Real Love

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Real Love

Postby QuietMind » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 am

Is love some thing that happens in fate?.......The stars are aligned and the birds are happily chirping and your lotto numbers come up, etc,etc.............Or do you just pick a person and work at it?...........Please no Jesus is my love stuff.....This is reality............
QuietMind

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: .
Favorite movie: .
Things I like: .
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 2

Re: Real Love

Postby elephantman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Falls Love is a hormone reaction when lust masquerade as love. Real love has no sexual desire, only companionship and friendship.
elephantman

Favorite book: Jane Ayre
Favorite movie: onion field
Things I like: Books, Music, the outdoors, friends, cooking, tennis, horses,
State of Mind or Tendency: Angelic
Kudos: 0

Postby dermot » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Folks,

the way i understand it is...that love is innate, it is a fundamental life force and is actually who you are in Truth.
Getting in touch with that life force and making it your way of being around other people and especially in relation to yourself is the key to happiness. The more we do this ...the more we are ourselves.

Becoming who you are in Truth is a journey of discovery, until we truly know and accept who we are we cannot have Love as our constant companion.

To love another is one hell of a lot easier when we love ourselves, and almost impossible if we do not.

To truly Love another we must accept them exactly as they are, and want nothing other than whats best for them...in other words our focus is on the Beloved.
If our love is one of attachent then love is a bargain...i love you, if you love me. Any change in the balance means we take action and change our feelings as required by the situation....
Obsession is a result of over attachment and our thinking gets twisted.
If we dont love another exactly as they are we can have feelings altered by a change of hairstyle, a change in body shape, a change in anything even if its just a change in how we 'perceive'.

If we dont love ourselves first we cant trust ourselves, if we cant trust ourselves we cant trust ourselves to love, it starts here and getting in touch with our innate capactiy to love is where the journey begins.
When we understand this, the empty feeling of longing is left aside, the need to find that 'special someone' to fill that empty place leaves...and with it all the unreasistic expectation we create in the persuit of the moving target of our own prejudices, needs, and even conditioning goes.

Finding love in your own heart means you can truly recognise it in another...and maybe...just maybe, we get a chance to love without pain.

<3

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Postby elephantman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Dear Dermot,

Thank you for your view on real love, it is well put If I can summarize it, first, know yourself, then be yourself, last love yourself and all things will fall in place.
elephantman

Favorite book: Jane Ayre
Favorite movie: onion field
Things I like: Books, Music, the outdoors, friends, cooking, tennis, horses,
State of Mind or Tendency: Angelic
Kudos: 0

Postby blackfellawhitefella » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:07 pm

.Love (is the lowering) of ego's boundarys.
relax, connect, allow.
repeat process.
blackfellawhitefella

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: the One i am allowing
Favorite movie: an australian story
Things I like: wisdom expressed
State of Mind or Tendency: Poetic
Kudos: 1

Postby mirjana » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm

dermot wrote:Hi Folks,

the way i understand it is...that love is innate, it is a fundamental life force and is actually who you are in Truth.
Getting in touch with that life force and making it your way of being around other people and especially in relation to yourself is the key to happiness. The more we do this ...the more we are ourselves.

Becoming who you are in Truth is a journey of discovery, until we truly know and accept who we are we cannot have Love as our constant companion.

To love another is one hell of a lot easier when we love ourselves, and almost impossible if we do not.

To truly Love another we must accept them exactly as they are, and want nothing other than whats best for them...in other words our focus is on the Beloved.
If our love is one of attachment then love is a bargain...i love you, if you love me. Any change in the balance means we take action and change our feelings as required by the situation....
Obsession is a result of over attachment and our thinking gets twisted.
If we don't love another exactly as they are we can have feelings altered by a change of hairstyle, a change in body shape, a change in anything even if its just a change in how we 'perceive'.

If we don't love ourselves first we cant trust ourselves, if we cant trust ourselves we cant trust ourselves to love, it starts here and getting in touch with our innate capacity to love is where the journey begins.
When we understand this, the empty feeling of longing is left aside, the need to find that 'special someone' to fill that empty place leaves...and with it all the unrealistic expectation we create in the pursuit of the moving target of our own prejudices, needs, and even conditioning goes.

Finding love in your own heart means you can truly recognise it in another...and maybe...just maybe, we get a chance to love without pain.

<3

d.

Your words Dermot are so true , instructivelly deep and they do not answer only the question about love. For me they are the key words for the path not only to love without pain, as you well pointed out, but also to life without pain and misery. Beautifully put.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby QuietMind » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am

It's as simple as this..............."If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else."~ Marvin Gaye............All my years of meditating and walking uphill through the mud are now paying off..........If I start moving mountains You all look out..........Almost 15 years dealing with schizophrenia.......and no meds since Oct 2011, and I feel fine..more clarity than I ever have..because I put the old sages words into practice...........It was just all part of the path.........If you want to know the truth.........You have to know the whole truth...........I hope you never get schizophrenia, but I think at some point you will have to if you have not already.........
QuietMind

Favorite book: .
Favorite movie: .
Things I like: .
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 2

Return to Spirited Debate