Progress?

By Agate

Progress?

Postby Agate » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:38 am

Yes, I think it's fair to call this progress.

A month ago, all those commercial closeups of succulent meat triggered cravings. It got so I had to look away, lest I succumb. Several of the same ads are still running, so out of curiosity I tried watching them tonight and discovered something had changed.

Images that made me drool a scant month ago now make me feel slightly ill.

One of the ads that had been sheer torture was for a specialty burger at McDonald's. Watching an ad for it tonight, I just sat here wondering "How the h*ll did I ever eat that???" The mere thought made me queasy.

It's progress...but I think I'll still look away from most of the meat-based advertisements. There's no reason to deliberately inflict nausea upon myself!
Everyone's got a tale to tell,
I know I'm not the first, or last but somewhere in-between;
Not best but not the worst.
Agate

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 8

Re: Progress?

Postby Sabina » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:55 am

I'm glad it's easier for you now. :)
As an added help, you may want to find out more about McDonald's and other fast food chain restaurants... you may never ever want to visit one again, not even to buy a soda.
We used to occasionally buy food in McDonald's or Burger King. Maybe once a month or once every two months.
Then we found out more, and now it has been years since we have been to one, and I know that we are done with them for good.

I would also recommend the movie "Food, Inc.". We watched it few days ago, on DVD. It has specifically to do with the food industry in the US, so it should be even more interesting and relevant for you than it was for us.
Food, Inc. was nominated for an Oscar, for Best Documentary, and won various awards.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Progress?

Postby mirjana » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:38 pm

It is great recommendation Sabina. To tell the truth I haven’t seen it so far, but from people who have watched it I have heard enough details in many direction so that I shall see it for sure, although, just with the information that I have got from them(people I trust very much) it would be enough to follow some of advice Sabina has mentioned in her post.
Agate, it is great that you have chosen that path and that you are aware of such nice development.
[El]
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Full of Beans