Reality / Perception / Truth.....?

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Reality / Perception / Truth.....?

Postby dermot » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Get a beautiful rose and hold it in front of you. Inhale the fragrance and say to yourself,"Without me this rose would have no fragrance.
" Take in the glowing crimson colour and say to yourself, "Without me this rose would have no colour."
Stroke the velvety petals and say to yourself, |"Without me this rose would have no texture."
Realise that if you subtract yourself from any sensation- sight, sound, touch, taste, smell-the rose would be nothing but atoms vibrating in a void.

Now condider the DNA that is inside each cell of the rose. Visualise the billions of atoms strung out along a double helix and say to yourself, "My DNA is looking at the DNA of this flower. The experience is not an observer looking at an object. DNA in one form is looking at DNA in another form." Now see the DNA begin to shimmer and turn into invisible vibrations of energy. Say to yourself, " The rose has vanished into its primal energy. I have vanished into my primal energy. Now one energy field is looking at another energy field."

Finally see the boundary between your energy and the rose's energy fade as one set of waves merges into another, like ocean waves rising and falling on the vast surface of an endless sea. Say to yourself "All energy comes from one source and returns to it. When i look at a rose, a tiny flicker of infinity is rising from the source to experience itself."

Having followed this trial, you have arrived at what is truly real: an infinite, silent energy field flickered for an instant , experiencing an object (the rose) and a subject (you the observer) without going anywhere. Awareness simply took a look at one object of its eternal beuaty. Its only motive was to create a moment of joy. You and the rose stood at opposite poles of that moment, yet there was no separation. A single creative stroke took place, fusing you both.

The Book of Secrets page30/31....Deepak Chopra.

The peotic intuitive logic that is in this passage appeals to me personally...what do you think?

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Re: Reality / Perception / Truth.....?

Postby mirjana » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Dermot,
This is a beautiful and poetic example of interconnectedness. Thank you for bringing it here to us.
Whatever I look at, who ever I talk to, whatever I listen to, or I read about, or…, object and subject are merging giving each other energy and awareness of the moment, of life.
I think that is why gratitude is so important as it puts us in the situation to become aware of all waves and impulses that just by presence contribute to our awareness about life, self, others.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Beautiful Dermot <3

Alas I cannot visualise and contextualise life events in the simplistc way I used to ten years ago....which is unfortunate for my little neices and nephews could most surely benefit from some 'Auntie and Uncle' special time <3 <3 <3

I LOVE being an Auntie =0@ =0D =0@ =0)
Rachel

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Postby dermot » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi Rachel,
i want to ask you about the word 'simplistic' that you used. Do you think this txt was simplistic or that one needs to be simplistic to appreciate it?

I am confused, maybe you meant to say 'simple'?

The way i see it, life is or should be simple, we allow it to be complicated and then we think we should be complicated too. The more childlike we are the closer we become to our true selves. Adding layers to our ego only removes us from this...and we live remotely from truth, beauty and love.

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Return to Spirited Debate