So, whats it all about REALLY????

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

So, whats it all about REALLY????

Postby dermot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:42 pm

I suppose i'm like most people, i have an idea of what life is about, but this changes with new information, new understanding, new insight etc.

This is a really fundamental question though, what do you think 'Life' is about?

Lets not cloud the question with too much spiritual thinking, or new age philosophy, because this can create ambivalence and the question goes unanswered ......what i'm looking for is the fundamental answer to the question posed, your fundamental answer?

Does the answer change as you get older.....or have you been looking for the same 'reason' in your life all along?

What would you lose......to find your Truth?

How far would you wander from your comfort zone to embrace your Truth?

What happens to you......if you have a passion for Truth and you dont follow it?

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Re: So, whats it all about REALLY????

Postby Sabina » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Dear Dermot,

I saw your question early this afternoon and have had the "Post a reply" window open all day today.......
I am not even sure if I understood your question exactly as you meant it, but I did have an immediate thought and a resulting answer. My answer has always been the same, by the way, any changes through time are merely variations on this answer, you know?

And yet I didn't answer right away. The reason were your questions at the end of the post:
dermot wrote:What would you lose......to find your Truth?

How far would you wander from your comfort zone to embrace your Truth?

What happens to you......if you have a passion for Truth and you dont follow it?

What is life about?
In one short answer, for me, life is about love. About finding it and living it.
I have found it, I do live it, and yet I am nostalgic sometimes because something is still missing. That mysterious something is friendship.
I do have friends but we are all very busy. I am busy all the time, so I can't really complain, but it seems wrong, as in, it doesn't feel right. That's not how life is supposed to be.

I've been quite consumed by this feeling lately.

"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby dermot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:15 pm

Sabina, i agree that Love is the reason.......to live, to stay with that feeling, bring it to all areas of our lives, and practise it within all relationships, friendships etc. That feeling of Love needs to be held most of all ....for oneself also?

What you say about frienships is interesting, i do feel that community, or belonging is important ..to feel part of a group....to interact lovingly with others is key.

So much of life is about compromise, we have to juggle commitments, choose one passion over another, and lots of the time we give something away that we would not choose to if we were mindful of the choice we were making?

It seems all very unsatisfying, and lots of spiritual practise suggests we spend more and more of our time in isolation, being alone in silent meditation for example.
Im wondering which is the greater challenge, to be with oneself alone, or to truly live with Love among our group?

.......yeah i know...more questions!

d.
dermot

Postby mirjana » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Dear Dermot,
It is great that you put us in the situation to think about these questions and find our answers.
I think that life is about that to find the way toward self, to accept, love and appreciate all aspects of personal character, to be well and comfortable with self on the way of developing the understanding /awareness about the ways of personal responses to life challenges and experiences . I think that as closer we are to that we are able to love others more in all possible relationships and without any shadows. As it is a life lasting goal, the tool that helps the most on that path is love. Giving love and being aware when receiving it, helps in developing the better understanding of self and loving self. It liberates our true being to give more of the true love. This interaction is for me the main stream of living and as older I am more convinced I am about it.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby mirjana » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Dear Sabina,
I do understand your feelings and this song supports them very well. Maybe to listen it less when you are in such a mood? =0/
I think that you belong to not a huge number of people who can say the following two sentences:
"I have found it, I do live it" and "I do have friends".
Could you put yourself just in another position, to have friends, but not the love of your life beside you and not living the life with this love. You have all, but the rhythm of having it/living it all equally is not the best at the time. It will change. It always does. More important and beautiful is that you have that important constant all the time, isn't it?
mirjana

Postby Sabina » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Dear Mirjana,

I am perfectly aware of all that my life is, I never forget it, not even for a second.
No need to worry about that - ever.

Sabina
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby dermot » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:22 pm

If life is about Love.....and i believe it is, then its about living each moment with that Love?

Is this Love something we already have experienced, maybe without conscious memory of its existence?

There seems to be a longing within us to experience Love.....but again how do we long for something we have no experience of?
Where does this longing come from.......and why is it such a strong motivational force given most of us have no direct experience of it.

If we are Love, then its about a desire to express what we truly are?

Is it about a struggle to reveal our true selves?

If its not........then what is this Love thing all about..and where did it come from?

d.
dermot

Postby Sabina » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:16 am

dermot wrote:If life is about Love.....and i believe it is, then its about living each moment with that Love?

You know, actually... who is to say that we don't? I mean all of us, every single one of us.
Possible?

dermot wrote:Is this Love something we already have experienced, maybe without conscious memory of its existence?
There seems to be a longing within us to experience Love.....but again how do we long for something we have no experience of?

Dermot, why do you think we have no experience of love?
Or am I taking your words too literally?
Sabina

Postby dermot » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Sabina, i think that there are lots of people , myself included, who have this feeling of 'lost love', this would seem to be based on an experience of love that simply hasnt happened in this lifetime for most of us.

Why would we have this need to feel this depth ......if in fact we have no experience of it in our lives. What is this need based on....how do we know it exists?

If i had lived in the 13th Century i would have no need of feeling of need for computers...because the need came after the experience and was based on personal reality.
So, if lots of us desire this close bond of love ......my question is...why?

d.
dermot

Postby mirjana » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:22 pm

I think that Love is the thought of our Soul with which our Soul has come into this life. It is as infinite as our Soul and therefore so basically different from the thoughts of our body, which are based on the needs of our senses.
This thought reflects our connection with the higher spheres and traces our spiritual growth toward another realms. That is why, I think, it is so powerful energy that urges from within to be fulfilled.
mirjana

Return to Spirited Debate