...dreams

Exploring psychology, sociology, social studies and experiments, applied psychology, education & pedagogy, personality psychology.

sub-conscious ...dreams

Postby ubermensch » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:16 am

Last winter I was practicing a type of meditation where I would watch my breath through out the course of the day. I was not able to perform this all day long , but whenever i realized the mind was not on the breath I would return it there. A lot of times there were thoughts in the background with the breath at the forefront . I seemed to have a sharp increase in the number of dreams I was having and the ability to remember them seemed easier. I eventually slowed down and all but stopped the breathing exercise (outside of meditation) when summer started and I became busy with other things. The dreams did eventually go from every night to once every couple days . I was wondering if anyone has any information on if increasing awareness of sub conscious activities i.e. breathing , blinking, also increases a dreams vividness. In my mind it kind of makes sense that they would being that dreams, blinking ,and breathing are relatively sub conscious activities. Wanted to hear if anyone else has personal experience or material they can share. Thanks in advance.
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Re: sub-conscious ...dreams

Postby Sabina » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:04 pm

ubermensch wrote:... I was wondering if anyone has any information on if increasing awareness of sub conscious activities i.e. breathing , blinking, also increases a dreams vividness. In my mind it kind of makes sense that they would being that dreams, blinking ,and breathing are relatively sub conscious activities. Wanted to hear if anyone else has personal experience or material they can share. Thanks in advance.

I know mastering those (and other) simple activities is a prerequisite for practicing magic. B0)

I am quite serious.
Does that help? =0/
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby ubermensch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:02 pm

It most definitely does. Thanks . I can tell somewhere inside me there is something to being aware of these activities that get taken for granted of by 99% of the population. Sometimes I need that added affirmation to remove that little voice of doubt that says " this is stupid , lets get something to eat".
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Postby Sabina » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:42 pm

PS: Here is a little more information on subconscious activities. =0)
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Psychology