Re-Invent Yourself

Exercise your mind through 'what if' scenarios, moral
dilemmas, brain teasers & other playful ways.

Re-Invent Yourself

Postby Sabina » Sat May 22, 2010 2:21 am

Inspired by the third suggestions of new ways of being creative, I propose we all re-invent ourselves, as follows...

Invent a new super-hero based on yourself.
Describe the hero's characteristics, strengths and weaknesses.
You can be as detailed, or as not, as you want.
Let your imagination go wild. Go with it.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Re-Invent Yourself

Postby Metatron » Tue May 25, 2010 6:17 pm

I think I'd be Angelman. I was a normal guy hit by lightning, thus my favorite ability to think evolved. My brain power was raised by the power of the lightning and energy is leaking out of my head, so it looks like a halo. My special ability is that using my imagination I can create myself wings and other, smaller stuff, anything that my brain can handle. Thus, I am flexible for any kind of situation!
Who the hell is it you try to impress?

All you have to do is learn to care less!
Metatron

State of Mind or Tendency: Sleepy
Kudos: 13

Postby Ryan » Sun May 30, 2010 3:46 pm

The world is in ruins... depression flows through the masses like the chill of the nights and the damp of the rain. You don't want to stay out in the rain too long any more because the chemicals in the rain water will practically eat your skin off... and at the very least make you deathly sick.

Blue skies, green fields, and vibrant trees are but a legend these days... Greed and lack of concern for other members of our own species has led to the rapid decay of all that was good and beautiful.

Ryan was sitting beneath the old Caprice to keep out of the rain. It was one of those days where he gets this feeling deep inside that everything is wrong. What is wrong about it all he can't quite grasp as he has never known anything different than that which surrounds him. Yet there is no denying what the feeling is telling him.

Unknown to him, the old bio-hazard container piled on top of the Caprice has been filling up with water... and those chemicals found within the rain. Not to mention the residue that lined the inside of the barrel. A gust of wind rose up it toppled the already unstably placed barrel and its contents washed over and penetrated every pore and orifice of his body. Almost instantly his heart started pounding and his blood felt as though it were boiling. His head felt as if it would explode. He tried to remove the chemically drenched clothing to keep the sickness from getting any worse... but it was too late. He thought he was going to die...

Instead he gained the clarity to see and understand the depths to which everything around him was wrong. He also gained the strength and power to do something about it. He became...
    The Rhino!
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Morinda Lucida

Postby mirjana » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 pm

It was in one of her lucid dreams that Mirjana heard the name Morinda Lucida
In that dream Mirjana realized that her primordial mother gave her that name many lives ago because of the family tradition. Her family had a passion for plants and herbs and their healing properties. So, it was also the part of the tradition to give some of herbs or plants name to the daughters in the family in order to keep that passion. Whisper of the soul is the communication between the feminine members of the family and that is why Mirjana understands whenever her Morinda aspect appears from deep within with a need to communicate like that with her daughters. Although not living together, when they need each other, by sending a whisper of the name, that whisper would flow with a wind and the calling would always find the way back.
After that dream Mirjana understands her tendency to heal soul and body harmonizing them naturally and simply. She understands that is because of the hidden traces of her primordial family explained in their mythology and told to her in the dream. From then on she is able to understand why she loves nature, plants and animals and sees people only as a harmonized part of that. If it is not a case, spontaneous reaction is to give some of old knowledge that has been transmitted to her from generation to generation over the code messages, whispered confidently to the ears of those who stepped on the path of dreams and nature. She lives in harmony with this aspect of her, loves Morinda and share lot of time with her. Like polarities, these two M’s became one over time sealed and protected in that unity with three little dragons that are always around, together as a happy company when any of two of them is in her world of dreams, plants, spirit and codes.
They told her their message long ago and she keeps that as a protective reminder not to forget why she is here .

TLD message of Three Little Dragons

We keep the magic ball,
Just follow your star,
You’ll reach a lofty goal,
Revealing who you are.

If you really want to play,
Don’t hesitate, just stay,
Enjoy your creativity,
Drink of your immortality.

Dragons and lions together,
Find the magic ball,
Peace and love forever,
You reach your magic goal.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby ubermensch » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:39 pm

i would be "homeless man" , because no one accepts help from someone society feels is somehow less than they are . unless of course they were in real need . so even the people who needed help would have to re-evaluate how they view themselves and would look at people in unfortunate circumstances much differently especially after receiving help. my superhero costume would be the typical homeless man clothes. my special powers would be, my ability to change facial features so as not to be recognized after my good deeds, humbleness in the face of great deeds ( this would be very necessary) , psychic on all levels , the ability to dispense great wisdom to pedestrians in mental or emotional stress , and teleporting powers to travel from city to city , the ability to be on the dymaxion sleep schedule ( superpower in my book b/c it seems so very difficult) to produce vivid dreams about the future and perhaps to communicate to the other super powered endowed homeless heroes in the world . now to homeless mans weakness , homeless man has the propensity to shack up with the homeless women of the world and while he may be exhibiting another super power while with them, he tends to lose track of time ... =0@
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Postby Jade » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 pm

This is an amusing and riveting topic with some sterling answers! [El] [El] [El]
    "A Jade stone is useless before it is processed;
    a man is good-for-nothing until he is educated."

Chinese proverb
Jade

Kudos: 7

Postby Ryan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 am

Jade wrote:This is an amusing and riveting topic with some sterling answers! [El] [El] [El]

I agree!! What's your answer?
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Return to Imagination Exercises