Notre Dame de Paris, the musical

That ancient art form whose medium is sound.
Melody, harmony, rhythm and inspiration.

Notre Dame de Paris, the musical

Postby Cyrene » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:13 pm

I love this musical. The "mise en scene" is magnificent. It has strength and it is delicate at the same time. Every character lives their own personal tragedy and the result is superb.

"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
Cyrene

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: The Little Prince
Favorite movie: What dreams may come
Things I like: All kind of music, historical novels, books that allow me to learn something, good films, travelling, visiting museums, knowing new cultures
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 1

Re: Notre Dame de Paris, the musical

Postby mirjana » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:16 pm

hi Cyrene,
You are posting my music lately. =0) This is my all favourite musical. We have it at home and few years ago this CD was turning all time around. There is not a weak part in this musical and there are different psychological aspects of passion and love that are presented beautifully. One of the strongest is this one when Frollo sings about his passion that has pulled his dark side out:

mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Notre Dame de Paris, the musical

Postby Cyrene » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Beautiful indeed. Nobody is free of living a passion, isn't it ? I like the way the characters are presented and how passion overwhelms them all.
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
Cyrene

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: The Little Prince
Favorite movie: What dreams may come
Things I like: All kind of music, historical novels, books that allow me to learn something, good films, travelling, visiting museums, knowing new cultures
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 1

Return to Music