Speed of Life

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Speed of Life

Postby mirjana » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Some repeating injuries that I had experienced lately have brought me to this topic. The repetition was enough strong sign for me to try to find out the message behind and I did it. As a result of that personal introspective research I came to this topic and some thoughts I wanted to share here.
I have always been a type who was able to do many things in a short period of time, efficient and fast. With time, it became a kind of self understanding that everything I do must be done fast and efficient and of course, although it seemed natural and relatively easy to me, on unconscious level my being reacted with some protective measures trying to warn me to slow down. Obviously I haven’t paid enough attention to these signals, and they increased in numbers, so that I couldn’t ignore them anymore. Thinking about all that, there are some thoughts that crossed my mind.
When we run we breathe stronger and faster as we need more air for the same period of time than when we are sitting. We need or we spend more energy when being in hurry or speeding our doings than during some calm and well controlled actions. When we are in hurry, what we do is running after time and this way giving great importance to the time. The same time we know that time is one of limitations of this world of reality, which is illusion because our awareness of it changes depending on that if that what we do is that what we like and enjoy or not.

__9__

Then I remembered the story of Honoree Balzac “The Magic Skin”.

It is a story about the piece of, size of a fox's skin with the mark of the seal which is in the East called Solomon's Signet. The mysterious talisman words were Sanskrit, and read as follows:
Possessing me, thou shall possess all things.
But thy life is mine, for God has so willed it.
Wish, and thy wishes shall be fulfilled;
But measure thy desires, according
To the life that is in thee.
This is thy life,
With each wish I must shrink
Even as thy own days.
Wilt thou have me? Take me.
God will hearken unto thee.
So be it!

Who would have it that one would conclude the fateful contract proposed by an unknown force which is that the wishes of the owner will be accurately fulfilled, but at the expense of her or his life. The compass of the owner’s days visible in that skin will contract according to the strength and number of the owner’s desires, from the least to the most extravagant. The Brahman from whom the skin came into the merchant’s shop had explained to him that it would bring about a mysterious connection between the fortunes and wishes of its possessor.
From the time I have the first time met this story it fascinated me with the message I became aware during reading it.
__9__

So, when I put these two thoughts together, I realized that the way we live is our magic skin that spends the energy given to us to live it. If we had got a certain amount of energy when we came into this life, then the time of using it can be faster or slower and depending on that, our life can be longer or shorter.
Fast living- faster breathing- more energy- faster time- shorter life
In that moment I realized the importance of meditation which drops our breathing to the very slow, controls our thoughts and diminishes our desires, saves our energy and therefore prolongs our life.
Meditation- slower breathing- less spent energy- longer time-longer life

The whole message for me was not to ignore meditation and to give more time to that. I am aware of all the benefits and when I used to be disciplined and meditated daily I felt great and healthy and it was an easy going way for doing everything I wanted to do. The words “must” and “I should” or “I need to” disappeared from my vocabulary and the model of thinking.
To be more efficient, which means faster, is the same as driving certain distance instead of two hours, one hour and 45 minutes. Not much time is gained, and even this gain is not important, but because of that hurry one or more lives can be lost.
I have learned my lesson and do hope that some of my personal realizations will help some of you to slow down too.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Speed of Life

Postby Sabina » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Mirjana, those are nice thoughts. I have enjoyed your conclusions as well, even though I don't agree with all of them. Being fast doesn't necessarily mean "fast living". It simply means I can do things at that speed, so I do them.
Other things, like journeys for instance, fall into a completely different category - again, for me. On a journey it is not just about reaching a destination, but rather about the journey itself and I usually enjoy every aspect of it.
Some things in life are not as enjoyable so there is no need to stretch them out...
It doesn't affect my quality of work, so why shouldn't I be fast, if I can?

That is not to say that the simplest things in life can be enjoyed in the same way as the journey can. Washing dishes, working with plants,.. lots of things can be so relaxing.

Mirjana wrote:If we had got a certain amount of energy when we came into this life, then the time of using it can be faster or slower and depending on that, our life can be longer or shorter.

That idea, taken to an extreme, basically means that if we sleep and meditate all the time, then imagine what long lives we will live.
B0)

Some people don't have many thoughts of their own, some have quite a few, some have things running through their heads all the time.
I don't think these things are coincidental... and I also believe that neglecting one's gifts is one of the few truly sinful things one can do.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Sabina wrote:That idea, taken to an extreme, basically means that if we sleep and meditate all the time, then imagine what long lives we will live.
B0)

Of course , it sounds logical. Still, every thought when taken to the extreme could be put in the pointless frame. Actually, I am thankful for the video you posted, as my thoughts were around that.
Sabina wrote:Some people don't have many thoughts of their own, some have quite a few, some have things running through their heads all the time.
I don't think these things are coincidental... and I also believe that neglecting one's gifts is one of the few truly sinful things one can do.

I am not sure I understood these lines. =0( Could you help me with few additional thoughts?
mirjana

Postby Sabina » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Sabina wrote:Some people don't have many thoughts of their own, some have quite a few, some have things running through their heads all the time.

mirjana wrote:I am not sure I understood these lines. =0( Could you help me with few additional thoughts?

It just means that we shouldn't neglect or discard any of our gifts or talents.
If it is your gift to be fast, then don't throw it away. If on a particular day your body is signaling you to slow down, then slow down...
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks =0) I didn't understand it, good that I asked.
You are also right. The fact that I am fast is a part of my nature. But, slowing down from time to time is not bad, and I was not very good in that. It wouldn't be bad to slow down before something happen so that I have to figure that out of it. Prevention instead a cure.
mirjana

Return to Mysticism