Paths to Love

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Paths to Love

Postby mirjana » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Pat wrote:"we made even bigger mistake adding an adjective in front of Love, and we got the expression unconditional Love"

Alija I like this .... conditional love sounds like an oxy moron....like military intelligence.

"We are forgetting we live in the world of dichotomies, dualistic world. "

We do live in a dualistic world but we exist in a universe of Just So. and love is neither good nor bad it is just what we are. There is a balance between the world of just so and the world of dualities that we have to find ... Then we will understand the true nature of love.

I suggest the words above transformed into the sentence to be sent for DS quotes:
"Love is neither good nor bad, it is just what we are."
It says a lot.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Love is not neither good nor bad, love is everything, and as such I don't think it should be simplified to the point of saying it is neither good nor bad.
Some things are neither good nor bad... love doesn't fall into that category for me.
I would rather say love is good even if it may seem like something else, again - whatever that 'something' may be...

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

plants and insects

Postby mirjana » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:45 pm

another beautiful perception of love...
mirjana

Postby golflouis » Sun May 09, 2010 3:17 am

It seems to me that you gathered a good comprehension of what is love Sabina...you said it, we are born with it.
The years pass and for most of us, with the birth of the ego, the loss of innocence, of compassion, we begin to build slowly but relentlessly the different barriers that start bit by bit to cover the once pure light that came to us; some life experiences may help cover more densely that light, or on the opposite some others may help shed the barriers and let the light in again...nothing is ever lost though, it is always possible for love to pierce through; knowing ourselves and understand what may have happened and when, like the choices we made, the distractions from a hearty life we chose to follow, anything that could have contributed to build the walls and leave us in the dark, those are the things or situations to comprehend, and when it is done, a liberation comes from knowing the truth.

Thus living with love is really what we heard so often from the orient buddhism, a pathless journey, for the light is and has always been there. Gurus, spiritual guides, priests and their followers need each others, and for this, they stay in darkness. Nobody could ever walk in your shoes, and fragmentation of the mind used by psychoanalysis brings confusion rather than light for the same reason.
golflouis

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

Postby mirjana » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:44 pm

This video could be interesting for this topic:
mirjana

Previous

Return to Spirited Debate