Power to Wisconsin Protesters

A forum dedicated to people who
are trying to make a difference.

Power to Wisconsin Protesters

Postby Sabina » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 am

MadisonWorld: A Future Where Corporations Have Human Rights ... And Humans Don't
By Richard (RJ) Eskow

Today we saw state troopers in Madison tearing peaceful protesters out of their own capitol after the Senate voted to deprive them of their rights. Video footage of that event should come with a label: Brought to you by the State of Wisconsin, a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries.

Right now Wisconsin is serving as the prototype for United States 2.0, a newly reconstituted nation where corporations have all rights of personhood without any of the responsibilities - and people have all the duties of personhood without any of the rights.

Welcome to your future. They're preparing it for you right now in America's heartland.

Read the full article here:
MadisonWorld: A Future Where Corporations Have Human Rights ... And Humans Don't

Here is another one... a farmer named Tony Schultz in Wisconsin talking to the crowd about what is happening at his local schools and to his own community because of the governor's tax-cuts-for-corporations, budget-cuts-for-the-people budget:

"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Power to Wisconsin Protesters

Postby mirjana » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:13 am

I have read the article and saw these videos.
It is dramatically sad and only shows the irony of laws. It also shows that laws are where the power is.
That is why the message of the topic To All People of the World touched me very deeply and moved every cell of my body.
http://www.deepspirits.com/exploration/to-all-the-people-of-the-world--t905.html
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Power to Wisconsin Protesters

Postby Metatron » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Stuff like this makes my blood boil. I'm going to send the link to this page to a friend who still would like to live in America in spite of all the s h i t that's going on there... Thanks for sharing.
Who the hell is it you try to impress?

All you have to do is learn to care less!
Metatron

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Sleepy
Kudos: 13

Return to Civil Courage