Racism ??

Exploring psychology, sociology, social studies and experiments, applied psychology, education & pedagogy, personality psychology.

Racism ??

Postby ubermensch » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:07 pm

I belong to Yahoo Answers which is a site where you can ask questions and get feedback . Similar to here, except i would consider this the deep end of the intellectual pool , and Yahoo Answers would be the kiddie pool . Any way my account was recently suspended for 10 days for asking a question that was deemed racist . So I will pose it here and see if I have better results in an attempt to find my answer. Why is it considered so wrong to imply that people of jewish descent are in control of the media here in the US. Its not as if there is a lack of evidence that they do not control our media. It seems like this would be a compliment . Unless of course you were to consider the ramifications of this and its powerful impact to influence society , but to be called "racist" that seems absurd . Definitely interested in hearing feedback on this and your take on why, or why not you think it is racist ? do you think the term racist/racism can be used to label someone and assassinate their public character unjustly ?
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Re: Racism ??

Postby Sabina » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 pm

80| 80| 80|
Your account was suspended for asking that question????
Seriously?
I will get back to this topic, I am a bit wound up at the moment.. so.. be back soon.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby alija » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:43 am

Dear friend,
I will start from your last word in this text “unjustly”. Interesting, you consider yourself as an übermensch and do not understand that the words like right, righteousness, justice, and anything connected with the field of justice is an illusion forgetting that everything, this universe, is illusion and accepting the reality according to our brains perceptions. Power dictates the justice, the righteousness. Any talk about those words is fun, nonsense. Double moral society.

But, back to your question; I think you didn’t get enough long suspension, honestly. What is a purpose of your question? We know who controls money he controls the world not only media, but somebody has to be responsible for this duty.

This is time of biggest, almost biggest changes in human history. This is time of man lost in greed for material things without limits. Those with the most money are doing everything, all kinds of dirty works and wars in order to get more power bringing means. They are so much lost and you, being a member of this forum, should understand the purpose of spiritual work, spiritual advancement and forget things you cannot influence and change.

Here is, imo, very important to have some faith; except you are an atheist. What do we know about life, life purpose; nothing. Is it good they control the media and money and USA government, who knows. Let’s be optimist, let’s hope they know what they are doing. They have so much money and power that they can be equal partner to the Chinese who are coming, or they are maybe preparing together a new world government. Who cares. In this mental world there are much more important things to learn and to do in spite of finding at the end that there is no doer.

In order to shorten my sermon I would like just to ask you what was the purpose of your question. Did you already know the answer to your question?
What importance, sense has, for example, my statement USA is the biggest and almost the only terrorist on this globe? Telling this, what am I intending to say, do, prove. My stupidity, and nothing else in spite of all facts confirming my statement. Or, maybe to show you how well informed I am, how intelligent I am.

The punishment “racist” is maybe not the best chosen word. In this case “nationalist” could suite much better, imo, but their site, their decision, their choice. And one year membership suspension. =0@
In your answer You can tell me whatever you like, give me any kind of words. I merit it.
This subject is very, very interesting. I mean the answer to your senseless question is inspiring to a nice essay but Sabina is interrupting me with her exhausting, endless questions about our next meeting in Vienna.
Actually, that is the greatest beauty, our meeting in Vienna with children and grandchildren.
Are the USA, UK or any other mental creatures going to control the North African oil wells, who cares.
Namasthe and love.
a!
=0X
alija

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

Postby Sabina » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:15 am

ubermensch wrote:Unless of course you were to consider the ramifications of this and its powerful impact to influence society , but to be called "racist" that seems absurd .

The ramifications would include giving something that has one label another label instead.
So for example, if people now criticize "the media" and the unethical presentation of information (e.g., brainwashing the masses), then a question such as yours would replace the term "media" and in its place put a different kind of label.

Whether the term "racist" actually fits in this case I am not sure. Jews are not a race, but rather a nation, but then that doesn't really make sense either, because if someone was born and has grown up in a certain country, then that country should be their "nation".
So, in all actuality, I have no idea what the proper label would be.

The Jews, also known as the Jewish people, are a nation and ethnoreligious group originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East. The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation. Converts to Judaism, whose status as Jews within the Jewish ethnos is equal to those born into it, have been absorbed into the Jewish people throughout the millennia.

Source: Wikipedia

As far as I know, if someone's ancestry is Jewish, yet they are not really religious, then they still call themselves Jewish, is that correct? So again, I am not sure if the above explanation helps shed light on that question.

Checking the dictionary brings forth the following....
Jew
–noun
1. one of a scattered group of people that traces its descent from the Biblical Hebrews or from postexilic adherents of judaism; Israelite.
2. a person whose religion is Judaism.
3. a subject of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

–adjective
4. Offensive . of Jews; Jewish.

–verb (used with object)
5.( lowercase ) Offensive . to bargain sharply with; beat down in price (often followed by down ).

Source: Dictionary

It says offensive twice, for 4) and 5)... but the question you posed definitely doesn't seem to fit neither the 4th nor the 5th definition.

ubermensch wrote:do you think the term racist/racism can be used to label someone and assassinate their public character unjustly ?

Certainly it can...
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Ryan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:07 am

I would like to reflect upon Sabina's post a bit and point attention to your earliest method of writing in my thoughts on the matter...

Sabina points out the definitions of Jew where it refers to Jewish as well and if you will notice that the noun form is always capitalized. The adjective and verb forms are always going to be in lowercase and therefore if you have the tendency to always write things in lowercase letters (where the terms "Jew" or "Jewish" are concerned) they can only be taken in the offensive context.

