Self Remembering

Not just for linguists and logophiles (word lovers)
The exploring, discovering and discussing of words, language & communication from different perspectives.

Self Remembering

Postby ubermensch » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I have read a few pages on this technique and watched a few videos explaining it but, something just doesn't feel right when i practice it. I was hoping someone might have a little more experience with this and might offer an explanation that might somehow make more sense than the ones i've heard already . Thanks in advance.
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Re: Self Remembering

Postby ubermensch » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:07 am

ubermensch wrote:I have read a few pages on this technique and watched a few videos explaining it but, something just doesn't feel right when i practice it. I was hoping someone might have a little more experience with this and might offer an explanation that might somehow make more sense than the ones i've heard already . Thanks in advance.

Side note. I should have added that this is a technique that G.I. Gurdjieff recommended .
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Return to Words & Language