Progress not Perfection

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Progress not Perfection

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:26 pm

... How do you know when it is progression and not regression? What is the goal? I mean there has to be some point to which you are trying to progress towards, right? Or is it more to the point to say movement not stagnation? Just so long as you are not remaining the same... it doesn't matter whether it is progression or regression then?
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Re: Progress not Perfection

Postby GenerousGeorge » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 pm

I use "Progress not perfection" to mean I am "a work in progress" ....."Don't be too hard on myself when I am not perfect." "Don't expect instant gratification." "It is the journey that counts", "Don't be afraid to make mistakes," "Choose reasonable goals and don't look at everything in balack & white." =0/

For example, I am shooting 100 free throws at the gymn daily............. last week I averaged 81 out of 100, this week ....... so far I am averaging 85 out of 100.....I doubt I will ever average 100 (perfection) for a week but it's a good goal. Maybe I will hit a plateau, where I just cannot seem to get better, then I could work on my attitude about that and my form etc. so maybe I make the same amount, but with more style and better mental concentration. =0@

I guess in some ways it is similar to "It is the journey that counts".

Hope that helps.
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Re: Progress not Perfection

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:59 pm

I don't know... let's see...

So, you have an idea of perfection and you are going to go through the steps as though you think it is possible to achieve although you doubt it is?

Do you think there is anyone that can reach perfection? 100 out of a 100 for the week... or whatever?
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.