As for any such material on a wider scale people are very paranoid about such things and tend to overreact... I have seen Mexicans take offense to being called a Mexican. Of course, it is only when it is a white person that calls them a Mexican... probably because they are aware of a lot of white people's opinion of Mexicans is derogatory in nature. Of course, I have also experienced being called "whitey" by a Mexican as a term of endearment... it would probably be different if they called me "American" though...
80S

At any rate... in a country where the "politically correct" term with which to refer to black people has went through at least twenty revisions... you can almost always expect the most extreme reactions to any possible demeaning remark to an ethnic group of people...
=0o =0X
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby ubermensch » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:09 am

alija wrote:Dear friend,
I will start from your last word in this text “unjustly”. Interesting, you consider yourself as an übermensch and do not understand that the words like right, righteousness, justice, and anything connected with the field of justice is an illusion forgetting that everything, this universe, is illusion and accepting the reality according to our brains perceptions. Power dictates the justice, the righteousness. Any talk about those words is fun, nonsense. Double moral society.

But, back to your question; I think you didn’t get enough long suspension, honestly. What is a purpose of your question? We know who controls money he controls the world not only media, but somebody has to be responsible for this duty.

This is time of biggest, almost biggest changes in human history. This is time of man lost in greed for material things without limits. Those with the most money are doing everything, all kinds of dirty works and wars in order to get more power bringing means. They are so much lost and you, being a member of this forum, should understand the purpose of spiritual work, spiritual advancement and forget things you cannot influence and change.

Here is, imo, very important to have some faith; except you are an atheist. What do we know about life, life purpose; nothing. Is it good they control the media and money and USA government, who knows. Let’s be optimist, let’s hope they know what they are doing. They have so much money and power that they can be equal partner to the Chinese who are coming, or they are maybe preparing together a new world government. Who cares. In this mental world there are much more important things to learn and to do in spite of finding at the end that there is no doer.

In order to shorten my sermon I would like just to ask you what was the purpose of your question. Did you already know the answer to your question?
What importance, sense has, for example, my statement USA is the biggest and almost the only terrorist on this globe? Telling this, what am I intending to say, do, prove. My stupidity, and nothing else in spite of all facts confirming my statement. Or, maybe to show you how well informed I am, how intelligent I am.

The punishment “racist” is maybe not the best chosen word. In this case “nationalist” could suite much better, imo, but their site, their decision, their choice. And one year membership suspension. =0@
In your answer You can tell me whatever you like, give me any kind of words. I merit it.
This subject is very, very interesting. I mean the answer to your senseless question is inspiring to a nice essay but Sabina is interrupting me with her exhausting, endless questions about our next meeting in Vienna.
Actually, that is the greatest beauty, our meeting in Vienna with children and grandchildren.
Are the USA, UK or any other mental creatures going to control the North African oil wells, who cares.
Namasthe and love.
a!
=0X

=0) I anticipated something along the lines of your comment . For you to assume that we (americans) do know who regulates the media is ludicrous. A topic that cannot even be discussed without someone losing there job, or being labeled a racist (nationalist) in a Q&A type website about searching for truth. Seriously ? As far as your accusations that my screen name equals atheism is very interesting and telling on your part . Ubermensch to me meaning Over Man . Over coming societies influence , parental influence , gov't influence , and becoming something more than man is today in his present state . Using tools such as meditation, learning, philosophy, and psychology to name a few. I am aware of Nietzsches struggles with his own spirituality or lack there of and b/c he is one of my favorite philosophers surely doesnt mean my religious ideology aligns with his. Or should i ask you to tell me my ideology ? I do think its important for questions like these to be asked in an a forum where there can be discourse such as this . Why shouldnt citizens in the US be allowed to know these things so they may make more informed decisions on certain topics that might be influenced by our media ? Might this not cause some to turn the TV off completely and force them to evaluate the situation with unbiased , uninfluenced mind ? Would the fact that they turned off the TV to begin with force them, like myself into a more spiritual pursuit when they realize the world is not as it seemed ? Hell it might even force a 3 year member of DeepSpirits to get off the couch and make his 28th post. The intention behind posting my question here was stated, and in between your assumptions and self congratulatory sermon ,I think you did manage to give me your opinion. I do understand that this is beyond our control and beyond any response that would warrant a change , but to dismiss this idea altogether as if it is beyond your many , many, many years of wisdom like it is some fly that should be shewed away ,is spiritually irresponsible on your part .To think you are the only one who has struggled with this type of information ( i.e. money handlers, and media conglomerates ) and dealt with it mentally with such careless disregard , isnt a fitting prescription for others who might have deeper emotions when they find this type of info out. To suggest that this information is common knowledge like you seem to be doing , would be to suggest you have not spent much time in America, and for that I am a tad envious. thanks for the reply .
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions

Postby ubermensch » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:02 am

Have you ever heard of Arthur Koestlers book " the 13th Tribe". -This book traces the history of the ancient Khazar Empire, a major but almost forgotten power in Eastern Europe, which in A.D. 740 converted to Judaism. Khazaria, a conglomerate of Aryan Turkic tribes, was finally wiped out by the forces of Genghis Han, but evidence indicates that the Khazars themselves migrated to Poland and formed the craddle of Western (Ashkenazim) Jewry.-taken from that website. http://www.christusrex.org/www2/koestler/
The ones we associate with as bankers , media conglomerates are from Khazria, As opposed to the long haired Jews who belonged to the original 12 tribes of Israel. Which is part of the reason the waters seem so muddled on this topic of who is ,who isnt , why , and why not. Thanks for the reply.
ubermensch

Return to Psychology