Paths to Love

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Paths to Love

Postby Leahann » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:25 am

Sabina

I agree with you in so many ways...although it so often comes down to what our definitions are.

I'm only half way through the series you posted on the debate over the existence of the devil...but one of the things that Deepak shared that stood out is the fact that we are both light and dark, positive and negative energies etc...and that creation can not exist without both.

So for me at the moment I conclude that Love is all things...and encompasses both the Light and the Dark.

Saying that it is the light we see...and in essence it makes sense that Love is Light and that the more light we shine the more Love we are emanating as light seems to be the conduit to experience love at its deepest levels.

But the light cannot shine without our embracing the darkness as well...or so it seems.

<3 Leahann
Leahann

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 2

Postby Sabina » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:18 pm

It is important to be aware of the darkness - to have an awareness as opposed to being oblivious towards it or blaming it on someone else or something else.
So, in my opinion, it depends on what you mean by embracing it.
Some people could interpret "embracing darkness" as living it out, but that only helps one to stay in the darkness.

I don't think that to love means never to feel any negative feelings.
However, if we always try to see what lays underneath of the darker feelings, if we always genuinely try to understand, then that is our choice. It means choosing light over darkness.

The thing is, the same can be done in reverse as well, and that's very easy.
Just like it is easier to write a sad poem than a happy poem.
It is easier to show genuine pain in a movie than to show genuine happiness.
Maybe people are more familiar with the dark side, so they know better how to portray it, how to show it in a piece of art.
Maybe that's why happiness in art (and life) is something that so often seems kind of cheesy... because people are less familiar with it, and therefore don't quite know how to show it - how to show genuine and sincere happiness in art.

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby dermot » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Maybe darkness is a 'shadow energy'.

In every decision, moment, we have the choice to act with love.......or go to the shadow?
And there is always a shadow.
d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Postby Sabina » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Yes, exactly. I agree that the shadow is always there.
It just gets easier with time to choose light over shadow the more you do it.
In a way, each time you choose light, you fill yourself with light, which helps you the next time you are in front of a decision.

Sabina
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby Leahann » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 am

Sabina.

So, in my opinion, it depends on what you mean by embracing it.
Some people could interpret "embracing darkness" as living it out, but that only helps one to stay in the darkness.

No I'm not talking about living it out as being embracing it...although we do live many times in our lives in a darker place.

My interpretation of embracing the darkness is to accept that we do have negative aspects to our nature...that we are all these things and feelings within...both light and dark, the yin and yang idea.

To shed light in a dark place, could be used as an idea that when we bring the positive light of enlightenment into it we can see clearer the cause of the darkness and evaluate it...to see if there is value in continuing to maintain such a feeling etc.

Does that make more sense?
=0/ Leahann
Leahann

State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 2

Postby Sabina » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Certainly Leahann, that is kind of what I explained as well. I thought that's how you meant it, I just pointed out that the particular phrase "embracing darkness" can be interpreted in different ways, that's all.
=0)
__4__

My original question when I opened this thread was this:
I believe it is that quest for love that we have in common as well, regardless of our familiarity with love up to this point. So the question is, what is the next step on the evolutionary ladder of and to love, in your opinion?

I would like to add a question to that, it kind of fits the topic subject (Paths to Love) as well as the original question...

How do we get to this next evolutionary step in your opinion?

Sabina
Sabina

Postby mirjana » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Sabina wrote:...

The good start could be to read Addendum. When one of two shouts, it is the best signal that there is something disturbing on the path of love disabling at least those two to discover the light of the moment. Learning to understand that and not let it happens; they make steps in expanding the light and transforming the Path of Life into the Path of Love.

Mirjana
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Randall » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:59 pm

I can't define how we get to our next evolutionary step, because I'm not there. I can say that I feel its when we look at all the aspects of love. When we can see it in the tree, the air, the grass, the water... and see how all things live with in the universal aspects of love.

I'm a pattern person. I love to observe the patterns that exist in all things.

I think maybe the way to move into your next evolutionary step is to do it following the aspects of life that you relate to.

All roads lead to Rome as they say.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby dermot » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Next evoloutionary step?

Chopra talks about 'Critical Mass'.
Global consciousness can be influenced or even changed when there are enough people living with Love, in effect a critical point is reached and emphasis sways thinking and change occurs.

It goes all the way back to Power of One thinking, and its knock on effect.

dermot.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Kudos: 52

Postby Pat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:50 pm

"we made even bigger mistake adding an adjective in front of Love, and we got the expression unconditional Love"

Alija I like this .... conditional love sounds like an oxy moron....like military intelligence.

"We are forgetting we live in the world of dichotomies, dualistic world. "

We do live in a dualistic world but we exist in a universe of Just So. and love is neither good nor bad it is just what we are. There is a balance between the world of just so and the world of dualities that we have to find ... Then we will understand the true nature of love.
:)
Pat

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: .
Favorite movie: .
Things I like: .
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate